ChUcky16 August 9th, 2015 3:53pm

Do you favor teachers having the option to carry a concealed weapon in school given that they are properly trained and licensed according to state law for concealed weapons?

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/09/15 6:21 pm

I could go either way, depending on the circumstances. I think it's best to let the individual schools decide what's best. If they opt for concealed weapons, they should probably train together and have procedures in place for emergencies.

SouthernLaw Old North State
08/09/15 2:58 pm

As a student I wouldn't like my teachers having guns on them. There are some crazy teachers out there, but even more crazy kids that could easily take the gun from the teacher. Give the guns to people who work at the front desk instead, or hire a

SouthernLaw Old North State
08/09/15 2:59 pm

police officer to be on campus like my school has done.

jlong105 Indiana
08/09/15 5:44 pm

The proper training would reduce the chance of crazy teacher being allowed to carry. Training would also help them keep the guns out of students' hands.

dlinz001
08/09/15 5:58 pm

Proper training is a check in the box def does not prepare you for getting shot at or shooting back. Plus with a pistol it takes hours to be able to hit your tgt accurately from a distance of 10-15 yds or more every time.

jlong105 Indiana
08/10/15 2:59 am

Classrooms are only about 10 yds long.
Proper training does not have to be a check the box thing.
Yes, weapon skill must be maintained by practice.
Short of being shot at there is no way to prepare. At least if you have a weapon, you have the tool

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
08/09/15 2:55 pm

Sounds like a slippery slope to me. Cops are properly trained an licensed, but look at how many people they've shot.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
08/09/15 2:23 pm

No. So many opportunities for shit to go south.

allswel Minnesota
08/09/15 2:18 pm

The Navy is trying to work out arming some of the soldiers who work at recruiting locations. Before they do that , they want those soldiers, who have already been trained with guns, to do more training. To me that makes sense.

allswel Minnesota
08/09/15 2:18 pm

So let's get a bunch of untrained people to bring guns into a school. What could go wrong?

Christian1459 Cookin Trouble
08/09/15 1:51 pm

The only negative I could see (well two), is if a kid goes to get your attention by tugging on your shirt, the gun is revealed. Two, dealing with kids can be frustrating; that being said, is possible that a teacher could just snap.