VirtualCongress August 18th, 2015 3:46pm

Sec. of Defense ndull54 proposes Weekly Address Act

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
08/18/15 6:23 pm

What's the point in having speaker elections of they have so many rules to the point that they would all have to do the exact same shit

ndull Minnesota
08/18/15 7:00 pm

It's just a feature that would make the VC more easy to understand for some and a summary could be nice to some who like to look at that stuff. It's okay that you're against it, but what else is mandatory of the Speaker that you dislike?

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
08/18/15 8:13 pm

I just like the idea of them each being able to bring their own style. I may be overreacting but I don't see how this needs to be a bill, maybe just a request or a petition of sorts.

ndull Minnesota
08/18/15 8:14 pm

I mean that's what this is practically. I mean if people don't want to see the feature added, just vote nay. That's what's great about democracy

trepidhickory Ayy Lmao
08/18/15 8:16 pm

The thing is it will become law, ALL future speakers will HAVE to do this.

ndull Minnesota
08/18/15 8:18 pm

Well it doesn't look good right now that it'll pass, but I just think it's a good idea to keep everyone in the VC involved and everyone knows what's going on, especially if they have been absent for a little bit

skinner Wisconsin
08/18/15 3:50 pm

I believe this is a good practice. I'm not sure it's appropriate to enact it through legislation, but regardless of the fate of this bill I hope Speaker Collins will begin this routine.

davidhalls3 New York
08/18/15 12:21 pm

Stop making so many rules on what the speaker has to do. Let he/she do what they want, if we don't like what they do, we'll vote them out.

firefly5 the verse
08/18/15 11:15 am

I'd prefer biweekly as the minimum requirement. Sometimes life gets busy.

firefly5 the verse
08/18/15 11:18 am

And then i saw the rest. Yes, I like it. I do think some sort of repercussion for failure to do this should be spelled out.

CollinN
08/18/15 8:49 am

Completely for this idea. I have been planning on doing this actually.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
08/18/15 8:46 am

Section 1: The Speaker and/or Vice Speaker shall create a "Weekly Address" feature that includes a summary of all legislation that was brought to the floor of the Virtual Congress. Any nominations that happen during the duration of the week must also

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
08/18/15 8:47 am

Section 2: The Speaker and/or Vice Speaker can make the Weekly Address each week, that would include the events of the week, biweekly, that would include the events of the past two weeks. Or monthly, that would include all events that occurred during

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
08/18/15 8:47 am

all events that occurred during the past month.

VirtualCongress Speaker NDAmerican
08/18/15 8:48 am

Section 3: In the event of the passage of this bill, sections 1, 2, and 3 shall go into effect October 1, 2015.