Freedom2016
08/09/15 1:37 am

Our government said he gave the info to our enemies. Although there is no proof of that. Is the American people the enemy

BenedictPius Pennsylvania
08/09/15 12:11 am

Just because what he leaked was popular does not mean it was right. Indeed it may have seriously hurt the country, and further leaks could further endanger us. The popularity of a crime should not mean he is innocent of the crime or it's punishment.

RadicalJack Anarcho Syndicalist
08/08/15 2:59 am

Yaa and give him the medal of Honor and let him leak more info.

KDog4792 Pennsylvania
08/07/15 8:29 am

He did stand up against our government, but he was doing what he thought was best for us, and all you people who said yes, 75% of you are all uninformed on the subject, we need to face the truth, our government is full of liars and terrible people

KDog4792 Pennsylvania
08/07/15 8:30 am

I misread all you people who said no are uninformed,

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/01/15 10:21 am

It's Obamas & Bushes fault he did it. I know both Republicans and Democrats think that tired shit. Now that I got that out of my system, I really don't see what he did? Expose that the government was spying on who? I half pay attention to the

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/01/15 10:26 am

News anyways it's too depressing. I'm too depressed already. I don't need anymore negative crap. I couldn't understand the deal with Julian Assange, either. Was it the same? Patriot act/NSA?

Patriotzero USA
07/31/15 10:55 am

He'll no. Traitor.

KDog4792 Pennsylvania
08/07/15 8:32 am

You are taking the governments side! They are running us into the ground you uninformed couch potato piece of s***

RemoverOfKebab Oklahoma
07/30/15 6:57 pm

I wish there was a "I don't care" option

CAModerate California
07/30/15 5:30 pm

Waterboard his ass and stick him in a cold, dark cell for the rest of his life.

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:16 am

I guess you just hate other people's privacy, dontcha?

09/10/15 12:12 pm

What I would hate more is dying

MarketSocialist
09/10/15 12:21 pm

Then you feel free to give up YOUR privacy.

09/10/15 12:24 pm

Either that or possibly die in an attack. I'm ok with giving up privacy. It's not like my information will be made public. It's just gonna be analyzed and then forgotten. I don't see what's so bad

MarketSocialist
09/10/15 12:33 pm

So YOU give up your privacy Delta, nobody's stopping you.

09/10/15 12:34 pm

I did. We all have. As long as the information isn't going public, I couldn't care less

MarketSocialist
09/10/15 12:35 pm

My privacy was taken from me without a choice. Also, whether it's public or not is irrelevamt

Rohdewarrior
07/30/15 4:29 am

There should be no need of a pardon as there should never have been a conviction. Whistleblowers deserve a protected status when performing a patriotic duty.

GoTBRays
07/30/15 9:03 am

Why disrespect U.S Soldiers who fight for you.

huskermedic Cincinnati
07/31/15 5:42 am

I agree he should get whistle blower status, but would like to see some kind of punishment. He went about this the wrong way.

Introspection
07/29/15 11:55 pm

I cant believe this is a 60/40 split. This man did more for the freedom of the American people than any soldier did in the last 60 years.

corino Utah
07/29/15 9:16 pm

Someone explain all the republicans running to Obama's defense on this one and D calling the R tinfoil hat wearing racist conspiracy theorists in all other cases.

ParaguasPato Columbus GA
07/29/15 7:03 pm

As long as he's kept from ever doing this again. From another country he potentially could.

bigmac2016
07/29/15 5:51 pm

He should be considered a hero by liberals and cons alike. If we don't pardon whistleblowers how will we ever have transparency? He did break the law but only to stop other more detrimental illegal action. He gave up his life for us. Hero to me.

anthonymcfadden manassas va
07/29/15 1:41 pm

I don't know anything about what he did and I've never heard of him so I just said yes

Congressman Louisiana
07/29/15 2:25 pm

How the fuck old are you?

Striker1435 Texas
07/29/15 4:15 pm

I didn't know they still made house-sized rocks for people to live under.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:30 pm

Also, it is silly the government calls him a 'coward'. You have a right to asylum. He chose Russia not to share secrets - that's not his goal - but to share the truth, and they actually let him stay.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:20 pm

He is also a very genuine, good intentioned, likeable guy. Just watch his interviews and read his Reddit AMA.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:18 pm

Yes! He is a hero, a patriot.

