Show Of Hands July 31st, 2015 10:59pm

If you and your spouse were having a baby right now, would you prefer to have a healthy daughter or a healthy son?

ohm62
08/09/15 7:02 pm

Got 2 sons and a daughter already, and I like even numbers :-)

Norberto
08/09/15 5:23 pm

Can't have a dog?? Hm no?..k go for the son then.. :/

POLAND
08/06/15 5:17 pm

Son cause of less drama but I wouldn't mind having a daughter

sonope Texas
08/04/15 3:09 pm

I would want a son first and then a daughter so he could watch out for her. But if my children don't feel right in their assigned gender I don't mind if those plans don't exactly happen.

NotHomeYet formerly fgw0369
08/04/15 9:48 am

My son is 25. My daughters are 11, 8 and 6. So at this point, I'd take another son. Thankfully the kitchen is closed and this is just a hypothetical!

08/04/15 9:03 am

You answered my question and it may have ended there buy YOU continued with "Got a problem with that?" Which, among other things, demands a response and you can't expect a simple "no", not from me, your kids or anyone else.

08/04/15 8:47 am

Then, you contradicted yourself and solidified the notion of fighting. My question invited a conversation, nothing else. When you mentioned fighting I had not yet responded to your previous post. You already started the fight with the you question.

08/04/15 8:21 am

You are a misogynist. You said it first. I agreed. What did I miss? You would make a bad because you are abusive. You called me stupid and you attacked me for having an opinion. Children have opinions. Therefore you would be a bad parent.

08/04/15 7:28 am

My motive was to point out that your comment was sexist and offer you the opportunity to defend yourself. It's called a discussion. Having a discussion is the point of this application.

gorilla72 Naples, FL
08/03/15 7:28 pm

How about a healthy WHATEVER. As long as it's healthy

ldsmom02
08/03/15 10:29 am

I'd take either. But my experience with two sons and two daughters tells me boys are a tiny bit easier to deal with as teenagers.

MrsCrayonWax
08/03/15 6:16 am

I'm going to vote daughter. And I'll find out in 20+ days. I already have a son but I'd take either.

Wink
08/03/15 5:43 am

I voted son. We already have one son. When I was pregnant, I thought I wanted a girl, but now, I couldn't imagine having a daughter.

cowboy Doors of Perception
08/03/15 3:35 am

I already have a daughter. A son would be great.

badattitude no place like home
08/02/15 6:16 pm

Daughters are so much easier. Boys have three rules. If you can't smash it or light it on fire, then you can hump it.

pr3ttypee Brooklyn, NY
08/02/15 6:12 pm

I'd LOVE my first child to be a boy. Yes

kanji401 SoCal
08/02/15 5:43 pm

My answer would depend on the birth order

kjs Minnesota
08/02/15 3:45 pm

Wyatt76 for your information I didn't make a general statement, I stated my opinion which is different. Our son was easier to raise than our daughter. My opinion.

unforgivnn
08/02/15 3:08 pm

I have two daughters, so I'd like a son. But I'd cherish another girl if that's what God gave us!

smulawyer
08/02/15 1:26 pm

I wanted to vote YES, but that wasn't an option.

jkferr
08/02/15 6:13 am

Call me sexist if you would like, I'm sure people are thinking it.

I chose boy because I already have a daughter.

grumpyjax Arizona
08/01/15 8:48 pm

Most men & women prefer to have sons, especially as their first child. I want one son & then twin daughters

purplemonkey New York
08/01/15 8:33 pm

Wow this country is still obviously gender biased. WTF are we..China?!

FreeNation Pro Liberty
08/02/15 12:22 am

Nothing wrong with a preference, as long as they are treated equally.

cnc123 SUPREME 2016
08/02/15 10:43 am

This isn't about how we treat them, boys just seem simpler to raise.

kjs Minnesota
08/01/15 6:01 pm

Boys are just easier to raise and we have raised both girls and boys.

08/02/15 1:58 am

Every parent has a different experience with one or the other. It's sexist to make a general statement about boys being easier to raise. Your blatant sexism is repulsive.

08/01/15 5:22 pm

How do I report this poll for existing in the first place?

MrsCrayonWax
08/02/15 2:38 pm

What is the issue with the poll?

08/02/15 10:49 pm

Simple asking to pick a male or female preference without a more specific context is statistically useless and morally irresponsible .

