Show Of Hands August 25th, 2011 12:00am

Apple just announced that Steve Jobs is stepping down as company CEO. Will this move bring their incredible stretch of success to an end?

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
08/28/11 4:03 pm

Watched a program on the mind of Google. My bet is they overtake Apple in 3 years max. The only thing they are currently lacking is the volume of apps currently out there for iOS.

08/27/11 2:56 pm

I thought so just a month ago, but they (Apple) have convinced me that TC will do good for the company...
Until 2021.

08/27/11 1:57 pm

Apple is everlasting.

Mike3 Michigan
08/27/11 1:13 pm

But just because he was the founder doesn't mean that his stepping down will kill the company. I actually think that Apple will be the ONLY company that will meet our technological needs/wants in the future; and much more

Mike3 Michigan
08/27/11 1:10 pm

I agree with u bulldog. I pray Steve gets better and he did Amazing things for the company. I LOVE HIS PRODUCTS!! I'm using one right now :)

bulldog
08/26/11 9:41 pm

Apple will forever be the company others try to be. Steve Jobs did amazing and historic things for this planet. I wish him well and hope he gets better.

08/26/11 6:24 pm

Apple was not one man.

valeriejo ramble on
08/26/11 10:41 am

Who knows maybe he has been putting money aside for some huge world changing project... Like maybe "iSteve" the steve jobs robot so he can live on forever! That would be awesome! All else aside I do wish him the best and hope he gets well, I'd love to see more of him in the future.

valeriejo ramble on
08/26/11 10:37 am

To idolize steve, even I do, bc he says he "thinks different" and he doesn't wear a suit but something tells me he's not too much diff than the other big business guys, maybe even worse. I don't deny that he's a genius and very creative, but in the end he's a salesmen and he sold us all.

valeriejo ramble on
08/26/11 10:35 am

Charity. In fact he ended the charity programs that were going on @ apple when he came back to the company. I do love his worth ethic, he def has charisma but if you look at donations, bill gates actually looks a lot better. He's given away at least half of his earnings, maybe more. Everyone wants..

valeriejo ramble on
08/26/11 10:32 am

I knew about the education support they've given and I do think it's great but correct me if I'm wrong it's almost always just used products he gives away, never actually a sum of money. Who knows maybe he does give away anonymously, but as far as I can find he has never given any sum of money to ..

paulw
08/26/11 8:46 am

I remember moving from C: prompts to a nice GUI, and hoping the whole world would benefit the same way. But no, Steve wanted an exclusive boutique, instead of changing the world. So he only changed his world, and because of his greed almost everyone else had to live in Bill's world. Steve's no hero.

08/26/11 7:33 am

Last comment of this question HUZZAH

USNavyVet Sonar Man STG2
08/26/11 7:04 am

I don't see any comments from Wyoming people yet?????

08/26/11 6:52 am

I can still program an Apple ][e...!!!!

Long live Apple.

Something tells me that Steve Jobs has accepted his fate, which I believe will come fairly soon. He has that look.

SATAN Alaska
08/25/11 11:15 pm

FOOLS I have always been the CEO of apple muhahahaha

veritas1 Panda
08/25/11 11:11 pm

@Esumner. Have you not heard of apples iPad donation program? People with old iPads give them to apple and they give them to needy public schools and charities.

Priceless Kentucky
08/25/11 10:36 pm

@esumner don't know what article u saw but I know Apple has given to charities. In fact they were our first supporter! FYI I work @ nonprofit helping people with disAbilities access technology :)

08/25/11 10:00 pm

I just wish him the best and hope he beats cancer. Cancer sucks.

redebbm 91709
08/25/11 5:31 pm

For those who say yes. I mean. You don't think there are thousand of other employees working on projects everyday that obviously are competent enough to make macs/iPods/iPhones/iPads? We forget about the hidden majority.

08/25/11 4:54 pm

Still going to hold the chairman seat so he'll still be in the background of the company. Just CEO he's leaving.

