Show Of Hands October 17th, 2011 12:00am

Have you eaten a donut in the past week? (UserQ)

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/24/11 12:20 am

This weeks indulgence is going to be a pumpkin milkshake at Burger Vill. If you all come to Oregon. It's a must go. Real pumpkin in the shake. Salmon burgers umm mm 

T21Money
10/22/11 3:26 pm

Wait maybe one every other week and I exercise so...

T21Money
10/22/11 3:25 pm

I try to eat ONE every week... This is why America is fat... They don't eat in moderation like I do

Gelidity Pennsylvania
10/21/11 6:12 am

Oh my God I haven't! I must go get one soon.

10/20/11 11:01 pm

I haven't eaten. donut for years...

nimrod
10/20/11 9:59 am

Try the past ten minutes lol. Pumpkin donut from dunks!

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
10/19/11 7:53 pm

No. But leave them alone.
Fat people are not being force fed donuts - they Choose to eat a dozen each morning.
The government does not need to save me from Crispy Cream.

Someone Wisconsin
10/18/11 10:50 pm

A couple weeks ago my US History teacher brought them in. He made us call them "learning enhancers". X)

SouthernG Man Cave
10/18/11 10:07 pm

Had one this week. :-) guess that don't count

yvonnne Texas
10/18/11 7:48 pm

A classmate at school took some for breakfast

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/18/11 5:26 pm

@TopsQueen You are SOO right about drinking water. When my mom lost over 100 lbs she went through a few gallons a day. A good rule of thumb is to take your weight in pounds divided by 2 and then that number (~70 for me) is how many OUNCES of water you should drink per day.

FIAT LUX!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 3:20 pm

I forgot protein shakes and bars. Also drink a lot of water. Many times when we think were hungry were really thirsty.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 3:12 pm

3rdSide. Nuts are good dried fruit (watch the amount) walking 30 minuets 3 x a week. Or during your break. When you get your fridge fixed cottage cheese. You need protein and fat for staying power and good complex carbs for energy. Half a tuna with avocado on whole wheat. For break.

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
10/18/11 2:58 pm

to bad there isn't a demographic chart to say if you are a cop...

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/18/11 1:47 pm

@3rdSide I generally find that sort of thing occasionally occurring here as well. I've found getting a proper amount of sleep, a 15 minute power nap after lunch (with a timer), eating right, and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning to help.

FIAT LUX!

3rdSide
10/18/11 12:47 pm

need to fix my office fridge too....keeps shutting down. Otherwise I'd keep more refrigerated non carb items in there

3rdSide
10/18/11 12:46 pm

@topsqueen I have beef jerky at the office to try to avoid sugar items, but I always end up consuming both bags in one week, so I end up back on sugar items again

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 9:19 am

If I remember right an ounce is 177 calories. That's about 22 of them. I get unroasted at Costco. At Trader Joes they have them with dark chocolate. It's good for you but I only eat a few.
Hope this has helped. Love to help more.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 9:13 am

A sweet snack will wake you fast then bring you down fast. Doughnut having fat in them will take a bit longer to digest. Peanut M&Ms have a little fiber too. Not calling them health food. You can get a sugar free copy of them. A hand full of almonds is a great thing to keep in a baggy.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 9:08 am

3rdSide sugar spikes then has a very fast drop in your blood sugar. You take longer to break down protein and fat. A piece of cheese and apple would do you better. However an apple is high in carbs. Celery w/ peanut butter. Turkey breast rolled in a romaine leaf or low carb wrap.

10/18/11 8:51 am

Fat boy on a diet. Don't try it. I'll smack yo ass like a looter in a riot.

3rdSide
10/18/11 7:52 am

@topsqueen my prob is I lose energy mid work day, literally falling asleep, so I consume a sugar item or 2 or 3 or 4 to finish out the day

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/18/11 4:53 am

About a month ago I had some Krispy Kreme glazed donuts which I understand are supposed to be AWESOME. They tasted like glazed cardboard that I was only eating to keep me awake at that time of night—AWFULL!!! Of course, my mom serves mostly homemade and fresh food, so…

FIAT LUX!

webzuki Minneapolis
10/18/11 4:34 am

JUST started a weight loss challenge so no. Almost 2 lb in less than a wk

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/11 2:49 am

@3rdSide it was hard at first. I actually went through withdraw. Headache, stinky sweat and I was told I was grumpy.  but I stuck in and lost 115lbs. Now I eat in moderation. I put some back on and am taking it off again. Not a lot. I would be glad to help you.

KudosToYou California
10/18/11 2:24 am

I miss real doughnuts...Colonial Doughnuts in Oakland, CA is my favorite place. Now, after moving there is only Krispy Kreme (not an option) and Dunkin Doughnuts, which is good enough for those rare occasions where a doughnut is in need. I'll get apple fritters or lemon filled with a coffee. ????

m!a California
10/17/11 11:33 pm

Guess it's just not a donut eating week for America!

eradicator JC
10/17/11 11:28 pm

I don't entirely understand New England's religious devotion to Dunkin Donuts coffee, but I do prefer their donuts to KK.

3rdSide
10/17/11 11:25 pm

I really wish I could get rid of sugar in my diet...congrats you two

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/17/11 11:21 pm

@ Njal I did that on Atkins. Very healthy. Good for you.

njalstorm
10/17/11 11:07 pm

I gave up donuts, chips, fries, and soda's; I am 40 and I am back in my high school jeans.

shaka-shollz The armpit of America
10/17/11 10:57 pm

I work on a little farm stand, but we make up to 1600 apple cider doughnuts a day to keep up with the demand....

10/17/11 10:44 pm

lol I can't believe there are 101 comments about the donut poll.

10/17/11 10:19 pm

@Shazaam I'm pretty sure they sell DD coffee in stores now. I've seen commercials for it, but I'm not sure about California. Good luck!

skeptisys
10/17/11 10:19 pm

Japanese doughnuts are amazing. Curry or potato salad doughnuts need to be tried at least once.

crashbob
10/17/11 10:17 pm

well... im in the city where krispy kreme was born. winston-salem north carolina!

10/17/11 10:14 pm

This is so funny, I just ate two doughnuts less than 20 minutes ago. I know they're full of calories, but I've had a doughnut thing for the last couple of weeks. I've pretty much eaten one every day. Anyways, happy doughnut eating everyone! (and try not to feel too guilty about the calories)

homeagain NWA
10/17/11 10:05 pm

Tony, were you paid by the donut people to plant that sees in my mind? I found myself wandering to the side of town with a Krispy Kreme today. Hot and fresh (and free) mmmm mmm

10/17/11 9:40 pm

Sugar and Spice in Louisville is the BEST!!! I had them on Friday. Hot KK's on Sat. Yummy! Dang good start to the weekend!!!

bbelle
10/17/11 9:30 pm

a cinnamon roll counts I suppose!

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
10/17/11 9:19 pm

@JACK: just moved to Cali from East Coast. Would give anything for a cup of DD coffee - doughnuts eh, but the coffee is liquid crack!

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
10/17/11 9:18 pm

DH3: Republicans only eat bagels, and independents only like scones......

DH3
10/17/11 9:06 pm

A donut question hasn't turned into a political debate yet? Very surprised :)

Jacks29 Chicago, IL
10/17/11 8:52 pm

I wish my town still had a Krispy Kreme , it was soooo good. I think they closed because of bad sanitation. Now I have settle for dunkin donuts :( I miss KK!!