rebelfury76 July 29th, 2015 6:25pm

A police officer has been indicted on murder charges after his body camera video provided irrefutable evidence that his version of the events were a complete falsehood.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
07/29/15 4:02 pm

Why ask true or false for these kinds of polls. If I haven't seen it in the news I have no idea if true or false.

ImageAccess
07/29/15 6:22 pm

Hahahaha

He thinks I'm messican.

07/29/15 8:41 pm

You're not Mexican?

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
07/29/15 8:46 pm

What does Mexican have to do with rando....so lost

ImageAccess
07/29/15 9:14 pm

Who wants a mustache ride?!?

Blue, go find...

m.imdb.com/title/tt0247745/

Buy it, rent it, steal it (well don't do that). It's an awesome movie.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
07/29/15 9:24 pm

I think not. Can't stand those types of "comedies"

rickvee Living the dream
07/30/15 3:35 am

It's Afghanistanimation.

ImageAccess
07/30/15 4:01 am

I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

07/30/15 8:12 am

Who wants cream?

Nobody?

Ok...No cream.

rickvee Living the dream
07/30/15 9:03 am

Nice wax job rook!

ImageAccess
07/30/15 10:50 am

Hey Farva, what's that place you like to go, with all the goofy shit on the walls?

rickvee Living the dream
07/30/15 11:04 am

I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans.

ImageAccess
07/30/15 7:27 pm

Hey Charlie's Angels!

(...Farva walks by only covering his crotch, covered in powdered sugar.)

Which leads me to...

- The lice hate the sugar.
- It's delicious!

07/31/15 12:14 am

Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.
Double baco cheeseburger. It's for a cop.
What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?
No, I just told him that so he makes it good.
Don't spit in that cop's burger.
Yeah thanks
Roger holding the spit

ImageAccess
07/31/15 1:22 am

Farva - Does that look like spit to you? *holding open his burger*
Ramathorne - Yeah
Farva - Eh, Fuck it. *takes a bite*

~fast forward~

Farva - Doesn't matter, I'm about to win a million dollars!

rickvee Living the dream
07/31/15 4:40 am

Liter cola... Do we make liter cola?

07/31/15 5:14 am

Litre is French for give me some fuckin cola before I break vous fuckin lip

07/29/15 2:28 pm

Why f with the cop? When he says "do you have your license on you", just say "sorry, it's at home". Take your ticket and live. Why all the back and fourth screwing around and ticking off a cop? Sorry sir, I screwed up. Goes a long way.

07/29/15 5:00 pm

You may be content with kissing the boot

07/29/15 5:04 pm

After reviewing the video a dozen more times, and listening to the officers testimony, I'm changing part of my statement. The officer did not follow protocol. When he wanted the driver to step out of the car, he should have stepped back and said,

07/29/15 5:07 pm

Please step out of the car. The officer had every right to do that after a traffic stop where the driver had no license and had alcohol in the front seat. Then if the driver fled, he would have a completely different situation. Not to shoot. The

07/29/15 5:09 pm

Officer was correct to draw his weapon. When the driver leaned right and put his right hand out. I believe he is young and hot headed and may have fired by mistake or to quickly before he had an accurate assessment of the situation. Had he said that,

07/29/15 5:12 pm

Instead of lying, we might have a different story. But since he is obviously lying, he's covering something up. Probably an accidental discharge. So. Is intentional murder? That's going to be hard to prove. You're going to have to prove that he...

07/29/15 5:13 pm

Intended to kill the driver before his gun was ever drawn.

07/29/15 5:32 pm

He aimed and pull the trigger. What else do you need.

07/29/15 5:48 pm

He may have been justified if the guy leaned over and acted like he was going for a gun. But it's hard to tell from the video. We'll never know because he lied in testimony.

07/29/15 6:11 pm

The guy started the car. There's no reaching or anything.

07/29/15 6:58 pm

I've heard that he started the car. I don't hear that, and you can't see that. But he must have reached down to put it in gear. That must be why he's saying stop, stop. He pulls his gun and it goes off. So you say he was trying to get away.

07/29/15 7:00 pm

That doesn't put a very good light on someone who's just going to get a ticket for no tag and no license. Why would he run. He's gonna get his beat by every other cop when they catch him. But Mr. Quick draw ruined that.

07/29/15 8:43 pm

Oh i'm sure the guy was drunk. But did you watch the video or not? He clearly starts the car. How else do you think it starts moving? He was going to run, no doubt. But that doesn't deserve a bullet in the head.

