Celadonne August 3rd, 2015 5:13pm

Parents, how do you handle the heartache of your babies becoming not so little anymore? I don't think I can take it...

Iamamerican California
08/03/15 10:04 pm

I cried at graduations....kindergarten, elementary school, junior hi, high school. I finally stopped at college graduation! 😊

musiman28 Cotton country
08/03/15 9:50 pm

Don't know. I'm handling it, but can't tell you how. Each of us is different. But I still can't believe my baby girl is gonna be 16 in two weeks!

KatG Liberal in Ohio
08/03/15 8:31 pm

Wait till they grow up and have their own babies. So many feels.

Celadonne ballfield
08/04/15 12:50 am

Hee, that'll be fun. It's what's getting me through for now. :-) Thank you for sharing this!

susanr Colorado
08/03/15 2:08 pm

I just enjoyed her as a *person* at every stage. I wouldn't want her to have remained a baby forever just because she was cute as a baby.

Maj Worth Economist
08/03/15 3:01 pm

This. So far, every stage has been the best part. No, I don't have a baby anymore. I have a six year old boy who wants to grow his hair long like Thor, likes to play Minecraft, and drops casual lingual bombs like aesthetic and mediocre. 😍

Celadonne ballfield
08/04/15 12:55 am

"aesthetic"! Dreamy! I say the same, every age has been my favorite. I'm sometimes afraid I'll stop liking parenthood, but more amazement always follows :-)

Maj Worth Economist
08/04/15 1:02 am

Get this... The question was, "Mom, why do substations have such terrible aesthetics?"

I am constantly afraid that I'm gonna hit the point where it stops being awesome. But so far it hasn't. 🍻 Here's hoping it never will. 😊

Celadonne ballfield
08/04/15 1:07 am

Omg, that is great!! :-)

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
08/03/15 2:04 pm

I just do.. I know they are happy and healthy, so that makes it a little easier.. The hardest part is my grandchildren, they lived near me all their lives, now they moved 900 miles away.. It's been rough....

ronderman North Carolina
08/03/15 1:28 pm

Every stage has it's own challenges and excitement. You will look back with fondness, but don't miss today.

Celadonne ballfield
08/04/15 12:59 am

Unfortunately it's not an option, but thank you! When the situation is right I hope to foster. Pets too. Lots of love to give, don't wanna waste it! :-)

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
08/03/15 11:50 am

I can't help. My five year old is about to start school this year and I'm avoiding the subject because I can't handle it.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
08/05/15 9:00 am

Just found out I have 6 days until registration and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack 😳

firefly5 the verse
08/03/15 11:26 am

My oldest is turning six in a couple weeks. Yes, they grow up, but that's part of the beauty of it. Don't hang in the past. As the great sage put it:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, You could miss it.

ronderman North Carolina
08/03/15 1:30 pm

I actually had to look that up. I'm so embarrassed.

nnifer Alpha Quadrant
08/03/15 11:07 am

My baby will be 19 next month. It doesn't get easier, you just learn to enjoy the time you have with them. 😔

I still have my 8 year old daughter too

TierasPet
08/03/15 10:58 am

My son is 22 now and I can now look back and say, he is a good young man and I always knew he'd have his own life one day. That said, I'd give anything to hold that newborn just once more.

inge MIA
08/03/15 10:30 am

Ugh, I wish I knew. I just stared crying yesterday when I realized my baby starts kindergarten next week.

Celadonne ballfield
08/03/15 10:38 am

really? mine tooooo. wahhhhhhhhh D-': during today's workout i watched a music video where the kid grows up and i think i flooded the basement

twss trump is a garbage human
08/03/15 9:10 pm

My oldest starts K in two weeks. I don't know why, but it's not affecting me nearly as much as the thought of his little brother turning 4.

inge MIA
08/03/15 10:27 pm

Maybe because he's the youngest? My poor only child gets all of my momness but I'd imagine the youngest growing up would be harder to deal with.

cpaswr just say the letters
08/03/15 10:16 am

My son is going to be 3 soon. I enjoy watching him grow up. The last 3 months have been particularly amazing.

phen nebraska
08/03/15 10:15 am

Pictures and new accomplishments. Our baby turns 1 Wednesday and looking at all the nb pictures sucks, but she is doing so much learning and cool stuff now