Dekio July 29th, 2015 4:39pm

Should the current average minimum wage of $7.25/hour be increased to the suggest living wage of $15/hour?

DeanGandley New York
07/31/15 9:11 am

HELL NO let the states decide their own minimum wages. Prices vary all across the country and each state has different prices some expensive some cheap instead of a nation wide minimum wage let the states make their own wages and no gov involvement

clawson Austin tx
07/29/15 11:04 am

The minimum wage should rise with inflation and cost of living. There will always be moochers and cheaters, but I'm curious why we always focus on the poor moochers and not the rich ones.

TierasPet
07/29/15 10:42 am

My instinct says no. There is evidence it's not a livable wage anyway because people are requesting a reduction in hours so they can still qualify for welfare benefits. However, I haven't researched it in any detail.

tsd715 New York City
07/29/15 1:26 pm

That info is from a Fox News report on a few unidentified vague cases that supposedly occured in Seattle. So...it's not true.

TierasPet
07/29/15 2:05 pm

Well, as I said, I'm not paying close attention to this issue right now. Also, the news reports are going both ways and there's no way to determine what the actual impact is going to be yet.

ImageAccess
07/30/15 1:33 am

tsd, I'm not Fox News. Not affiliated with, not employed by, not even remotely close to, Fox News.

That said, I have seen people game the system for welfare benefits. I've been in business for almost 18 years. It does happen.

ImageAccess
07/30/15 1:36 am

Now you have a face to point at and call a liar.

Someone real and not your fictitious boogeyman.

You should really try to look beyond your bitter hatred of the left/right paradigm.

TierasPet
07/30/15 4:09 am

I've seen my share of gaming too. :(

tsd715 New York City
07/30/15 5:41 am

I'm not saying it never happens, I'm saying it doesn't happen enough to prevent honest people from making a livable wage.