Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/14/15 12:57 pm

There are many signs... extremely slim chance that it will be in my lifetime. But long after i die, probably

thebarr
12/14/15 4:43 am

Yes, but likely not in the way that people expect.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/12/15 11:45 pm

Yes, but Christians need to realize that both Jesus and Paul taught that Jesus will return AFTER the Great Tribulation. The Pre-Trib Rapture theory was NEVER taught until 1830, when two preachers (Irving was first, but Darby was more popular) seized on a "vision" recounted by 18-year-old Margaret MacDonald, of the little village of Port Glasgow, Scotland. Before this teenager's dream, there was no belief in a secret "first-and-a-halfth" coming – just a very public Second Coming, after the Tribulation (as Jesus said in Matthew 24:29ff.). I have taught this all many times before on SoH in greater detail, but I'll be happy to answer any and all questions on this or other Christian doctrines at any time. ✟

commonsense Read another book
12/10/15 7:13 pm

Only if there's a zombie apocalypse.

DiQuellaPira
12/10/15 6:06 pm

He comes back every morning around 6 am. Look to the east.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/10/15 3:38 pm

I'm not convinced he was ever here in the first place, although I am convinced neither the first turn or the return (if either has happened or will someday) matters in the least.

PresWK Minnesota
12/10/15 2:45 pm

God is dead an we killed him

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
12/10/15 1:40 pm

I thought allowing gay marriage was going to be the final straw and judgment day was coming? Any day now I guess... maybe he got lost on the way?

getupbaby South City
12/10/15 12:59 pm

Can we get Neil Peart out of retirement instead?

fergie Hobbit Hole
12/10/15 3:36 pm

Im still not convinced he's retired. Maybe done touring, but I think we'll hear more music from Geddy, Alex and the professor. I can dream, right?

KAnne Atlantic City, NJ
12/10/15 12:20 pm

I believe Jesus existed and was a great man but I don't believe he was the son of a god, so no. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

thebarr
12/14/15 4:46 am

If he existed and wasn't from God then he was a lunatic or sociopath that was executed. Mad, bad, or authentic; those are the only valid options. Kind of scary, isn't it?

larryboy Florida
01/06/16 2:39 pm

If you are wrong tho you will burn in hell. He is the savior. He preformed miracles on earth. And rose from the dead

larryboy Florida
01/06/16 2:41 pm

Also when he died there was an earth quake

Jake9473 Mississippi
12/10/15 10:48 am

What's with all these bible quotes. If I go quote a line from a spider man comic it doesn't make it true.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 11:17 am

The reason for the quotes is that the Bible very clearly states in several places that Jesus said he would return in the lifetimes of the people alive during the supposed crucifixion.

Spoiler: He didn't.

Jake9473 Mississippi
12/10/15 11:45 am

Oh I was aware of that . Just using the bible thumpers logic in comparison to spider man comics

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:02 am

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:02 am

“Behold, I have told you in advance. So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:02 am

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.“ (Matthew 24: 25-34)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:03 am

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place…“ (Mark 13:26-30)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:03 am

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.“ (Luke 21:27-32)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
12/10/15 10:09 am

The Biblical quotes Jesus as having said he would return within the lifetime of the people present. He was explicit.

There are a few options:

1) Jesus lied.
2) The Bible lied.
3) Jesus was wrong.
4) The Bible is wrong.
5) Jesus returned but no one noticed (which then invalidates other "prophesies")
6) Some of the people in his audience are still alive.
7) Jesus did not mean what he actually said here because that would puncture your mythos, so there must be some other made up and entirely unconvincing to anyone else excuse for why this seems so blatantly contradictory.

ronderman North Carolina
12/10/15 8:29 am

Yes, I believe it.

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
12/10/15 8:14 am

I believe that just as much as I believe all the other dead will awaken with eyes of ice when the cold wins rise.

suppressedID the glory of Yo Semite
12/10/15 8:01 am

Sure. He and Jose come back every couple of weeks to trim the hedges and mow the lawn.

biker4life Arizona
12/10/15 7:50 am

No. I have my doubts about the validity of the story anyway.