Show Of Hands July 29th, 2012 12:00am

Are there some things you are better off not knowing, or is all knowledge good?

frenzofhamas
08/07/12 3:23 am

We would be better off knowing how much taxes Romney paid in the last 5 years

08/06/12 10:01 pm

Depends on what's being told.

nice_atheist Connecticut
08/04/12 5:05 pm

Knowledge isn't dangerous, it's how you use it.

ishady 86451132020
08/04/12 1:30 am

Here's blissful ignorance for you; putting the same ppl who created this fiscal mess back in charge of the country.

ishady 86451132020
08/04/12 1:10 am

Religion is all about ignorance. Ignoring facts and science with your head in one book all your life leaves you blissful ignorance.

tabbser
08/02/12 10:43 pm

I wish I could be content with 'ignorance is bliss' and I know many people who are that way, and they are indeed blissful. Me ? nah, I'll take the raw truth please. I want to know.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
08/01/12 8:34 am

Haustyle- why did you just bring religion into it? I was talking about your foul language. Apparently, you have nothing to explain your lack of language skills so you attack my religion once again. Your lack of knowledge about a lot of things is so scintillating everyone can see it clearly.

HAUSTYLE California
08/01/12 3:43 am

knowledge is power. but id rather be weak all my life with this blissful ignorance coursing through my gains, while corparations and government do all the thinking for me. America you make me sick...

HAUSTYLE California
08/01/12 3:41 am

spangled, your seeing it wrong, you would know why certain things bad things happen and be able to intervien appropriately. don't focus on the knowledge of things in effect. who wouldn't want to know how to fix this messed up world?! oh right, some of you. pathetic.

Roche
07/31/12 9:14 am

wow an this is why America is dominated by the rich, because the majority of people would rather live in ignorance than stand and face the truth. we would live in a much better world if people would pay attention I what's happening around them

Brrrrrrrrr
07/31/12 12:07 am

There's a term for people that like to know every single detail about every single thing: gossip queen.

Usually they came in the form of a vain 1950s housewife.

Brrrrrrrrr
07/31/12 12:05 am

Stop trying to feign outrage all you dramaqueens. 'oh.... I'm so shocked/disgusted/outraged by the fact that there are people that aren't interested in every single detail about every single thing. Where's my fainting couch?'

HAUSTYLE California
07/30/12 11:04 pm

I just cant believe people would rather be ignorant than knowledgeable. its makes me sick. that's what is wrong with this country. WAKE UP. and jms if I remember correctly, your a Morman. you would think you would want to know if you faith is true, or just a story someone wrote long ago.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/30/12 10:02 pm

haustlye- first rule of this board- NO PROFANITY!!!! You don't need to know everything to know exactly what that means. If you can't express yourself without using foul language, you need to have more knowledge of language. Currently, your level is crass, rude, intolerant and utterly unacceptable.

veryfancy Houston
07/30/12 5:50 pm

@DrReid don't be a douchebag and try to pick fights

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
07/30/12 3:50 pm

Ignorance is bliss. A lot of fast food workers don't wash their hands after using the restroom. I wanna know. Do I care? No, not really..

DrReid Ever present.
07/30/12 1:59 pm

Conservatives certainly do a good job of remaining ignorant.

Adam89
07/30/12 1:09 pm

Thinks in their head that someone of the opposite sex is attractive. And so forth for them with you. I think not. Unless you're the terminator you can't make judgements about EVERYTHING with all the facts and keep you're cool.

Adam89
07/30/12 1:05 pm

I love to learn but I would rather stay happy. To know absolutely everything would be terrible. Think you can go through life without hearing or telling a white lie? How would any relationship survive? Do you really want to pretty much get an email every time you're significant other smiles or

KommsWife Indiana
07/30/12 10:09 am

You ignorant is bliss people can rest assured, the American people are not very well informed on any thing, except of course the crap on tv like the cardashians and dancing with the stars type junk

spangled
07/30/12 9:59 am

Believing you need to know everything is arrogant and suggests you lack discernment. I don't need to know about fetishes, or details of how a sadist killed a child, or what Paris Hilton's labia look like. I do love knowledge and pursue it daily. But no, I don't need to know everything.