08/01/15 5:00 pm

That word exists in two comments in this thread and both of them are yours. I did not say that.

BRPhillyUSMC 19134
08/01/15 4:21 pm

If my wife were pregnant I would be having an unhealthy mental breakdown

08/01/15 4:08 pm

Sorry about these misplaced responses if you are offend by the words in quotations please report one of the guys further down in the thread.

08/01/15 4:04 pm

So you are saying that you are an emo because I didn't say that until I quoted you. If you didn't hate women then you wouldn't be so defensive.

08/01/15 4:02 pm

So your saying that you are an emo, I didn't use the word until I quoted you. And if you didn't hate women then you wouldn't be so defensive.

08/01/15 3:55 pm

"Used by" or "used for"? You just called yourself an emo who rants on message boards.

08/01/15 3:47 pm

"Triggered ass"? What does that even mean?

karv34 philadephia
08/01/15 3:05 pm

Where the feminists at?

08/01/15 3:18 pm

I'm one.

08/01/15 2:20 pm

I picked "Daughter" because the choice has fewer votes and I had to pick one in order to comment on how egregiously offensive this question is!

Reuters Canada
08/01/15 3:50 pm

How is this offensive?! It's a poll! I can't believe you'd think that this simple question is offensive.

08/01/15 4:57 pm

It's requires a prioritizing of gender. Parents think about these things but encouraging the thought process only further exasperates the unnecessary perceived differences between the two.

MrsCrayonWax
08/02/15 2:40 pm

Perhaps it wasn't about that for many respondents. Maybe some already have a daughter and want a son or vice versa. People still are allowed to have choices in America without having a labeled slapped on them.

08/02/15 10:44 pm

I agree, crayonwax, but this question is useless without a desire to label things and/or an appropriate context.

08/01/15 2:01 pm

I'd want my eldest to be a boy, so he could look after my other kids if something were to happen to me.

08/01/15 3:18 pm

Because a daughter would be incapable of such a thing?

08/01/15 3:25 pm

Men are often physically stronger and possess a more protective nature. A son would also carry on my surname (something of which I take pride). It's not that I wouldn't want a daughter, I'd just like my firstborn to be a boy. Got a problem with that?

08/01/15 3:25 pm

Go pick a fight with someone else

08/01/15 3:33 pm

Men are more protective? Women are mothers! If you deserve your daughters respect she could carry your name. Does your wife's parents deserve to have their name end with you? I'm not picking a fight. This is a discussion board.

08/01/15 3:36 pm

I hope you have 0 daughters because your attitude is dangerous, and 0 sons because 1 you is too much.

08/01/15 3:40 pm

Hmm... Sounds like you're picking a fight to me...

08/01/15 3:42 pm

And yes. The men I know are more protective than the women I know. Who brought my wife's parents into this?

08/01/15 3:43 pm

Now please take your triggered ass somewhere else...

08/01/15 3:45 pm

I didn't say anything bad about your wife's parents. I just made the point that women are equally entitled to carrying a family name. Who's picking a fight now?

08/01/15 3:47 pm

You definitely mentioned my wife's parents... And you instigated this by replying

08/01/15 3:48 pm

"triggered ass"? What does that even mean?

08/01/15 3:50 pm

You can find it on Urban Dictionary or Tumblr, as it's often used by emos to justify ranting on comment boards

08/01/15 3:52 pm

I mentioned your wife parents because your argument is disrespectful to them. THIS IS A DISCUSSION APPLICATION! I didn't start anything but a discussion. Your belligerent responses have been and will be reported.

08/01/15 3:54 pm

"Men are often physically stronger and posses a more protective nature"

"You misogynist!"

08/01/15 3:56 pm

You are but I didn't say that.

08/01/15 3:58 pm

What justifies that statement? I actually recall saying I wouldn't mind a daughter! Please tell me: what makes me a woman-hater?

08/01/15 3:59 pm

And "triggered" is the term used by emos

08/01/15 4:15 pm

So you are saying that you are an "emo" because I didn't use that word until I quoted you. If you didn't hate women then you wouldn't be so defensive. But I didn't say you hated women or that you are a misogynist. You're volunteering information.

08/01/15 4:17 pm

So because I say I don't hate women, I hate women? And the context of triggered in the way I used it is that you are triggered. I was pointing out your triggeredness

08/01/15 4:42 pm

What's the point of saying that I am "triggered"? And I did not say you hated women you asked me what makes you a woman-hater? Being that I didn't call you a woman-hater, it's YOUR question that implies that you are.

