HappyLez December 10th, 2015 1:54pm

I posted an AMA question this morning and it did really well and was on the Hot List. Then a few people down voted it and bounced it off the Hot List? Do you think people don't like me because of my politics or sexual preference?

jlong105 Indiana
12/10/15 5:24 pm

You're gay?!?!! I had no clue.

orgblu10 Shamerica
12/10/15 3:59 pm

Idk, Happy. It just seems like there's a lot of general ill will and impatience going around lately, and it may be causing more people to down vote more polls. Just the vibe I'm getting.

susanr Colorado
12/10/15 4:59 pm

I'm trying to remember to up rate as many of them as I can justify (with very loose criteria), to counter that.

Kay41 the Midwest
12/10/15 3:30 pm

I'd guess that it isn't you that they don't like (how could they not like you???), but rather the AMA type question.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
12/10/15 1:50 pm

I always forget that voting is a thing. So I don't down or up vote pretty much any polls, nor am I ever aware of how my polls were voted. Probably makes for a better experience that way.

Krystina Live and Let Live
12/10/15 10:26 am

I've had a few polls start off well and then get massively down voted lately too, even non-political polls. It happens. Who knows why. My best guess is trolls. Try not to sweat it much.

bubba2526 New Jersey
12/10/15 8:25 am

Seriously who gives a shit if someone down voted your poll it's not because of your political views or your sexuality who cares who you love personally I don't whatever floats your boat is cool with me but AMAs are annoying as shit so stop playing victim of hate and grow up. I'm dem and some of my best friends are gay and I down voted this because you're being whiney as hell and personally I don't want to see this shit

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/10/15 8:54 am

Just a bit naive and asking a real question
Didn't think it was whiney
I don't need or care if you like me Bubba
But try not being a D**k about it

bubba2526 New Jersey
12/10/15 9:23 am

Ill be the first to admit I'm a dick. And it's a question you shouldn't give a fuck about who cares what people think of you because of who you are (if you're happy with you then fuck the world). Don't take shit on here personal not everyone is a dick or asshole because of your views I respect your views it just seemed you were trying to play victim and that pisses me off

bubba2526 New Jersey
12/10/15 9:40 am

Okay just as long as you're not trying to play victim and get sympathy then we're cool. I just see enough playing victim every day and it just drives me nuts at this point

RoDe Latinus wordsus
12/10/15 12:04 pm

Are you a victim of that Bubba?

bubba2526 New Jersey
12/10/15 1:43 pm

Of what? I'm not a victim of anything

allswel Minnesota
12/10/15 8:05 am

Another reason why people should be using the ignore button.

First rule of the Internet is: " Do Not Feed the Trolls!"

MrsCrayonWax Kathys Klown
12/10/15 8:08 am

I just ignored three absolute wastes of space.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/10/15 8:11 am

When you ignore someone, they can't see your stuff or you just don't see theirs?

MrsCrayonWax Kathys Klown
12/10/15 8:25 am

Both. They can't see your polls or profile and vice versa. Also, comments you've made in previous threads with them will disappear for them and what they've said will be blanked out by a "this user has been ignored." Or something like that.

allswel Minnesota
12/10/15 9:31 am

And the above is a perfect example of what the ignore button is designed for.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/10/15 9:35 am

Excellent...I just thought I didn't have to see their crap anymore

MrsCrayonWax Kathys Klown
12/10/15 10:05 am

It's getting out of control lately. Lots of hate and really sad. Everyone seems so angry.

CMD1973 Oxford iowa
12/10/15 8:04 am

Hey I like you.

MrsCrayonWax Kathys Klown
12/10/15 7:48 am

Listen HY, I used to think that was just crazy talk but I'd bet it's a combo of both having experienced it myself for God for bid, not blindly towing the conservative line. People down vote because they are nasty and rude. I'm up voting!

Odysseus We All Need A Fantasy
12/10/15 7:31 am

Don't let the bastards get you down. You are much appreciated by many of us.

imanag My heaven on Earth
12/10/15 7:19 am

I have to say, I think that @MrLucchese is right on this one. There are a lot of people who just don't like AMAs and sadly, they down vote. You and your polls are awesome though, Happy. Don't let the negative folk bug you.

jvc1133 61535
12/10/15 7:17 am

Congratulations, you live in Merica , be what you want. 😎

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
12/10/15 7:09 am

I doubt it's either. Many people just dinky like non-question polls. Though I didn't down-vote it, I don't like AMA polls, and there's no real reason for them to be on the hot list.

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
12/10/15 7:15 am

Same. I don't remember if I down voted it or not, but I tend to down vote AMAs.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
12/10/15 7:15 am

Dinky? Lol
I meant don't*.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
12/10/15 7:17 am

I don't down vote them, but I virtually never participate in them. I've always found the trend rather obnoxious and unnecessary (I've said it since it first became popularized on here). If I want to ask someone a question, I'll just do it. I don't need a poll as a means to do so. Nothing personal against those who post them... It's just a matter of preference, and that's why I don't down vote them.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/10/15 7:27 am

Was curious how it got to the list in the first place, but since I'm not an Upgraded user I thought it would get more exposure there.
Was disappointed to be gone so quickly
I never down vote anything...if I don't like something, I just skip it

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
12/10/15 7:30 am

The hot list is based on participation in votes and comments, and it also takes the rating into consideration. Your polls are good. 😊 AMAs just tend not to do very well rating-wise.

Ebola1 Florida
12/10/15 7:07 am

I up voted it. I can't figure out why some people down vote some polls. I respect you greatly even though we don't often agree.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
12/10/15 7:27 am

Thank You and Ditto. 😄

TierasPet
12/10/15 7:04 am

I think people can be jerks. I'm sorry.