No one should be punished for exposing wrongdoings as gross as the government and NSA were doing.

07/29/15 12:56 pm

He's an American hero. He exposed government officials breaking the constitutional law

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:19 pm

Not only do I support Ed Snowden, but I am 100 per cent against the death penalty.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:20 pm

ArceusBlitz Left wing Libertarian
07/29/15 11:55 am

I don't understand what he's done wrong. I think he's great

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
07/29/15 10:07 am

It's sad that we're debating whether to pardon the person who brought to light the spying on American citizens, and not the people who did the spying and allowed it to happen. You get in more trouble for being a whistleblower than spying on everyone.

07/29/15 11:48 am

Also if u take millions of documents with u to Russia then maybe that's treasonous

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:21 pm

He's not compromising national security and he's not actually showing them to the Russian government.

07/29/15 5:18 pm

Are you dumb? According to the "outdated" fourth amendment, warrants are legal, because they require someone to have suspicion of you committing a crime. You are dense

07/29/15 5:21 pm

But they aren't guilty!! Whatever could prove that they r guilty might be in their house so u don't know yet if they r guilty! So warrants r illegal aren't they?

07/29/15 8:06 am

He's an American hero

07/29/15 11:48 am

More like traitor. He deserves to be put on trial

krayzewolf New Hampshire
07/29/15 12:24 pm

Actually it was our own government who betrayed us. They were the traitors to our laws. It was Snowden who exposed them. He should receive a full pardon.

07/29/15 5:00 pm

What? The laws that were made 250 years ago? The ones that aren't adequate to protect us today?

07/29/15 5:05 pm

Ah, here we go with the moronic response saying the Constitution is old and shouldn't apply to today blah blah blah. Piss off

07/29/15 5:08 pm

And here we go with the naive little ultra-constitutionalist who believes we could be safe "as long as we follow the rules that our founding fathers set for us". Maybe u should piss off

07/29/15 5:09 pm

And I never said the full constitution. Just certain parts. The fourth amendment

07/29/15 5:10 pm

Right, we don't need privacy. Why would anybody need that

07/29/15 5:12 pm

Calm down. It's not like ur information is going public. Just to an analyst who examines it for terror related things and will move on when they find out ur innocent. Is that bad for u? R u honestly scared of that?

07/29/15 5:14 pm

Legally, j am innocent until proven guilty, therefore you cannot illegally search me. My illegally searching me, you are assuming guilt before innocence

07/29/15 5:17 pm

So that means getting a warrant to search a suspects house is unconstitutional? Doesn't it?

07/29/15 5:19 pm

Hey guess what? Legally you cannot spy on someone inless you know that they are a terrorist but logically you can't know if they are a terrorist unless you spy on them. It's a circle. Where do u start?

07/29/15 5:21 pm

That's not true at all. You and I both know that

07/29/15 5:22 pm

How's it not true? Please explain

07/29/15 5:23 pm

You don't need to know for 100% fact they're a terrorist, you just need probable cause.

07/29/15 8:09 pm

National security. Maybe they were in the same resturaunt as a known possible terrorist. Maybe bcuz they visit the same mosque as him. They could be in the neighborhood of the terrorist. If lives can be saved then y is your privacy so important?

07/29/15 8:10 pm

My rights trump all. That's why they're in the Constitution, so people don't think it's excusable to write them off

07/29/15 8:13 pm

Your right to privacy triumphs the lives of fellow innocent people who could die? R u really that selfish? But if u r a terrorist then of course u would think like this bcuz if u don't do anything wrong u have nothing to worry about.