07/30/12 8:42 am

I think I would always rather have information and knowledge, to make better decisions, than not. Who wouldn't? Who are you people? What is something that you really don't want to know? Even "irrelevant" stuff is better to know than not know... Cause you never know when you need to know.

anarchy GET OFF MY LAWN
07/30/12 8:06 am

Wow. Surprise. A question turned into a "Let's bash the Christians" fest...you atheists are a sad, angry bunch. I thank God every day I'm not like you.

HAUSTYLE California
07/30/12 7:18 am

WAKE THE F U C K UP PEOPLE!! CMON REALLY? YOU DUMB IGNORANT BASTARDS!!! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS, THEN KNOCK THIS SMILE OFF MY FACE!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! WAKE THE F U C K UP!!!!!!

HAUSTYLE California
07/30/12 6:43 am

chipmonk, its because most people who claim to believe in God are liars. they believe in something imaginary. and most are hypocrites on some level. its sad but true. none will ever end up where they are "hoping" to go. puss is real life. "belief" in a God is playtime. simple and plain.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/30/12 2:32 am

Chipmonk, your acquaintance is probably working harder to seem devout than to be devout. It's a problem everyone in the church struggles with. We as humans tend to hide our sins, rather than deal with them and get help. The truly devout's lives usually appear messy because they don't hide their sin.

rockstar1980
07/30/12 2:07 am

I don't want to know how or when I'm going to die...

07/30/12 1:01 am

People say every religion can't be telling all truths, so I want to know which ones are wrong, which ones are just figments of some bodies imaginations. I'd also like to know why the most seemingly devout Christian I know is lying to his wife about his affair with another woman.

trav Instagram, travisdover
07/30/12 12:32 am

Omnipotence is an ideal. Whether or not we want it, it would make us better people for understanding more.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
07/30/12 12:18 am

There are some things I'd like to remain ignorant about - like my parents' sex life. I don't care how old you are, that is info NO ONE wants.

3rdParty
07/30/12 12:01 am

55% are the problem because they prefer to remain ignorant and then cast a vote.

HAUSTYLE California
07/29/12 11:51 pm

if ingnorance is bliss, then knock this smile off my face!!!!! yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank Zack de la Rocha for these words.

ohai
07/29/12 11:39 pm

Wait, where are all the 9/11 was a lie people?

emsies Seattle
07/29/12 11:10 pm

Ignorance is one of the main issues in the world.
Ignorance, greed, selfishness, hate, dishonesty, bigotry.
There are probably more that I'm not thinking of.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/29/12 11:05 pm

Hazap, Republicans are just better at logically sifting out the details of the question. Do you really feel you need to know the detailed specifics of how you came to be?

neurokeen
07/29/12 10:33 pm

Knowledge is not beneficial in every instance. In certain aspects of competitive behavior in rudimentary game theory, even, there are situations in which one is better off not knowing the opponent's course of action. In the intricate complexities of real life social behavior, ignorance can be good.

pretorian Florida
07/29/12 9:59 pm

Wanna know the ending of the latest novel you read right away ;)

Rio76 Wild West
07/29/12 9:58 pm

Some of the things I don't want to know: what was really in that hot dog at the ball park, how big that spider was that bit me at our camp out, what people may say behind my back...some things your better off not knowing!

07/29/12 9:46 pm

The "ignorance is bliss" mindset really needs to go away. I'm disgusted with the results of this poll.

elbow82 Veganland
07/29/12 9:27 pm

Those of you who voted for tell me more should watch From Farm to Fridge.

pretorian Florida
07/29/12 9:16 pm

This poll doesn't mean you should stay dumb but I still hold that not knowing an impending doom is bliss IF and only if there is nothing you can do about it.
If you knew you'll die at age 50 from cancer, would you still enjoy life?

madeit Houston Area
07/29/12 9:07 pm

Ignorance is never a good thing. Knowledge of any kind is empowering. If we are not careful, ignorance will be our ultimate downfall.

Nerdz Texas
07/29/12 7:53 pm

I'm fine not knowing certain stuff

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/29/12 7:47 pm

For some things, give me all the information available so I can make my own, educated decisions. For other things like how often do the neighbors get it on, I REALLY don't need that information!!! So my answer really depends on the exact topic. I love learning!! I want to know about so many things!

tdyakker lost
07/29/12 7:46 pm

Every human being is ignorant about something and rightfully so. It is not always our place to know.

14573 Scary Numbers
07/29/12 7:38 pm

People, it's saying essentially if there was some terrible secret that would horrify you, would you want to know it?