think4yourself December 10th, 2015 4:10pm

A new scientific study says happiness has NO effect on your health or mortality, previous studies have suggested the opposite. Which do you believe?

mfjd1948 rural johnson co iowa
12/15/15 6:55 am

There are even more studies out that show the opposite. Your state of mind does affect your health. For example, it is depressed individuals who commit suicide.

ladyniner81 Embrace your inner dork
12/11/15 6:57 am

I know people who are hateful people, and are stressed and have outlived everyone in their family. And happy people who outlived everyone. I don't know who to believe

mugendraco Alabama
12/10/15 8:40 pm

From personal experience, I'd have to say it has no effect. I'm the healthiest person I know.

Wackacrat Harford County
12/10/15 6:45 pm

What about stress (anti-happiness?)

Makeishura
12/10/15 4:36 pm

Less happiness leads to stress, which has been proven time and time again to reduce life span...

DankZane Visus Per Mentem
12/10/15 4:17 pm

I'm skeptical. While the sample size is a non issue at 1,000,000, it was only conducted on women. Subtle differences in how women and men perceive unhappiness, stress and health could impact the results in a new study. Another potential flaw I noticed is that when determining lifestyle factors, the data was self reported. I'm not saying all the women in the study lied, but there are certainly lifestyle factors people are ashamed of that some may omit when asked about it, even anonymously. Some of these include alcohol consumption, smoking, diet and drug use. Lastly, to my knowledge, this is the only study to come to this conclusion. Until other studies come out with the same results, I'm taking this one with a grain of salt.

EquaISideEcon more conservative than u
12/10/15 3:52 pm

Depends had the previous studies taken into account suicides?

Diogenes Cosmati Pavement
12/10/15 2:14 pm

Happy people must contribute to climate change somehow; hence the release of this new information.

think4yourself Not a safe space
12/10/15 4:21 pm

Very true. I bet they have a theory that "proves" a smile emits carbon.

GenericProfile Custom Tags Are Gay
12/10/15 1:05 pm

There's absolutely no chance that emotions don't affect health somehow.

slickspin Heart of Texas
12/10/15 3:58 pm

I know quite a few nasty, mean, a******s - that are all old....

cowboy Dog Lives Matter