StilettoMiss August 5th, 2015 4:00pm

The San Francisco housing market is insane. The included article shows the 3 most unusual home sales as of late -- of these 3, which do you think is the most ridiculous, based on however you define it?

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
08/05/15 6:14 pm

No thank you. I'll keep my 4/2.5 2450 sq ft house I got for 293k (appraisal price - under what we originally agreed to). My mortgage is less than a studio rental in SF.

shygal47 Florida east coast
08/05/15 6:00 pm

While I have fallen in love with SF every time I've visited ... this article gives one the impression (deserved or not) that San Franciscans have more money than common sense. At those prices I couldn't afford the Welcome mat, let alone the house.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
08/05/15 1:57 pm

You could definitely pay me to live there!

catpillow Florida West Coast
08/05/15 12:54 pm

I remember all these crazy real estate stories in the news from back in the late 80’s when I lived there. We rented. I'm so happy for you that you found a house .. In that market its practically a miracle!

Maj Worth Economist
08/05/15 12:23 pm

That's nuts. At least the first one you can move into without having to shell out more. The second is like 😱 .

susanr Colorado
08/05/15 10:45 am

No. 3 seems the craziest overbid. No. 2 seems the least worthy of being valued that high, since it's... a total dumb.

Yeah, it's so crazy I couldn't begin to afford to live there now even if I did the same thing we did in the 60s, & band together

susanr Colorado
08/05/15 10:47 am

with a whole bunch of others. I'm just glad my friends who have managed to stay there were all able to buy their houses at a more reasonable cost, some years ago.

I don't think looking at 3 ridiculously priced places necessarily tells you all you

susanr Colorado
08/05/15 10:48 am

need to know about a housing market (there are some insane asking prices for some places in my area of Colorado, and prices are high in generally, but they're not *totally* nuts or out of reach for normal people), but it really does say a lot.

susanr Colorado
08/05/15 10:51 am

Geez, somebody really should help SF Gate with their mobile web site. That was unusable on my iPhone & painful to useless on my iPad. Even the regular version on my iMac was a bit funky.