Brandon1995 San Francisco

Brilliant and true.

dawl adulting
12/10/15 12:54 pm

Wish I could up vote this more than once 😂

ndull Minnesota
12/10/15 11:29 am

While I don't disagree with the comic, gun owners don't have a "gun owners manifesto" which states to kill all non gun owners.

palindrome California
12/10/15 12:42 pm

To be fair, a good amount of the rabid pro-gun arguments revolve around some variation of "if you try to touch my guns, I'll not only kill you but I'll overthrow the nation"

ndull Minnesota
12/10/15 7:22 pm

Take one constitutional right away, what's stopping the govt from taking the rest? You've got college students demanding the first amendment be repealed to restrict hate speech.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 10:13 am

Neither one of these cartoons represents anyone I know.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 10:44 am

you interact with lots of people on Show of Hands...you don't recognize this in any of them?

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 11:15 am

I guess I'm just tired of the lefts idea of a gun owner in this country being a big fat redneck who's uneducated. Not even close.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 11:36 am

DUEY - many of us including myself are equally tired of the far rights characterization of all Muslims as bloodthirsty terrorists.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 11:42 am

Like I said before I don't know anyone personally that views all Muslims in that light. I know bunches who think it would be wise to stop letting them immigrate until we get a grip and a system in place to properly vet them. Most of us on the right are for smart immigration laws. The President has shown time and again that he's more protective of illegals of any country or origin then the security of his own fellow citizens.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 12:01 pm

DUE - and I personally do not know anyone who feels all gun owners are rednecks. Who said anything about future immigrants? I'm talking about the hate focused by the extreme right on all Muslims. Including the 6MN Americans and those who legally immigrated here in the past. You posted a couple of YouTube vids. Do 2 quick searches. One on "gun owners are rednecks" and a second on "muslims not peaceful." Tell us which of the top vids has the most views.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 12:59 pm

Well who in the hell do you think is doing all the killing in such a gruesome fashion around the world. Who declared war on America? Not rednecks, I believe it's radical Muslims. Who's cutting heads off of people? Who's killing Christians in mass quantities around the Middle East, not rednecks. Who's putting people in cages and lighting them on fire or drowning them? It rednecks? Who just killed 14 people in California? Not rednecks. I don't recall rednecks doing any of the latest mass killings, I recall a mentally unstable kid and an Asian student that did a couple of the worst ones recently. Then there's your everyday gang related drive by crap. So where's all this damage rednecks are causing?

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 1:23 pm

DUE - and there's the Godfearinlibertylovinconservaradicals problem. They cannot separate what some people are doing half a world away from people in this country. Meanwhile when one of their Brethren attacks some church goers or attacks women in a medical center, they're "mentally ill." Pathetic. Really absolutely pathetic.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 1:29 pm

I'd also point out that apparently you DO actually know someone who holds those views about all Muslims.....

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 1:33 pm

Who's brethren? Yours? Not mine for god damned sure. I never claimed any kinship to the dumb bastard that shot up the mass murdering planned parenthood factory. Did you? My friends and family members didn't. We wouldn't associate with those radical homegrown terrorists. I just don't get why we would want to import more crazy religious people we can't vet properly.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 1:42 pm

And again you reinforce your clear membership in the right-handed cartoon.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 2:07 pm

And you're part of that crazy left that can't see the forest for the trees. If they can't be properly vetted why would we allow them entry? I'm just going by what the FBI Directer said.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 2:10 pm

So Obama relates to that same cartoon as well.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 2:31 pm

DUE - you started this by saying you didn't know anyone in the cartoons, and then have gone out of your way to prove you're in the right-handed one. I said many of us are tired of the extreme right characterizing all muslims as bloodthirsty terrorists. You respond by posting stuff characterizing them as such and saying "see! They really are! You need to stop seeing individuals (trees) and start lumping them all together (forest)! You say that the left characterizes all gun owners as uneducated rednecks, all the while the making arguments of the uneducated and the redneck. Truthfully, I see absolutely nothing of substance in any argument you've made so far. So I kinda don't see much reason to continue this chat.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 2:33 pm

"This doesn't look anything like me!"

*proceeds to demonstrate how this looks exactly like him*

awkward...

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 2:40 pm

STIL - yeah, I know. I'm kinda surprised he didn't recognize that as he was typing.

duey in a fools paradise
12/10/15 2:44 pm

I'm still here, by the way, why was it ok for Obama to pause Iraqi immigration but now with Syrians it's out of the question. I treat those in this country with respect who are here legally and have assimilated. If they are here illegally yeah I'm going to look like the cartoon.

firefly5 the verse
12/10/15 10:12 am

A little too true.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 10:10 am

An incredibly balances poll. I'm going to say that right off the bat as I'm sure others will not recognize it as such.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 10:11 am

:) it's intended to be provocative

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 10:12 am

and to make people think critically :)

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 10:25 am

STIL - feel like doing some data digging?

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 10:45 am

If it's easy enough? I'm billing 13 hours in the office today!

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
12/10/15 10:51 am

It's based on the cartoon. We know that approx. 30% of US are legal gun owners (~90MN). We also know that approx 2% (~6MN) of US pop is Muslim. Which group has been more dangerous in America this year? Both raw numbers and percent of respective population? Not terribly hard to tease out, i just don't have time today!

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
12/10/15 10:53 am

me either, at least, not until I issue the ruling I've been working on for weeks now. Perhaps in the afternoon!

Or maybe somebody else wants to tackle this one?