08/01/15 4:44 pm

And you have NOT said anywhere in this thread that you don't hate women either.

08/01/15 4:47 pm

You haven't said that you don't hate women either! You also haven't mentioned not hating blacks and gays! Are you a misogynistic homophobic racist? I hope not, and I hope I don't have to state every ethnic, religious, and racial group I don't hate.

08/01/15 4:49 pm

And upon googling the definition of misogynist, you can see that the only listed synonym is "woman-hater." And you definitely said I was a misogynist, providing no proof for your statement.

08/01/15 5:01 pm

That word exists in two comments in this thread and both of them are yours. I didn't say that.

08/01/15 5:04 pm

My post "Men are physically stronger and possess a more protective nature"
"You misogynist (jokingly)!"

Your reply "you are but I didn't say that"

08/01/15 5:09 pm

The only reason I said that you didn't say that you don't hate women is because you said "So, because I say I don't hate women, I hate women?"

08/01/15 5:11 pm

Dude lets just agree to disagree. Neither of our minds will be changed by this conversation.

08/01/15 5:20 pm

When you put words in quotations you are suggesting that I said them and I didn't, wether or not I agree with the statement. You have been belligerent from the beginning of the conversation. It's hardly about disagreeing.

08/01/15 5:24 pm

So will you keep stoking the fire? I've already told you I'm done. I won't be changing your mind any time soon, and you can be sure you're not changing mine by calling me belligerent.

08/02/15 11:08 pm

My intention is to ask you to not be belligerent and to learn to have a healthy conversation without insulting someone in your very first comment after they they try to engage you in conversation, especially on an application designed for discussion.

08/02/15 11:13 pm

Your very first response after my legitimate question ended with: "Got a problem with that?" Follow by "go pick a fight somewhere else"

08/02/15 11:14 pm

How does asking a question on a discussion board constitute picking a fight?

08/04/15 7:13 am

That was an incendiary question. I never even implied that women couldn't do such a thing. If you weren't looking for a fight, what have the last million comments been about?

08/04/15 7:15 am

Then you went on to comment about my "attitude," and said you hoped that I had no kids. Again, am I the only one who saw this as instigation?

08/04/15 7:17 am

You called me belligerent twice, and you would have discreetly reported me if remaining civil was a priority for you

08/04/15 7:18 am

I concede that my comments were a bit inflammatory, but after I asked to end the discussion, you replied.

08/04/15 7:19 am

You accused me of picking a fight after my very first question. And you asked "got a problem with it?" That question is the epitome of "picking a fight". You have been belligerent from the get go and I have only tried to defend myself.

08/04/15 7:21 am

Your question was incendiary!!! Nobody phrases a question like that and has a benign motive!

08/04/15 7:24 am

Now, I'm going to offer to end this discussion again. It's not benefiting either of us. Let's agree to disagree and put this behind us.

08/04/15 7:24 am

Asking for the last word does not make you entitled to it. Now that you've admitted to making incendiary comments you should stop.

08/04/15 7:26 am

So when are you going to concede that you haven't been taking the high road this whole time? I posted four consecutive comments that showed how you're equally responsible for this

08/04/15 7:27 am

And it would have definitely looked like you won the argument of you stopped the first time I offered

08/04/15 7:29 am

08/04/15 7:29 am

I'm seriously just sick of it. I don't see how you can want to keep going, and accuse me of fueling a fight at the same time. I've asked to stop twice.

08/04/15 7:30 am

You never called my comment sexist...

08/04/15 7:33 am

I clearly won the argument the moment you derailed the conversation by attacking my motivation instead of answering a legitimate question. I have challenged others as I'm entitled to and only you have attacked me for it.

08/04/15 7:35 am

You don't decide who won the argument, stupid. Look who's comments have more likes lol

08/04/15 7:41 am

Having friends who support your abusive comments does not make you a winner. You keep making it more and more obvious why someone with sexiest leanings like yourself would make a bad parent and your belligerent behaviour suggests an abusive nature.

08/04/15 7:43 am

I stand by my comment. I worry about your children. If you want this to end then stop.