07/29/15 8:14 pm

I don't know about u but I would be ok with a program that infiltrates my privacy if it stops a dirty bomb from going off in a crowded area or something

07/29/15 8:15 pm

They clearly do Trump those lives, that's why it's in the Constitution, you know, the document our country was built on. Doesn't matter if I'm hiding anything, I have my right to privacy

07/29/15 8:15 pm

I wouldn't. Because my rights are my rights. Quit acting stupid

07/29/15 8:17 pm

Quit acting selfish and naive. I want u to give me a good reason for y it's bad for your privacy to be infiltrated if it saves lives. Don't just say "bcuz it's my constitutional rights" bcuz that's not an answer

07/29/15 8:18 pm

Because it's my Constitutional right. That's a perfectly good answer. How isn't it? Where does it say in the Constitution that it's ok to lose rights in the name of "saving lives"

07/29/15 8:24 pm

U mean that document that was written 250 years ago? If we follow that fourth amendment word for word the terrorists will have cells all across America. I think it's ok to curb one amendment especially if innocent lives r at stake.

07/29/15 8:25 pm

If u don't agree then u r being selfish bcuz u care about ur own privacy rights. Not the privacy rights of others. Ur own privacy rights over innocent lives

07/29/15 8:26 pm

That's how it's a bad answer.

07/29/15 8:26 pm

I care about every single Americans privacy rights. Yours, mine, everybody's

07/29/15 8:28 pm

So you probably feel gun control is a good thing because it could save lives, and the document is worthless

07/29/15 8:32 pm

No u don't. U don't even care about people's lives whether they die or not. No way ur gonna care about their rights. And gun control is bad bcuz people need to defend themselves against robbers. The police can't in time. So gun rights save lives.

07/29/15 8:36 pm

But the document is 250 years old, by you logic i t should be taken away. You have a severe Cass of cognitive dissonance. You think the Constitution is too old to use in case of the 4th amendment, but the second is OK.

07/29/15 8:50 pm

That's not my logic. Taking the constitution away is something I would fight against bcuz that's what gives way for a tyranny and I know both of us won't stand For that. I'm just saying that the fourth amendment is not capable of allowing counter

07/29/15 8:51 pm

terrorism officials protect us. The people can use their second amendment to protect themselves so that's where it's ok. The people can't use the fourth amendment to protect themselves. It's not like the people spy on the terrorists. What good is

07/29/15 8:51 pm

fourth amendment if ur dead?

07/29/15 8:52 pm

I think it's better to have someone look over ur shoulder in order to protect u them it is to die in a terrorist attack

07/29/15 8:57 pm

It certainly is your logic. And tell me how the hell you're against government tyranny, yet you don't give a single care that they can spy? That's the definition of tyranny. It protects me from an overbearing government

07/29/15 9:19 pm

All they r doing is watching us!!! Nothing else!! We both know it!! There isn't any other motive! It's to keep us safe! Tyrannical is when democracy is suspended and soldiers r allowed to shoot law breakers on sight. That's comedy different then

07/29/15 9:19 pm

having the NSA spy on us. A tyrannical government wants to increase their power and oppress the people so that's y they violate ALL the amendments. The NSA is violating the fourth amendment, not to control or oppress us, but to keep us safe.

07/29/15 9:20 pm

I said "that's comedy different". It's supposed to be "completely different".

07/29/15 9:20 pm

Why would you ever believe the government is doing whats in your best interest? Why not let them ban guns, if they feel it will help us? Government knows what's best for our safety I guess

07/29/15 9:22 pm

You are increasing power with unlimited spying. You literally told me taking guns is tyrannical, then told me it isn't tyrannical to spy because they aren't shooting people in streets who committed crimes. Smfh

07/29/15 9:28 pm

I think it's certain politicians who don't work in our best interest. Not the NSA which is made up of young analysts who want to keep their country safe even though they don't get paid much. The NSA knows how to protect us and they r doing that. A

07/29/15 9:29 pm

FINE job I might add. And I meant taking guns from the people is tyrannical. They need to protect themselves against criminals on their property. The police can't do that from the station. But the NSA is protecting the people. There's not evil motive

07/29/15 9:29 pm

that they could possibly have. "Oh I'm spying on this guy. Now I'm in control of his life" is BS. All the r doing is watching us and that's not so bad as long as they r protecting us. It's not like spying on us means killing us. Don't be naive.

