Show Of Hands January 23rd, 2013 12:00am

Have you ever been a cigarette smoker? (more than just trying it once or twice)

iloveuall
01/27/13 3:28 pm

Has anyone just tried it once or twice?

BebesMort
01/26/13 2:09 pm

Smoking is disgusting and makes it seem like your kissing an ashtray....

ChazDean
01/25/13 5:52 pm

Damn girl. Do you ever worry about the stank you bring when you walk in doors and that tobacco cloud follow you?

Your husband, lol, that nigga went from blowin doe doe to social smoking? That's a double hit on the lungs.

Coke
01/25/13 5:37 pm

Yea I'm a heavy smoker... Oh wait cigarettes? No way

person778 somewhere on planet earth
01/25/13 2:34 pm

If you have some weird need to be addicted to something, try something harmless like cough drops. (Yes, cough drops. After a bag a day for a week of being sick it can be hard to say good-by)

BroncosRN
01/25/13 10:41 am

Smoked for one year and quit cold turkey for my current fiancé and future wife!

erika348 Texas
01/25/13 9:38 am

This year marks my 6th year as a non smoker

Gabbababa
01/25/13 1:18 am

When I was little, I used to ask my mom why she smoked when she could blow bubbles instead and it would be beautiful.

canecorso Las Vegas Nv
01/25/13 1:10 am

The carton we brought with us. I refused to pay $9 a pack so I didn't smoke for the remaining 4 days we were there. I see people all the time bumming smokes and buying whichever is the cheapest, I don't get that. I guess I'm a cigarette snob. Stop making Kools, I'll stop smoking.

canecorso Las Vegas Nv
01/25/13 1:07 am

I have smoked Kools since I was 12. Used to sneak them out of my moms pack. I smoke about a pack a day. I am a weird smoker though, I only smoke Kools, refuse to smoke anything else, won't "bum" a cigarette from someone and won't pay Chicago prices for them. We went to Chicago and managed to lose

mellowgirl
01/25/13 1:02 am

And now my husband ( big "green" smoker but never cigs) has taken up social smoking at 37!! I can't tell him not to do it when I do, but he's doing it more and more so now I'm afraid for him to get hooked on it too.

mellowgirl
01/25/13 12:57 am

Always calmed me. Plus being a bartender, it's really the only "break" you get. I know it's time to quit, but I just don't have the need/motivation/willpower? IDK. I feel kinda bad when my son tells me everyday that he doesn't want me to die, but it's still not enough to make me want to quit.

mellowgirl
01/25/13 12:54 am

Picked up the habit when I was 16 and still smoke to this day. It shocks me sometimes to think about the fact that I have now been smoking for half my life! The only time I quit was when I was preggo with my son, but I always knew I was going to go back. I was a very mean preggo and smoking has

8455 Missouri
01/24/13 11:04 pm

I have endured Cancer, went through 2 daughters weddings( 6 ) grand children by samw daughters pregnant. 1 daughter paralyzed waist down. Wife terminal with Cancer. All during this past ten years without smoking. So there is no excuse for not stopping or staying stopped. No sympathy from me !

8455 Missouri
01/24/13 10:58 pm

I haven't smoked in 10 years 2 days and about 16 hours. I wouldn't dare smoke 1. I would be smoking!!

snuzzy
01/24/13 10:54 pm

Yes. Hubby & I quit together 4 years ago. One of the best decisions I've ever made.

chile safer than congress
01/24/13 10:25 pm

Very cool. The cravings do go away. It just takes time. Healthy Distractions help. Long walks after diner, 15 min biking in the morning, etc.

chile safer than congress
01/24/13 10:21 pm

Sorry for your loss. Keep your hope alive. You'll get beyond the smokes. Practice the coping methods that work best for you

LilWing00
01/24/13 10:05 pm

Sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do to get by... I'm sure when u recover u will be able to quit just as easily as u did before. Hang in there!

