rebelfury76 August 6th, 2015 12:49am

Do you say "we" when referring to groups you aren't a part of? The most common example would be when referring to the local group of millionaire sports players when reflecting on their current performance.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/09/15 9:41 am

You mean when some is discussing their favorite team and they say "we just can't seem to..) ? That drives me nuts. You're not part of the team.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
08/05/15 7:03 pm

When Pittsburgh sports have received upwards of 1.5k I'm going to consider them we.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
08/05/15 6:12 pm

Yes, yes I do. When there is that much emotional, financial And time investment I'm going to say my team and we lost. A true fan would. Those who only watch for some entertainment, they wouldn't be able to say it.

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/05/15 5:54 pm

I don't think so. I'll say "we" in reference to society generally sometimes, but I consider myself a member of society. I'd never say "we" in reference to a sports team because I've no desire to be associated with that nonsense.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/05/15 6:13 pm

So you include people in Maine, Hawaii, or Alaska in "we?"

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/05/15 7:21 pm

Not clear on what you're asking. If I'm talking about the US generally, I certainly include the different states in that.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/05/15 8:41 pm

Why? You're closer in proximity, exposure, and culturally to Mexicans than new englanders. Why do imaginary lines in the sand matter?

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/05/15 8:58 pm

Are you asking me why the country has the borders that it does? I mean, that's a question with a long and complicated answer.

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/05/15 8:59 pm

And I don't know that I buy your contention anyway. My husband is from New England, and we're pretty similar culturally.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/06/15 4:21 am

I'm saying you have more in common with someone living in tijuana than in Maine whom you'll never meet.

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/06/15 6:10 am

Funny you mention Maine. My husband grew up there and my mother-in-law still lives there. She and I are pretty much peas in a pod.

But please, do go on and continue telling me you know who I am. This is getting entertaining.

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
08/05/15 5:51 pm

It mildly annoys me when people say "we" when referring to their favorite sports team. Sorry, but you had no hand in that winning field goal.

bethanyq Ess Eff
08/05/15 5:55 pm

Seriously. Everyone knows it was Jesus who won the game, because he hates the other team.

Emily33 North Carolina
08/05/15 5:59 pm

Hey, if I didn't yell at my TV then they wouldn't have made the play :)

RVA Uptown, Fan District, RVA
08/05/15 6:04 pm

You're both right. Jesus hates the other team and your yelling matters. :)

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
08/05/15 7:04 pm

If you didn't yell at your tv maybe Ovi would have a Cup :P

ImageAccess
08/05/15 9:15 pm

This line of communication between everybody, reminds me of those stupid beer commercials. They were funny as hell though.