07/29/15 9:30 pm

Sheeple like you are the reason governments are able to become tyrannical

07/29/15 9:33 pm

Naive anti-government freaks like u are what leads to terrorism. I can't believe u naive people r more scared of a patriotic NSA analyst then u r off a bomb going off in ur street

07/29/15 9:34 pm

And the level of selfishness u guys have is unbearable

07/29/15 9:35 pm

You claim to be all for the people when its the second amendment, but not the fourth lmfao. Why couldn't they stop the Boston bomber? Or the Texas shooting where the police stopped it on the scene? Or anything ever happening post 9/11

07/29/15 9:39 pm

The Boston bomber and the Texas shooter weren't coordinating with a foreign terrorist group. No it was a lone wolf and they didn't communicate their plans by technology. How exactly an the NSA stop them? We haven't see any other attacks by foreign

07/29/15 9:39 pm

terror groups now have we?

07/29/15 9:40 pm

Was their ever another large scale attack? No their wasn't there's a reason for that.

07/29/15 9:42 pm

Well actually our governemtn had been warned about the bombers way ahead of time, and the shooter was in direct connection with ISIS, so try again

07/29/15 9:44 pm

How were they warned? Did they know that the attack was gonna happen of that certain date in boston and the finish line? They knew all that?

07/29/15 9:47 pm

No, they had been warned they were terrorists, so if the safety loving godlings at the NSA bad any sense in their skull, wouldn't they spy on them? Or they too occupied on random citizens who are innocent?

07/29/15 9:49 pm

One attack that they couldn't stop. Only one. That made them stronger. Besides Boston I haven't seen any other attack by a foreign terror group. Have u?

07/29/15 9:51 pm

The shooter. And since they're spying on everyone they should catch it right? Or maybe it's a waste of breaking the Constitution. You have a mental illness. You excuse breaking the Constitution only when you see fit. That's why we have the Constituti

07/29/15 9:51 pm

So it isn't when some random numbnuts sees fits, its all the time, any time

07/29/15 9:55 pm

The shooter was lone wolf. They were inspired by ISIS so we couldn't have done anything. And so many plots have been uncovered. U see reports of people being charged with trying to commit an act of terror. The U.S. would be scarier without the NSA.

07/30/15 8:34 am

Just because their bomb fails, never because the NSA. Dangerous freedom > tyrannical safety. That's why I oppose anything against the Constitution, unlike you. All you do is cherrypick what you like and don't like about the Constitution

gatsbyxxv
07/29/15 7:43 am

Hell NO, he committed espionage, he committed treason, he's a traitor to the United States? There is a significant between a "whistler blower" and a traitor. I don't understand why that is so difficult for some to understand.

07/29/15 8:04 am

Did he.......what info did he hand over to a foreign country or power .......a "rush to judgement" does no one any good.......

gatsbyxxv
07/29/15 8:10 am

If you have to ask, then you have no idea what damage he caused to the U.S. and allies. And where is he now, RUSSIA. Do you really think he's there are a guest of Putin or being used for the information he stole. That's called treason.

07/29/15 8:39 am

If you can say it, then you can put forth your proof to back it up, otherwise, it is mere conjecture based on shear imagination......."Show me .....us, the proof".........

gatsbyxxv
07/29/15 9:36 am

Proof, is that supposed to mean something or is it a copout.Read, listen, and understand the ramifications of his actions.I enjoy intelligent discussions even from those who may not agree.But I don't have the patience or time to waste on the mundane.

07/29/15 9:50 am

Act as thought we're from Missouri......"The show me State".....Well.......show me.....us!, and outside of that, just words.....like from the media......All talk, no substance!........

07/29/15 10:08 am

"Mundane"......so what your not saying is," You Have Nothing!?"....

GenericProfile Custom Tags Are Gay
07/29/15 10:39 am

There is no such thing as treason against a tyrannical government. Exposing the government for its lies should be encouraged. Saying he's a "traitor" for it means you have blind patriotism for your country, which is retarded.

07/29/15 11:57 am

The government was doing it for a good reason. And giving out our secrets to Russia for asylum isn't traitorous at all, right?

07/29/15 12:09 pm

How about you produce some physical evidence to support your position.......We know nothing of certain......just bit and pieces........

