htcbump Florida
08/01/15 9:55 pm

People...we made loans and grants to colleges cheap and the cost of a degree went through the roof. Just imagine how expensive this will be for someone if it is free. Also, free will also drive the weirdest majors you ever heard of.

Albort Capitalist Anarchy
08/01/15 9:46 pm

Education shouldn't be a right.

Albort Capitalist Anarchy
08/01/15 10:15 pm

People need to make their own opportunities. Those who want an education bad enough will work for it.

08/01/15 9:43 pm

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 7:51 pm

Big fan, in magicland where the GOPers wouldn't oppose such an enlightened proposal.
I'd rather my state pay the full cost for tuition and fees at our public colleges and universities. The federal government is too fickle to rely on.

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 7:55 pm

In other words, I don't want to wager the education of my fellow Minnesotans on the whims of some morons with egos from the dirty South.

08/01/15 8:28 pm

AC, if you have the proper grades to get into college then yes you have the right to go to college. If you have excellent grades then you would qualify for scholarships and grants that's pay for college thus fulfilling-you're rights.

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 8:42 pm

Publicly funded higher education exists to democratize knowledge. Segregating those who can earn college degrees based on their prior ability to get perfect grades in high school contradicts the mission of every college and university in Minnesota.

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 8:43 pm

On top of that, public colleges and universities have their own admissions criteria (prior academic performance, etc.) that they find fit to enforce. It is a major overreach for our state government to set these standards for our schools.

08/01/15 8:47 pm

Where are you getting that idea from. Not every student is capable to go to college or needs to go to college. what's wrong with Minnesota is you're not helping kids go to vo-tech schools & learn trades. College readiness in Minnesota is a joke😈

08/01/15 8:49 pm

College readiness is some Poppas idea from hierarchy politicians. Ask anybody who's directly involved in education especially in high school they'll tell you Minnesota does not do enough for trades in other fields that are non-college.😎

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 8:51 pm

The colleges and universities set their own standards. The only colleges which admit 100% of those who apply (and the applicants must have proven their academic ability by earning an HS diploma or GED) are the vo-tech colleges you just praised.

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 8:59 pm

You're just so off base in your argument that I have to set you straight in order to have a reasonable conversation with you.

genuflect University of Minnesota
08/01/15 9:03 pm

"Not helping students go to vo-tech colleges to learn trades."
MNSCU operates 24 publicly funded two year colleges which offer these programs.
That's not including the professional training offered by our four year institutions.
So, what?

08/01/15 3:41 pm

College isnt a right

08/01/15 3:41 pm

Your lucky enough to get it through high school you dont deserve free college

08/01/15 3:41 pm

Not to mention if you do it college degrees become worthless

08/01/15 3:50 pm

Education is a right. But I wouldn't expect a fascist to respect human rights.

08/01/15 4:35 pm

Education through college is not a right

08/01/15 8:26 pm

AC, i'm sorry post secondary school is not a right. If I have to pay for your post secondary schooling, I expect straight A's, no partying, no drugs, no alcohol.

08/01/15 8:54 pm

I like how he calls it a "robin hood tax "

08/01/15 8:55 pm

What did Wall Street do to deserve that god forbid they actually try in life and actually make something of themselves lets tax them

08/01/15 8:58 pm

08/01/15 9:02 pm

Communists honestly make me laugh cause they expect us hardworking smart people who made it in life to support your lazy ass! Sorry buddy not gonna happen any time soon!

08/01/15 9:05 pm

AC, "Conservatives honestly make me laugh. Do you think when you type? Do you understand the hypocrisy of what you just said?" Instead of spewing words. Why don't you point out the hypocrisy is that you claim so they can be discussed and debated.😈😎

08/01/15 9:06 pm

It's like talking to a fucking wall with you fascists. If you say shit like that, you're either too stupid or too brainwashed to actually think a bit.

08/01/15 9:10 pm

Because elites don't do any fucking work. The working class does. And for far too long the working class has had their rights stolen. Why not have free college? God forbid we educate people. I forgot, this country is run by reactionaries

08/01/15 9:11 pm

It's called an investment. Planning ahead. Right-wingers aren't very good at that unless they have people working for them to do it.

08/01/15 9:13 pm

Free college is not a right

08/01/15 9:14 pm

The working class chooses to remain were they are instead of trying to make things better for themselves they deserve what they get

08/01/15 9:15 pm

AC, "Because elites don't do any f*****g work." I find it interesting when you keep saying elites like most elites are conservative far from the truth. That can be proven look at who's donated to Hillary Clinton and Clinton foundation, liberals😈😎

08/01/15 9:15 pm

Ah yes, poor people choose to be poor. Even through they're the hardest workers.