08/04/15 7:46 am

Ah I see. You want to stop now, after saying you worry about my children. You're afraid of a response. You want to look like the good guy for ending the fight. I offered to end this twice. If that was your motive, this would have already been done

08/04/15 7:53 am

If there was anything benign about my initial statement it was the subtext of me saying you are sexist. But wether or not you are trying to win an argument it is not appropriate to call another person stupid under any circumstance.

08/04/15 7:58 am

I've called you stupid. You've called me belligerent, sexist, abusive, a bad parent, agreed with my hypothetical SJW on the notion that I'm a misogynist, and said that you hope I have no kids. Please stop taking the role of the victim.

08/04/15 7:58 am

Why are you so obsessed with who gets to end this fight that you so clearly started with your admittedly inflammatory comments?

08/04/15 8:02 am

Can I point out how much you've said that you've just brushed off? I've asked to end this twice. I'm angry because after spitting in my face both times, you ask to end it right after you insult me. Then you have the nerve to play as the victim.

08/04/15 8:04 am

You have given clear evidence in support of all those statements and I have explained my logic behind them. I'm the one who tried for a moment to stay on topic despite your immediate attack on me personally for simply asking a legitimate question.

08/04/15 8:10 am

You attacked me. I AM the victim in this conversation. I may have decided that I'm not going to stop until you stop or I get you booted from this application because you so clearly want to bully people instead of having a conversation.

08/04/15 8:11 am

You dodged my question about misogyny a few times. You've never justified your statement about my parenting skills, and you haven't just been defending yourself this whole time. You pushed this forward when I tried to stop it TWICE!

08/04/15 8:11 am

You can end this conversation at anytime but that doesn't mean you get to have the last comment.

08/04/15 8:12 am

And typical SJW response

"I won't stop until you give up your worldview, or I suppress it!"

08/04/15 8:23 am

08/04/15 8:26 am

The misogynist quote was hypothetical and humorous in nature. You agreed with the stereotypical SJW I presented in the comment. And you used my hypothetical joke to justify it.

08/04/15 8:28 am

And you literally said your goal was to suppress my opinion. You want me "booted from this app," because I disagree with you. If your kids were like me, you'd suppress them too. Therefore, you're a bad parent

08/04/15 8:29 am

And you called me abusive. No justification. Just something you felt like calling me.

08/04/15 8:29 am

I've actually been fairly restrained in my insults compared to you.

08/04/15 8:29 am

And I am still defending myself. I have more likes than you outside of this argument because I articulate my responses and this is just an argument.

08/04/15 8:31 am

No. You have more likes than me outside of this argument because I haven't posted outside of this argument

08/04/15 8:32 am

I never said that I want to suppress your opinion. I said that my goal is to get abusive individuals like yourself ban from the application. See how you twist things?

08/04/15 8:34 am

"I don't want to suppress you, I just want to bar you from stating your opinion!"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

08/04/15 8:34 am

And by the way, this: "Men are often physically stronger and possess a more protective nature. A son would also carry on my surname (something of which I take pride). It's not that I wouldn't want a daughter, I'd just like my firstborn to be a boy."

08/04/15 8:34 am

That was a worthwhile argument.

08/04/15 8:36 am

Worthwhile, meaning good? I think you just called my argument a good one.

08/04/15 8:38 am

But because of this: "Got a problem with that?" (Also part of your first reply) Indicates that you wanted to talk about something else. And that you shouldn't be bothering people here.

08/04/15 8:41 am

Actually, my "go pick a fight somewhere else," indicated that I, under no circumstances, wanted to talk about anything. My offers to end this conversation indicate that I did not want to talk about this.

08/04/15 8:48 am

08/04/15 8:49 am

Because the question was not about the poll. It was a personal attack.

08/04/15 8:52 am

So my comments are the only ones allowed to have subtext? And I wouldn't have pressed if you didn't continue. "Got a problem with that?" Was meant to draw out your opinion, which we could've discussed civilly.

08/04/15 8:52 am

You instead just decided to attack my parenting skills

08/04/15 8:55 am

It is clear that you wanted to state your perspective and have no questions asked. But replies would not be an option if that were the intention of the app. This is also exactly why I think you would be a bad parent. Because children ask questions.

08/04/15 8:58 am

You asked questions. I responded. You didn't like it, so you continued to argue. And I'd react if my kids' questions had such an inflammatory subtext. I bet if your kids were the least bit conservative, you'd have already disowned them

08/04/15 8:59 am

They will challenge you and obviously because you defensively asked "got a problem with that?" You won't know how to handle it.

