bluerum29 optimistic idealist
08/04/15 3:44 pm

Honestly not really sure my feelings on that

biker4life Arizona
08/04/15 3:25 pm

No I do not.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 1:59 pm

Depends on how you define it. An imminent, secret snatching away of believers for a seven-year dinner in Heaven? No, and neither did Jesus, Paul, John, or ANY Christian before 1830 when the theory was invented, based not on the Bible but on a dream,

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:05 pm

by an 18-year old girl in Port Glasgow, Scotland, named Margaret MacDonald. Two itinerant preachers named Irving and Darby twisted some Scriptures to "support" this outlandish theory. But it really got turned into a systematic theology by

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:09 pm

C.I.Scofield, in the notes of his Scofield Study Bible. It took American Fundamentalists and Pentecostals by storm (because it offered a quick and easy escape from the horrors of the GreatTtribulation). But God USES tribulation to mature and toughen

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:14 pm

His Saints! This doctrinal cancer spread to Dallas Theological Seminary, which produced Hal Lindsey and Tim LaHaye, who reached mass audiences with (Lindsey's book) The Late Great Planet Earth and (LaHaye's books and movies) the Left Behind series.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:16 pm

Both of these works are fairly despicable, since they attempt to scare unbelievers into the kingdom of Heaven with horror stories of what will happen to them if they are "left behind" on the Earth during the Great Tribulation. This IS NOT the Gospel

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:20 pm

Jesus preached. Through correct exegesis (interpretation) of the previously twisted and misinterpreted Scriptures, we can easily understand that the "rapture" refers to our being lifted into the atmosphere to greet Jesus at His very public Second

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:24 pm

Coming at the end of the Tribulation, THEN IMMEDIATELY REVERSING DIRECTION and escorting Him down to Jerusalem. The Greek phrasing is the same as Jesus' Palm Sunday entry into Jerusalem and secular accounts of crowds going out of the city gates to

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:29 pm

meet a victorious general returning from a conquest. So, to sum up:
•the "rapture CANNOT happen at any moment, as clearly stated in 2 Thess. 2:1-7ish and Matthew 24:29ff.
• it will occur at the END of the Tribulation. There is only one Second Coming

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:32 pm

in Scripture.
Sorry I put off answering so long, but I knew it'd take me a while to make this clear. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I have studied this topic for 40+ years. ✟

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
08/04/15 2:35 pm

Wow, I must say, that was very informative, and I learned more about my faith because of this, so thank you very much!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:39 pm

Thanks, Sticks! Tell your friends to read it and ask questions if needed. I usually have to type something like this out every month or so, so I would like for it to reach as many people as possible. It's a lot of typing for me. 😃

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
08/04/15 2:48 pm

Doesn't make the Bible wrong, Chi. RCs basically just try to stay out of the topic of eschatology altogether.

jmahippo Texas
08/01/15 11:12 am

Idk if i would say I believe in it as i am hopeful that God takes Christians pre trib

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness
08/01/15 8:04 pm

Yep...plan for post and pray for pre.