Show Of Hands October 16th, 2012 12:00am

Would you approve of a vote to legalize all casino gambling in your state?

kimonogirl
10/24/12 9:26 pm

Indian casinos are enough. Gambling belongs in Vegas!

Gelica Nevada
10/21/12 12:59 pm

That awkward moment when you're from Nevada...

StakaLee
10/21/12 11:27 am

Illegal gambling is a consensual crime. If someone has a gambling problem, we are only compounding it when we add an element of criminality.

Cassidy Nevada
10/20/12 8:19 am

At first I didn't know what to put because it's already legal. It should definitely stay legal too.

Pjshepherd Utah
10/18/12 11:33 pm

I don't understand how people think it is a disease. Are you under the impression that casinos secretly inject you with a virus that makes you gamble? Its something that can turn into an addiction for people who lack control with themselves.

10/18/12 11:27 pm

Why not? Let people build their casinos/ business with casinos or gambling if they want and let people spend their money that way if they want.

commonsense America isnt racist
10/18/12 2:02 pm

Cancer is a disease. Gambling/alcohol addiction is an addiction. NOT a disease.

BadWolf The Library
10/18/12 1:57 pm

Gambling isn't a disease. Gambling addiction is a disease.

satiricalnick meh
10/18/12 1:01 pm

But they already have casinos bro, so its already helping them. I live within 20 miles of the tulalip casino. That place rivals some of the vegas casinos!

leosummer Indiana
10/18/12 10:53 am

This is a disease as is substance abuse. Gambling is a disease.

DeathSheep Michigan
10/18/12 10:28 am

Why not? I mean, we already have Indian casinos here, why not just have others

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/18/12 8:19 am

It has here in Oregon. The people that wanted to come are foreigners that wanted to open up their own private casino apparently they've decided not to run anymore ads. We don't want Foreigners making huge Gambling profits. The Native owned ones are just fine

cowboy Dawns Highway
10/18/12 6:00 am

Why not? Its their money right? Let people piss it away if they want to.

omniku dot com
10/18/12 5:06 am

It's already legal here... We call it the New York Stock Exchange.

emsies Seattle
10/17/12 11:31 pm

I think it would really help tribes like the Tulalip and Muckleshoot, so yes. I know that at least in the Makah tribe, there's 70% unemployment during the winter, and I'm sure the figure can't be too different for the other Coast Salish nations. Legalizing gambling would open up a lot of jobs.

Happy Hong Kong
10/17/12 11:24 pm

Why not alcohol? If people want something, but their government forbids or over taxes it then a black market is created. This black market attracts criminals due to the outsize profits to be made from providing something that is prohibited.

hazel Tennessee
10/17/12 7:51 pm

we can't even play bingo here! so....YES!

prettylazy
10/17/12 7:19 am

People should have the right to spend their money however they want, even if it harms them. Adults shouldn't be treated like kids, told what they can and can't do.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/16/12 11:29 pm

In Oregon a foreign company wants to open a casino. Keep your greedy paws in your own country, bleed it. Keep out if mine. The native owned are enough.

flyberg Northern Kentucky
10/16/12 8:48 pm

I find it hilarious that gambling is too immoral to allow in my state, but advertisements luring people over state lines to gamble are a-okay. Just make casinos legal already.

dancemom
10/16/12 7:32 pm

Ohio had the vote...failed a time or 2...barely passed with "hope" of jobs, economic come back. Now all you have is a bunch of degenerates wasting the little money they have on a pipe dream! Cleveland is more economically depressed than it was before!

10/16/12 6:39 pm

I don't see any reason not too

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/16/12 6:30 pm

I've always felt it's just goofy to restrict casinos to reservations. These valuable private businesses should not be interfered with any more than any other business.

PuppyLvr In love with Listgarten
10/16/12 5:43 pm

I agree gambling is bad. However, the government isn't here to protect us from ourselves.