08/01/15 9:17 pm

I hardly call working at McDonalds or planned parenthood hard work!

08/01/15 9:18 pm

1 hillary isn't a liberal. 2 I'm not a liberal. 3 companies fund clinton to keep moderates in power.

08/01/15 9:20 pm

Oh but sitting in a chair managing money is? What about factory workers? Farmers? Miners? Take away the bosses, workers work for themselves. Take away the workers, everything crashes.

08/01/15 9:21 pm

Take away the boss and none of it ever existed in the first place!!!!

08/01/15 9:24 pm

It's called a cooperative. Workplace democracy. No bosses needed. Standard of living skyrockets.

08/01/15 9:26 pm

Any big nation that have made this work?

08/01/15 9:27 pm

AC, so you're saying the Clintons are moderate in their political views, seriously!!! Next you're going to try to tell US on SOH that the Democratic Party is made up of moderates. LOL😈😎

08/01/15 9:30 pm

Just like Debra Wasserman could not explain the difference between a Democrat & A socialist on the Chris Matthews show on MS NBC. 😎

08/01/15 9:31 pm

Yeah they are. And you don't get the point. There's no centralised government. There's no "nation." Quality over quantity.

08/01/15 9:32 pm

I hate arguing with idiots. Get back to me when you understand political theory

08/01/15 9:35 pm

Take your toys and go home baby

08/01/15 9:35 pm

Sounds like a pothead's dream anyway

08/01/15 9:36 pm

AC, your idealism will not work it has not worked. Don't think I'm ignorant on the issue I've read Karl Marx, Lenin Own their books including the little red book from chairman Moa. Took many political science classes in that field at the U of minn.😈

08/01/15 9:38 pm

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. First you called me a liberal, then a marxist, then a maoist. I can tell the indoctrination has gotten to you. You can stop responding now, you've proven enough to me πŸ˜‚

08/01/15 9:44 pm

AC, explain to me where in history has your Political Ideology worked. I am sorry I didn't refer to you as a Marxist or socialist right away. Anytime you are willing to sit down &discuss the far far left bring it on.😎😈

08/01/15 9:49 pm

AC, "I hate arguing with idiots. Get back to me when you understand political theory." So you can't defend your political theory. You have to call your opponents idiots, name-calling run with your tail between your legs.

08/01/15 9:51 pm

AC, please tell me what you would like me to refer to you as your political idolatry. I do not want to miss label you in the future. And your reference to Barcelona in the 1930s that was short-lived. That was A very fruitful society.πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ƒ

08/01/15 9:53 pm

I'm an Anarcho-communist. Call me an anarchist, or a communist, or both. Some people like ancom for short.

htcbump Florida
08/01/15 10:00 pm

Anarch....when you name call, make assumptions on others points of view, caste others as evil, stupid whatever you should just say I LOST. You are proving intellectual bankruptcy with an exclamation point. Sorry.

htcbump Florida
08/01/15 10:01 pm

Oh, and I forgot...these are earmarks of a fascist!

08/01/15 10:01 pm

AC, so you're saying that a Marxist, Leninist, Moaist, Stalinist is not a communist? 😈😎

08/01/15 10:05 pm

I did not say that. But not all communists are Marxists. Communism is an end goal. Marxists take too long, stalinists and maoists never intend to get there. I advocate immediate construction of a free communist society.

08/01/15 10:15 pm

AC, anarchist are strongly influenced by egoism and radical individualism, believing the best social system for the realization of individual freedom. Humm! egoism and radical individualism, a society like this would definitely get alone, show love.

08/01/15 10:20 pm

maoists never intend to get there. I advocate immediate construction of a free communist society. I think you need to read Moa's little Redbook. Moa never intended to get there, seriously. See how society works without a government of any form.😈

08/01/15 10:22 pm

Works pretty Damn well. Are you anti freedom?

htcbump Florida
08/02/15 6:08 pm

Name the country where your brand of anarchcom is working? The Manson commune? Where?

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
08/01/15 1:42 pm

It says Sanders on the link I support it anyway

iPolitix Political Party Animal
08/01/15 1:25 pm

It says Sanders on the link. I'm probably against it.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
08/01/15 1:07 pm

It says Sanders on the link. I'm probably for it.