07/29/15 8:45 pm

I wasn't sure if it was still running in gear or if he starts it. If he starts it he was clearly going to run, for what? Not what he got pulled over for.

07/29/15 8:47 pm

He may have been drinking. If you're pulled over. And there's a bottle in your seat, he's gonna pull you out and check you. He may have been going to run for that. We'll see his toxicology report soon.

07/31/15 12:17 am

Even then it doesn't deserve summary execution. This isn't ISIL Iraq

07/29/15 2:20 pm

That was the most biased anti cop article I've read in a long time. It wasn't objective unbiased reporting. It was slanted to get the anti cop people on board so they could sell more papers. Because hating cops is what is popular now. Money talks.

07/29/15 2:24 pm

I didn't see anything but someone who kept telling some lie about his license, reach to his right as soon as he was told to get out of the car. If you don't want to get shot, don't make moves like that when a cop is questioning you. Hands up.

07/29/15 5:01 pm

Maybe cops shouldn't be so jumpy and quick to kill

07/29/15 5:24 pm

You're right. They shouldn't be. But all they hear about are the cops who didn't draw and fire fast enough and are dead.

07/29/15 5:33 pm

Yeah that's an occupational hazard but law enforcement isn't even in the top ten most dangerous professions .

missmorganmarie ...
07/29/15 11:57 am

If you have a body camera on...

..why lie ????

07/29/15 11:59 am

That's what they're trained to do

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
07/29/15 11:38 am

That's funny! I like it when you post these fictional theoretical polls. You are a riot. We live in 'Murica! When would video evidence not be tampered with...

..wait. Fer real? Wow. Just wow.

Won't happen again for a long time is my guess.

Liberty 4,032,064
07/29/15 11:37 am

Another hero playing Judge Dredd. Notice that his accomplices are still withholding the actual video (according to a couple other articles I saw).

07/29/15 11:25 am

From USA Today

Officer charged with murder in motorist's death

usat.ly/1SgJDwH

This debate is over.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
07/29/15 12:07 pm

REB - I watched the video during the press conference. Trust me. We're going to hear a ton of detractors saying the cop did nothing wrong, Dubose didn't comply, etc. Cincy's prosecutor got it right, but this one's going to be a mess.

07/29/15 12:47 pm

Non compliance should not carry a death penalty

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 1:00 pm

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I haven't watched the video, but I wonder if there wasn't an element of "We have to indict the officer because we're sitting on a powder keg here" involved in the decision. So far, from what I've read,

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 1:03 pm

several demonstrations about the incident have been peaceful. But I imagine Cincinnati is pretty nervous after recent incidents elsewhere plus the race riots there after the Timothy Thomas shooting in 2001. (I lived there at the time & it was pretty

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 1:04 pm

awful; no one wants that repeated.)

07/29/15 1:54 pm

Good that means they're afraid of us. That's how it's supposed to be.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
07/29/15 2:23 pm

SUZ - i think there may be a bit of that occurring. The cop who did the shooting was a University of Cincy cop - not a city cop - doing a traffic stop off campus for a missing front plate. The prosecutor went out of his way to both herald the U, and

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
07/29/15 2:24 pm

Say they should not have a police force. I completely agree with him. I wonder though, if this was a CPD officer, if this would have happened as fast, or if the same charges would have been levied. Not sure if the vid is out in the interweb yet, but

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 2:28 pm

Yeah, I'm just reading the article now. (I had read a number of Cincinnati news articles about it before today, & just hadn't looked at this one yet.)

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 2:52 pm

I'm wondering why a UC officer was stopping someone for a civilian auto thing anyway. As you said, it was off campus. Only about a block when it started, going by the police report, but still off, & not obviously a student. The body cam video is a

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 2:54 pm

little confusing to me. Clearly whatever happened escalated very very fast, but I couldn't tell exactly what triggered the officer reaching for his gun, & I can't tell what the bouncy camera motion is about. That didn't look like being "dragged" to

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 2:56 pm

me, but what the heck was it? I had envisioned, prior to seeing this, that the camera would show street-level shots of him being dragged, & pointing upward to the car window with his gun. Sure didn't look like that to me. I'm a little surprised at

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 2:59 pm

Deter's frank statement about it being clearly murder, and yeah, I wonder if he'd been that outspoken if it had been a CPD cop.

I understand UC closed both the main campus AND the medical campus (where I worked; it's several blocks away from main

susanr Colorado
07/29/15 3:02 pm

and feels even more isolated), prior to the announcement today, in case it didn't go well. I think that's almost unprecedented, especially canceling classes & closing offices in the medical campus, which virtually NEVER closes, even in the most