Gunfighter
10/16/12 5:28 pm

Yeah, I love 'Hold Em. Would love to play it in a casino

bstokosa Connecticut
10/16/12 5:14 pm

Already legal here in CT-Indian casinos

bman4jets
10/16/12 5:12 pm

Most of it is already legal if not all (I'm not sure) ik the sands and Mohegan sun recently added table games

dabrat East Coast
10/16/12 5:03 pm

Absolutely not, it amazes me that people think this is a viable solution to financial problems.

bigfish Missouri
10/16/12 4:25 pm

This is America, people should be able to spend their money however they want.

canecorso Las Vegas Nv
10/16/12 4:17 pm

I take it you've never been to Vegas. The only 24 hour activity is the area of the casinos and even late at night the activity level drops significantly. The property values around the casinos have increased (not decreased) and businesses around them flourish. So I don't know where u get your facts

jimiscott Survivor
10/16/12 4:05 pm

So that would mean banning mega malls, 24 hour stores, race tracks and anything else that causes traffic or noise. I get the feeling you would be for all stores closing on Sunday also.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/16/12 3:59 pm

The grange is foreign owned we have plenty of good casinos now.

jimiscott Survivor
10/16/12 3:55 pm

Here in Oklahoma we haven't seen any major spike in crime. I like to go play every now and then myself. I don't need anyone telling me I can't. I will say that I have seen people gambling that shouldn't be. Blaming the dealers for taking their rent money. It takes common sense.

pjatx Austin, TX
10/16/12 3:54 pm

Repubs are such moralists. "small government" except for marriage, gambling, drugs, etc. It's post tax income - why the hell do u care how people spend it. U can't be for the above regulations, have a military $ > the next 15 countries combined (and still wanna spend more) and be for small gov't.

Steve6453 Michigan
10/16/12 3:54 pm

together. gangs start fighting each other over it then people die. if it's legal you can walk over to wal-mart, buy it, and be done. people will get it either way and how it's done now has much more room for error. this prohibition law does much more harm than good without a doubt!

mrjk47
10/16/12 3:52 pm

Can any other South Carolinians explain to me why our gaming/video poker was outlawed back in the 90's? I remember us losing a good tax revenue stream and many jobs when it was made illegal.

Steve6453 Michigan
10/16/12 3:51 pm

police necessary? the law itself! the fact that people need to be in the dark about using a natural plant causes people to need to be shady. Now it can be harmful because you don't know what the sellee could have done to it. then you have weed become a factor in gangs which is another thing all...

jimiscott Survivor
10/16/12 3:50 pm

Why not use alcohol as an example? Banning it didn't work. The same with gambling. You can't believe that people will not gamble just because it is illegal. There are backstreet gambling houses in areas that have casinos much less those that don't.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
10/16/12 3:49 pm

Foreign investors here NO WAY. They keep on lying pushing the Grange. Bit for my vote

Steve6453 Michigan
10/16/12 3:47 pm

@commonsense MARAJUANA! this plant is harmless but because it's illegal, innocent and non-violent citizens are thrown behind bars. we spend tons of money trying to keep it out of the country and waste police officer's time looking for it. and wanna know what IS making people violent and makes...

commonsense America isnt racist
10/16/12 3:35 pm

Can you give some example of prohibition being negative. (No, not alcohol)

10/16/12 3:33 pm

Why not legalize it, tax the hell out of it and make all of the money.

10/16/12 3:19 pm

Big issue in KY. The way they won't to do it will greatly help the thoroughbred industry which is in jeopardy due to the great breeding incentives in other states. I mean we will always be the horse capital of the world but we could loose many jobs.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
10/16/12 2:53 pm

I think that gambling is a pretty dumb idea, but if others want to do it I say let them. It's their money that they are throwing away.

Happy Hong Kong
10/16/12 2:44 pm

@Commonsense: Gambling is legal in many other countries, they seem to deal with it OK. Prohibition is often a bigger cause of increased crime than the prohibited activity.