LochnessMonster Milky way
08/03/15 8:55 am

That is the most retarded thing I have read today. And a very bad poll over all seeing as there's no answer choice. So I will be downvoting and if I see another one like this I will unfollow and a third time will get an ignore. Thanks have a good day

mac Oregon
08/03/15 6:48 am

Please make a choice in polls- I took the check mark- while I believe there are a few gun owners fitting this descriptor, 99% of folks don't think or act like this. Please give choice in your polls rather than directed opinion :) have a good day!😀

smarttexan More Moderate Than U
08/03/15 5:01 am

What's frightening is we see this in some of our police.

07/29/15 3:37 pm

That's not at all accurate, and frankly ridiculous. One should never use a firearm unless it is a last resort. This post implies that people just haphazardly use them whenever they want. The overwhelming majority of gun owners are very responsible.

07/29/15 3:38 pm

Also, the polls with only one answer choice are getting old. I would encourage you to offer two opposing answers rather than try to push your viewpoint.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 5:02 pm

You're saying people don't ever just haphazardly use them whenever they want?

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 5:03 pm

With all due respect, criticizing other people's polls is getting a little old - I would encourage you to use the unfollow button liberally if you're not fond of anyone's postings - seems simpler that way.

07/29/15 5:21 pm

There are 270m firearms and 80m gun owners in the US. There are going to be idiots who use them inappropriately, but they don't represent a majority. In fact, I would argue that they are a very minuscule minority. Why generalize the entire population

07/29/15 5:22 pm

of gun owners that way? It's the same as saying black people are thugs. You're taking a small number of people and extrapolating their actions to a larger group that has nothing to do with it.

07/29/15 5:22 pm

It's hard to earn my follow and harder still to earn an unfollow once I'm following. I only follow people that I respect and who have shown intelligence and thoughtfulness in their polls and debate.

07/29/15 5:22 pm

Offering only a single option to push a viewpoint defeats the purpose of posting a poll, and runs contrary to those aforementioned qualities. With that in mind, if you want me to unfollow then I will now do so.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 6:02 pm

The purpose of posting a poll is subjective. If you don't agree with my purposes, I have no desire to justify them to you...an unfollow seems much easier. That way everybody wins.

07/29/15 6:13 pm

It seems to be. I would disagree, the definition of a poll is to "record the opinion" or to "get information about something." Telling people what they should think is in direct opposition to the definition.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 6:20 pm

So first you delineated the "purpose" of polls, and now you're identifying the denotation of them?

Rather bold for someone who's advocating not telling people how or what to think, Justin.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 6:23 pm

In any case, criticizing other people's polls is still rather passé. I wouldn't recommend it, as you're not going to get people to come around to your way of thinking and you're clearly not going to come around to theirs, so why bother?

07/29/15 6:45 pm

Constructive criticism is how you should see it, not criticism for the simple sake of it. I'm not telling you what to do or think, I enjoy polls that aren't explicitly in line with that definition. Polls in direct opposition to it though, that's a

07/29/15 6:47 pm

bit different. You're proposing only a single viewpoint for people, any other you deem inherently wrong by excluding them. I disagree with your position, but I am open to debate. You have my unfollow, though I will still debate where necessary.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 6:51 pm

"How you should see it"

^ yet another example of the point I was making. Thank you for your assistance in making it.

07/29/15 7:06 pm

You're just being difficult now, deliberately misrepresenting my statements. I was not telling you to see it that way; I was providing a delineation between two types of criticism, constructive and destructive. I was saying that my intention

07/29/15 7:06 pm

was the former not the latter as a clarification. I see now my faith in your intelligence and open mindedness was misplaced. You have your views and are unwilling to debate or have them challenged, much like the republicans you so often chastise.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 7:28 pm

LOL so because I disagree with you, now you're questioning my intellect?

This just gets better and better.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 7:30 pm

You seem rather flustered, Justin.

Calm down :)

07/29/15 7:38 pm

No, I don't question your intellect because you disagree with me, I couldn't care less about that. What I find annoying is your reliance on simple semantics to defend yourself and retaliate rather than actually addressing the topic.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 8:12 pm

So far, you've questioned my intellect and then tried to convince me I'm "retaliating" because I simply don't wish to explain myself to you (or anyone, for that matter). You're getting a little intense because you didn't like my addressing it by

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/29/15 8:13 pm

being indifferent to your complaint. That's going to happen sometimes, Justin. The world doesn't always respect your feelings in precisely the way you want it to. I suggest you don't react by lashing out.

07/29/15 8:38 pm

Haha, I don't care if you respect my feelings, nor like what I say, nor if we see a topic differently. You're twisting everything I've said to fit your own narrative. Yes, I insulted your intellect, and you've done little to prove my position on

07/29/15 8:39 pm

that incorrect. I offered a criticism that you're not open to other viewpoints and an opinion that I find it tiresome; you have not discussed the topic and instead have relied on pointing out semantics & accusing me of being emotionally over-invested

07/29/15 8:39 pm

in this conversation. I assure you I'm not. My intention was to appeal to the intellect I thought you possessed to alert you that you're falling into the same closed-minded positions you chastise others for; it is unnecessary and beneath you.

07/29/15 8:40 pm

To conclude, I really don't care very much. My "intense" interest in this conversation has simply been a mild amusement in pointing out a hypocrisy to occupy some time while bored. I'll be going now.

RebelProud Bungholio
07/29/15 11:12 am

Definitely truth to that statement about some people. I can't open carry, but I don't blame people who do around here at night. "Physical Confrontations" tend to be 5 people attacking one person alone. However, I don't think you need a gun to go to

RebelProud Bungholio
07/29/15 11:13 am

The grocery store in the middle of the afternoon.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
07/29/15 10:26 am

Completely 150% agree. 2A has become less about keeping your home safe, and more about fluffy white guys being afraid of blacks and latinos, but feeling tougher with their bushmasters and Glocks. Really pathetic.

Kimbobee the middle of nowhere
07/29/15 9:51 am

Just popping in to say that I like your profile pic. Carry on. 😊

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
07/29/15 9:18 am

I'm not sure it's confined to the darker corners. I believe this to be true of every open carry activist.

iMatter2 I Used to Love H.E.R.
07/29/15 8:57 am

This is very true in urban neighborhoods. Young men are so quick to shoot each other over any confrontation. I wonder if any of them know what having a black eye or sore jaw feels like...

Ru12bseen Ignoring the Ignorant
07/29/15 8:51 am

I would agree that those are the darker corners, for sure.