Show of HandsShow of Hands

million August 6th, 2015 3:34am

I have a really hard time eating healthy and usually eat what ever when ever cause it is fun. Starting to try to be better though. Have you ever tried eating only a certain number of calories a day?

3 Liked

Comments: Add Comment

haku Las Vegas
08/06/15 9:49 am

Forget calories. Eat no less than 80% dark green veggie and fruits and the other 20% unprocessed whatever. You'll loss weight, feel and look amazing, and you didn't have to suffer. Even better do the doc Fat Sick And Nearly Dead.

Reply
steelcity Pittsburgh
08/06/15 7:05 am

I don't think it's the calories that dictates a healthy or unhealthy diet, but rather the quality of the calories. Are you eating fast processed meals which are high in fat salt and sugar or are you eating fresh mostly vegetable based meals.

Reply
HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
08/06/15 6:36 am

It takes Planning
You really can't be spontaneous, especially at the beginning

floridalax
08/06/15 6:18 am

Not a certain amount of calories, but trying to eat healthier food.

Reply
rons screw politicians
08/06/15 6:15 am

My best effort was to eat what I like but less. If I make a cheese sammie I now cut back on one slice of cheese. Don't miss it.

jlong105 Indiana
08/06/15 6:11 am

Takes a lot of dedication.

Reply
afnj1 The TARDIS
08/06/15 5:51 am

I've been doing that for a long time, but for the opposite reason I guess. I need to gain rather than lose.

Reply
greeengoddess Minnesota
08/06/15 5:37 am

Calorie counting doesn't make any sense. Think about it. 1,000 calories of kale is a lot different than 1,000 calories of fries. It's better to think instead of how nutritionally dense the food you consume is, and try to eat the more nutritious food.

Reply
DankZane Visus Per Mentem
08/06/15 7:54 am

Calorie counting makes perfect sense. Obviously 1000 calories of kale is different from 1000 calories of fries, but eating 4000 calories of kale per day will still make you obese and that's terrible for your health. Eating food with the proper

DankZane Visus Per Mentem
08/06/15 7:54 am

nutrients is very important, but when it comes to your weight it all boils down to the number of calories you eat.

greeengoddess Minnesota
08/06/15 10:13 am

I completely disagree, and I've never seen any evidence supporting what you're saying, but whatever.

DankZane Visus Per Mentem
08/06/15 10:19 am

Every heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

greeengoddess Minnesota
08/06/15 11:02 am

Yes, I understand the science behind calories, but as far as health and nutrition goes, calories are not what's important.

DankZane Visus Per Mentem
08/06/15 11:10 am

That's not true. Weight is an important determining factor in health. Weighing too much or not enough has a negative impact on health. How much someone weighs is a result of how many calories they consume.

greeengoddess Minnesota
08/07/15 7:01 am

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I know I've done my research, and it sounds like you've done yours too.