trip2
01/24/13 9:34 pm

Began picking at my finger nails and skin til they bled, and pulling my hair out. Bought some cigs and started back up. Now I feel even worse for failing at becoming a non smoker. I've sought professional help and am being counseled by dear friends. Pray for me that I can pull myself together & quit

trip2
01/24/13 9:29 pm

I quit cold turkey in the middle of July. I was amazed how easy it was and figured I'd put that nasty thing away for good. ,,. Then on Dec. 16 was devastated by the sudden unexpected death of a very dear friend. I began a horrible downward spiral mentally. Terribly depressed and wracked with anxiety

mykaylaj
01/24/13 9:21 pm

I don't smoke, I don't really want to start either.

jimmie Missouri
01/24/13 8:42 pm

ciggs are just like diping good for awhile but just make me stick in the end don't like the buzz but cigars make you look bad ass

SugarShaq
01/24/13 6:57 pm

Double yikes. My mother did that. She now has Parkinson's, emphysema, congestive heart failure. All caused by smoking. Please quit

redpantsjam
01/24/13 5:48 pm

I'm surprised that all the states are red. Proud, but surprised.

tdaddy diversity
01/24/13 5:26 pm

Yes, for 20 years, but like one former President of the United States, I never inhaled.

mklinsao
01/24/13 5:15 pm

'Good for you'? What the hell? Do you guys not realize how addictive heroin is? If you need a substance, at least choose one that won't consume you and get you mad-hooked, like weed. Or, better yet, nothing at all.

lando
01/24/13 5:06 pm

Thanks everyone!

jimiscott Survivor
01/24/13 4:51 pm

Nope! I do however enjoy a fine cigar now and again.

niteowl Hold Fast
01/24/13 4:10 pm

Susan, yes it is. I believe she was pretty sick.

elyonia679
01/24/13 4:06 pm

never have, never will.

not_even Boston, MA
01/24/13 4:06 pm

niteowl, my mom used to tell me if she caught me smoking she'd make me eat them too. kind of like making your kids drink until they throw up so they don't like it.

susanr Colorado
01/24/13 3:57 pm

NiteOwl - Eating cigarettes is a really bad idea. There's a reason nicotine is used as an insecticide. It does take 30 or so ingested cigarettes to actually kill a non-smoker adult, but even 1 can make a small child very sick. So eating 3 for a teen (?) is still a dose of poison.

susanr Colorado
01/24/13 3:47 pm

When my ex was 22 and smoked, he said "By the time I'm old enough that I get lung cancer, they'll have found a cure. He quit years ago, but he's now 68, with no cure on the horizon.

jimmyjelly BFE, PA
01/24/13 2:58 pm

I am very happy to see the map on this one.

cespedeswyatt Hollywood, CA
01/24/13 2:16 pm

So sorry for the bad news ???? We wish you both the best of luck and will meditate for your recovery and peace.

cespedeswyatt Hollywood, CA
01/24/13 2:12 pm

BRAVO! There are many of us willing to help you with this journey. Be free, be well!

cespedeswyatt Hollywood, CA
01/24/13 2:09 pm

1st cig @ 9, last cig @ 45. Quit when I hit the 3 pack/day mark (Marlboro reds)???? In fact my last drag was on Halloween night. YOU CAN DO IT! In the past I professed my love of cigs @ every chance, now it's just the opposite. YOU CAN DO IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT. THAT'S A FACT!

EarlyBird Portland
01/24/13 1:58 pm

Oh how I love the smell of a pipe. I haven't been around it in years.

tjm120 TARDIS
01/24/13 12:09 pm

I quit several times for over a month and once for a year and a half and relapsed every time. Hubby and I tried chantix two years ago and are both still on the wagon. Don't give up. I made it a competition with hubby because I can't stand to lose and neither can he lol!

tjm120 TARDIS
01/24/13 12:04 pm

Why does anyone drink? Or smoke weed? Or eat French fries? Or be bulimic? Or do heroine? Bite their nails (that's disgusting)? I started at 15 and quit 2 yrs ago and got good and chubby (another health problem). At least it's legal and you don't kill people driving afterward. Don't be such a jerk.

Liberatheist Mustafar
01/24/13 11:26 am

Never have, never will.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
01/24/13 11:26 am

Good for you. Now my followup question would be what do you plan to do with all that money that you are going to save? If you go through a pack per day or more you just practically won the lottery!!

geoag02 Dallas, TX
01/24/13 11:20 am

Never tried it. Between them being expensive and all the health problems that they cause I don't see much of a point.