suppressedID August 2nd, 2015 7:59pm

A person stalks animals, kills and guts them, and puts their remains on display to the world for the purpose of demonstrating his dominance over Nature. They revel in the accolades and spend exorbitant amounts of $ to continue. This person is a...

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/02/15 10:35 pm

This has been going on for some time and is not new at all.

Where was your outrage last month? Oh, right, it was probably about a flag that's been around for decades.

What will CNN make you upset about next week?

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/03/15 6:05 am

As you well know, I've always been against this (and have posted similar polls in the past).

Unlike you, however, I can't maintain a high level of blind rage about everything. The histrionics are exhausting.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/03/15 6:06 am

And for the record, I can't remember the last time I watched anything on CNN or MSNBC or Fox.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/03/15 7:31 am

In fairness, you did block me for a long time.

Search my polls for "rhino" and "hunt".

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/03/15 12:49 pm

I don't think I've ever put you on ignore it takes some real douche cockery to get there. Maybe unfollowed.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/03/15 1:17 pm

Maybe. Still I'm enjoying out banter and LIKED several of your comments this weekend.

On this, though, I'm a long time opponent of vanity hunting (speaking of douche cockery). It's wanton and wasteful and pathetic. Hunt. Kill. Eat.

rebelfury76 No Justice, No Peace
08/04/15 3:36 am

His office is about 20 minutes from my house. People have really done a number on it.

FarmerManE djent
08/02/15 8:12 pm

He's a hunter, out doing what he loves.... To hard to comprehend?

JennaAwesome Book Lover
08/02/15 4:12 pm

You usually can't make the answers the same in polls.

chrismisen atlanta
08/02/15 3:40 pm

many times the tag for one exotic hunt costs hundreds of thousands and goes towards preservation. i personally would never do it, but these hunters often help conservation more than they hurt it. villifying all hunters hurts the cause.

tsd715 New York City
08/02/15 4:05 pm

That's like perposefully giving people cancer to cure cancer! Have a fundraiser or a 10k or something, for God's sake.

chrismisen atlanta
08/02/15 5:41 pm

www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/black-rhino-hunting-permit/
i can't see a fundraiser making $350k. it doesnt always make sense to hunt them to help them. but it can, and pretending otherwise is doing the animals a disservice.

tsd715 New York City
08/02/15 5:45 pm

How can it possibly be morally acceptable to kill something to help it. I'm not saying it was illegal, but it should be. There are better ways to help endangered species than making them more endangered.

tsd715 New York City
08/02/15 5:46 pm

There are plenty of rich philanthropists who can, have, and will given well over $350,000 to the cause.

chrismisen atlanta
08/02/15 6:12 pm

in that particular case^, the rhino in question could no longer mate and was likely to injure males who could mate because of territorial aggression. and apparently namibia was forgotten by rich philanthropists, because they seemed to need the money

chrismisen atlanta
08/02/15 6:13 pm

i think in most cases it's not the best plan of action to sell hunting tags for endangered animals. but if they need funding to stop poaching, and the loss of that specific animal wont hurt the population, then i can accept it

tsd715 New York City
08/02/15 6:18 pm

Maybe in that specific case, but Cecil was not like this rhinoceros. I don't know how anyone can justify killing lions to save lions. It would be comically counter intuitive if it weren't tragic.

tsd715 New York City
08/02/15 7:34 pm

Glad we can agree on that.

Diknak Ohio
08/02/15 2:33 pm

Hope about the hunter show some real skill and attack the lion with a machete. Let the best hunter win.

MadCow True GOP
08/02/15 2:17 pm

It's a trick question. It's both.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
08/02/15 1:34 pm

Serial killers often start out by murdering animals.

Pragmaniac Hipsterville
08/02/15 1:54 pm

From the description, if a teen did this he'd be put under observation and given professional help.

shygal47 Florida east coast
08/02/15 1:30 pm

Any person that kills for reasons other than food or self-protection is merely of pile of crap, if you ask me. I cannot see fun defined as purposely denying a living creature his continued existence.

Maj Worth Economist
08/02/15 1:01 pm

Technically, a trophy hunter. But in the day and age where good cameras are as easily affordable as guns, I think we need to revamp the culture of what a trophy means. Disrespecting nature and laws shouldn't be cool or desirable.

suppressedID suck it Kyle
08/02/15 1:00 pm

Inspired by Sunday morning news debate.