AdamT Boston, MA
08/25/11 1:53 pm

Tim Cook told the Apple employees that the company would not change with him in charge.

catan New Jersey
08/25/11 12:23 pm

Apple still has the brilliant designers who brought them this far and the new CEO worked with jobs through out his career

ttprod
08/25/11 11:35 am

I wish Steve the best. crazy, you can have all the money in the world, but when cancer hits, money can only do so much.

Soitgoes Missouri
08/25/11 11:32 am

Remember the big sledgehammer that was supposed to break us from the IBM spell? Maybe it is time for a new hammer!

kelseyw
08/25/11 11:32 am

he didn't do much he just overlooked apple. apple is already on a huge streak that would be hard to come to a end

08/25/11 11:14 am

@komplice communist is not a synonym for dictator

chrismisen atlanta
08/25/11 11:02 am

the reason their computers are so restricted is because they dont want their good name ruined by poor hardware developers. macs wouldnt be the same with horrible partners.

notthemomm Florida
08/25/11 10:46 am

Why would they be less strict people are buying the product regardless

08/25/11 10:21 am

Because he hasn't had social studies yet in 8th grade to teach him what a communist actually is. Komplice is more like a khild.

itsjustme South Dakota
08/25/11 10:18 am

@komplice How do you mean that Steve Jobs is a communist?

Komplice Colorado
08/25/11 9:58 am

Steve Jobs is a communist, hopefully Apple decides to open up customizable options instead of everything being so strict

vanguarde Kennesaw, GA
08/25/11 9:30 am

92! And no. Much more intelligence and work is done than just mr. Jobs. He's a huge factor, but surely there is someone extremely well—suited to replace him.

08/25/11 8:56 am

Mr. Jobs is the one who really made the big changes in the company (besides creating it), so unless he finds/found another person to replace that Job, I really think Apple's age may begin it's decline as of 2011 (or whenever he steps down).

Montana
08/25/11 8:32 am

Did you know that Steve Jobs was the founder of pixar.

08/25/11 8:23 am

I think Jobs put the right people where they need to be. With Jon Ive leading the design team, they'll be just fine. @greenbean; you're right Steve Jobs IS Apple, but Apple is NOT Steve Jobs.

eradicator JC
08/25/11 7:22 am

It's sad to see the older pictures, how gaunt he is now.

Can I have more physical buttons/switches on my iPod now? It's great but doesn't work so great as a mp3 device.

08/25/11 6:44 am

This almost made me cry :'(

valeriejo ramble on
08/25/11 6:40 am

I hope that changes with steve leaving his position a's CEO.

valeriejo ramble on
08/25/11 6:40 am

...ever! Which is greedy. With them being america's most valuable company, it really looks bad that they support no causes and help no charities. I'm not saying they should give 1/2 there earnings to africa or something, but at least give a little to an american cause or something.

valeriejo ramble on
08/25/11 6:34 am

@vanguard: being "pleased" that someone is dying is not confidence, it's maliciousness.
As for apple the only thing that bothers me about Jobs stepping down is that after I read about it I also saw another article showing that apple doesn't, hasn't and prob won't give one penny away to charity...

mikeym
08/25/11 5:52 am

Successful troll is successful.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
08/25/11 5:51 am

As Walt Disney continued without its founder, as America continued without its founders, as most well established car and aircraft manufacturers continued without their founder(s) so I hope Apple will continue when Mr. Jobs is no longer with us.

FIAT LUX!

Pharmer Texas
08/25/11 5:05 am

Im sure Apple will be just fine; I can't stand Microsoft products. Shhh! Don't tell my XBox that though. Lol. I wish Steve Jobs the best. :0). Apple Power!!!!!! Lol.

yseylanov New York
08/25/11 4:27 am

big companies don't just disappear overnight, if only out of inertia. Apple will continue to be a success without him, but almost certainly less so than with him.