BetweenRivers July 30th, 2015 12:16am

So I got my wisdom teeth out and had a horrible experience with the Nitrous or laughing gas. Have you ever had a bad experience with a prescription drug?

catpillow Florida West Coast
07/30/15 8:55 pm

The worst was when I first had a bad asthma attack and went to student health. They gave me epinephrine and my heart started racing, I became very anxious, emotional, and couldn't stop talking. Never again!

BetweenRivers
07/31/15 9:42 am

I'm terribly sorry that happened to you

TierasPet
07/30/15 6:33 am

Thanks. I'm sorry about your experience as well.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 6:35 am

It'll all good. It was a very quick negative experience and made going to sleep so much easier because I was exhausted from not fainting. All in all, it made everything so much easier for me, I'm glad it happened.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 3:19 am

The laughing gas almost made me pass out. I started out just feeling dizzy, then the dizziness turned to my body feeling like static and then like I wasn't real. My heart monitor started going crazy until they put me back on regular oxygen.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 4:15 am

They turned it off pretty quickly when my heart rate started speeding and my speech got really slurred. It felt like it was on for hours, but really it was more like 5 to 10 minutes. I think my BP dropped pretty bad.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 3:21 am

That sucks. Sounds like it would be helpful

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/29/15 7:17 pm

Codeine. I took it on anempty stomach after a root canal. Codeine, in combination with so much novacaine, slowed my heart rate to the point that I passed out alone in my apartment. Paramedics thought I was in cardiac arrest and took me to the ER.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 3:21 am

I'm so sorry. That sounds horrifying.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/30/15 4:11 am

Yeah, pretty scary. It's a strange thing to call an ambulance for yourself. When the paramedics got there I'd already passed out and woken up. I was feeling better but they took vitals anyway. My heart rate was 30 at that point so they rushed me in.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/30/15 4:13 am

Lesson learned though...never take a new medication alone. Be around people and tell someone.

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 4:13 am

Definitely. I hope you're okay

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 5:58 pm

Not a prescribed drug, but one that was given to me for intubation before a surgery, succinylcholine. Google "scoline pain" for details & understand I was home when it happened (as is typical) & had no clue what was happening.

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 6:00 pm

Oh, and there was also the incident where I was unconscious for 24 hours on my kitchen floor & had to be hospitalized in a cardiac unit for 5 days with threat of kidney failure. Parts of me still feel the effects of that prescription drug.

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
07/29/15 5:42 pm

I undetstand, i got all 4 done at once, had to have my jaw wired shut for a month,,, thank god for chocolate shakes... It will be better in a few days

BetweenRivers
07/30/15 3:21 am

Luckily only one of the four I got out is really bothering me. The other three feel fine no pain at all without meds even. Its just the one that hurts until I get on pain killers. And I have to do the pain pills because when it hurts, it really hurts