08/04/15 9:01 am

I'd treat my impressionable kids different than I'd treat an Internet user who already has an opinion on the issue

08/04/15 9:05 am

08/04/15 9:06 am

You need to own this argument. I have clearly stated why I continue. If you want this to stop then stop.

08/04/15 9:06 am

It doesn't demand a "no." It's an open ended question. You think I wanted a "no" response. I was open to anything.

08/04/15 9:07 am

I even said the purpose of the question was to draw out an opinion, and then a civil discussion.

08/04/15 9:13 am

Let me be clear. This argument is not about our opinions. It should be! This argument is about how defensive and intolerant of other people's opinions you are.

08/04/15 9:18 am

"I even said the purpose of the question was to draw out an opinion, and then a civil discussion" YOU ATTACKED ME IN YOUR VERY FIRST RESPONSE TO MY ATTEMPT AT A CIVIL DISCUSSION. OWN IT OR GO AWAY!

08/04/15 9:20 am

And thank you for the earlier example of how you twist things. But I'm not sure what you meant by it.

08/04/15 9:23 am

If you didn't want a "no" then why did you mention fighting? The one sentence question I asked before that was completely legitimate and acceptable.

08/04/15 9:26 am

Sorry, I'm catching up with your posts. I have clearly explained why I find you abusive.

08/04/15 9:42 am

I'm not sure that I responded to all your posts. Sorry, there are just too many and they contradict themselves. So I'm going to end with this, assuming you are done and I can fit it in one post. You were not asking for a genuine response...

08/04/15 9:50 am

because you told me to go pick a fight somewhere else without waiting for a response. You are belligerent and intolerant. My "insults" do not compare. I do not care how conservative my children will be because I will teach them first and foremost...

08/04/15 9:56 am

to have discussions and accept other opinions. This discussion is not about opinions per se, this entire conversation has been about you attacking someone for having a different opinion. I'm sorry I wasted my time.

08/04/15 10:07 am

One more thing, inflammatory: attempting to arouse angry or violent emotions. I was challenging you as people do here and that was my genuine intent. Your question, followed by "pick a fight someone else." Is indisputably inflammatory. I realize...

08/04/15 10:09 am

... that you've actively refuted this through out the conversation but simply repeating false information doesn't make it true.

mamalisa California
08/01/15 1:01 pm

Wow interesting results. I already have two of each. I voted boy.

Casidia7 Pennsylvania
08/01/15 11:10 am

I only chose a son because I'm the last male in my family that can carry on my last name

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
08/01/15 10:43 am

I have no preference. I love all babies the same. I would just want a healthy baby

doughboy3463 Wisconsin
08/01/15 10:13 am

I want my first kid to be a son that way my daughter would have an older brother to look after her.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
08/01/15 10:44 am

Well. I'm an older brother to my sister and I can't say I looked after her as a child as much as tormented her. A big sister is probably more likely to take on the mature and responsible older sibling role.

Sif Georgia
08/02/15 6:26 am

I agree with ParaguasPato on this one - maybe not all older bros are that bad but mine would punch, kick, and/or verbally abuse me almost every day of my childhood. Now that I have a son I will ensure he treats his (possible) future siblings kindly!

gatsbyxxv
08/01/15 9:51 am

I would accept whatever God gave us but a boy would be nice, girls I have and wouldn't change them for anything.

Independent101 Be For America
08/01/15 9:44 am

Im surprised a liberal hasn't called everyone that chose Son a racist sexist white old male yet. Maybe there all crying? Lol

b4mytime Orange County, CA
08/01/15 12:05 pm

No, we were too busy telling the women they're anti-feminist if they want any children. We are horrible people. Oh and also we're getting a head start on our annual war with Christmas this year so we were caught up in a meeting.

08/04/15 7:20 am

Did I miss the convention???? Darn I wanted to complain about the evils of independent thought...

dboy Houston
08/01/15 9:09 am

I already have 4 daughters......

teaa New York
08/01/15 8:34 am

I would want a son first so he can be a big brother to his little sister in the future :D

I've always wanted a son, then a daughter

DonWichita Kansas
08/01/15 8:14 am

Our sons & daughters are in their late 40s. Thats enough.

Coltspig
08/01/15 8:00 am

I have two daughters so a boy would be nice.