kscott516 August 19th, 2015 6:11pm

Hypothetical: you're a small business owner and find out a min wage employee is stealing money from the business to "make ends meet". Do you promote them/pay them more or fire them?

tdaddy Kentucky
08/31/15 4:43 pm

Fired, and that's generous. In some countries they'd have their hands chopped off for stealing.

biker4life Arizona
08/20/15 2:07 pm

Fired! If you want/need a raise, be adult enough to come talk to me. If you steal from me, I don't care what the excuse is, you're fired.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
08/20/15 1:40 pm

Thus is a goofy hypothetical, and what does being a small business owner have to do with it?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/20/15 1:26 pm

I could have tried to help you if you confided in me. But you stole from me. I don't care if you were my best employee. You violated my trust. You're fired

steelcity Pittsburgh
08/20/15 10:19 am

If they were a stellar employee, I would consider talking to them and see if they would confess to it first. Then I might consider a raise in exchange for a commitment to no longer steal.

steelcity Pittsburgh
08/20/15 10:20 am

If they are a mediocre or poor employee they are gone.

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
08/19/15 11:47 am

Stealing is a character issue, not an issue caused by a lack. There's plenty of resources to help people in need and none of them involve theft.

smacc DunningKruger
08/19/15 2:05 pm

That is just not true. People do steal out of need. That is a fact. It however is not the only reason. Greed is another common reason. That is a character flaw.

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
08/19/15 3:23 pm

Well sure needs cause thieves to act, but one must be a thief in order to commit thievery. The person could otherwise ask for what they need from churches and charitable organizations in an emergency situation. They could also alter their lifestyle

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
08/19/15 3:24 pm

For long term relief from not having enough. Thievery isn't the only option for getting through tough times which is why only thieves choose that route. Thankfully, thieves can change and be thieves no longer, but honorable and decent human beings.

iPolitix Political Party Animal
08/19/15 11:20 am

Stealing is a character defect. Even if they made more they would continue to steal.
😲
YOU'RE FIRED!
(And I just called the cops 😢)

alkie New York
08/19/15 11:19 am

YOU'RE FIRED ✌🏻️

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/19/15 11:17 am

We're going to have a sit-down & discuss why he/she didn't come to me. If I believe them & they promise to end the practice, then I would help them out if I can. If not from the business, then from my pocket. If it is a long term issue & I can't

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/19/15 11:18 am

afford to raise the salary, then I would try to help them find ways to increase the income legally.

alkie New York
08/19/15 12:07 pm

Thou shalt not steal

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
08/19/15 12:50 pm

I agree but Blessed are the merciful.