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:23 pm

It was for no good reason. It violates the constitution and didn't even stop any terrorist attacks.

07/29/15 1:26 pm

Exactly how do you know that? R u the director of the NSA? Those facts r classified probably bcuz if they release information of how they stopped the attacks then the terrorists would switch tactics. There was no big attack on the U.S. after 9/11.

07/29/15 1:27 pm

HOW do u explain that? The terrorists who think of us as infidels and yell "death to America" just lost the motivation? No! They were stopped by the NSA who monitored their communications

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:35 pm

Look it up. They even said it didn't stop any terrorist attacks.

07/29/15 1:39 pm

Ok let's be honest. The government might not be the most constitutional but I think we can agree that they aren't idiots. They wouldn't keep a hundred billion dollar program if it hasn't stopped a single attack. They would close it and the money

07/29/15 1:39 pm

WOULD go to some other place where the politicians would want it to go. Obviously it's successful. Another reason is that there hasn't been a major terrorist attack since 9/11. What does that tell u??

07/29/15 1:45 pm

I'm sorry I'm having a bit of a problem distinguishing the new norm......terrorism and the new domestic terrorism........"?".......

07/29/15 1:47 pm

What do u mean "the new domestic terrorism"?

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
07/29/15 4:56 pm

Except there have been terrorist attacks since 9/11. The NSA director lied under oath that they weren't collecting data on innocent Americans when they were.

07/29/15 4:59 pm

Obviously he's not gonna tell the truth. He can't go public about the extent of the program. I would to. And there hasn't been a major attack since 9/11. The terrorists would adapt. R u saying that ur mad that they lied about the program?

07/29/15 5:25 pm

You kidding......they now call it "work place violence" now......."Unreal!"......

07/29/15 8:09 pm

What u mean they call it work place violence?

iceberg124
07/29/15 7:39 am

Absolutely not until he sees a judge

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
07/29/15 6:58 am

Let the Russians have him.
No re-entry to the U.S. w/ out being in handcuffs. I say that this is his choice.

corino Utah
07/29/15 7:10 pm

Not sure how he'll get back without a passport.

CUbencarson
07/29/15 6:10 am

He exposed national secrets that had nothing to do with NSA spying- because of that he is a traitor

makem Chinese Xinjiang Camp
07/29/15 6:31 am

Yes, but let's get him out of Russia first. If some "unfortunate accident" happens to him afterwards, then so be it.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/29/15 1:24 pm

Fun fact: the Pirate Party in Iceland put up a proposal where they would make Ed Snowden an Icelandic citizen.

Liberty 4,032,064
07/29/15 5:55 am

Absolutely. He's a true hero.

07/29/15 12:01 pm

He's a traitor who gave secrets to our number one geopolitical enemy

Liberty 4,032,064
07/29/15 12:16 pm

What secrets did he give and to whom did he give them?
The only secrets I've seen are ones that the federal government was keeping from the people.

Liberty 4,032,064
07/29/15 2:46 pm

The article just says that he made that government aware of attacks against it by the federal government.

croopertrooper Greater Cincinnati Area
07/29/15 4:59 pm

You should read the articles you post delta

07/29/15 5:02 pm

I did. He exposed our methods on how we r combating China in cyber warfare. There wasn't any need to do that. He also took an oath of confidentiality. That should be reason enough. For all we know he's a Russian spy. He's there isn't he?

07/29/15 5:03 pm

I don't think he's a Russian spy but these r still treasonous actions

Liberty 4,032,064
07/29/15 5:57 pm

Good. If you're spying on other people, then I'd hope your methods were exposed and stopped. You shouldn't be spying on others anyway.

rambo088 kansas
07/29/15 5:52 am

"He's a traitor"-sheeple

07/29/15 6:05 am

And gov. is not, for betraying it's own?..........."huh!"..........

iceberg124
07/29/15 7:42 am

-Sheeple "Snowden had no political goal and he leaked American foreign intelligence for the good of American secrets"

iceberg124
07/29/15 7:42 am

Citizens**

rambo088 kansas
07/29/15 9:14 am

Yeah, he totally risked his wonderful life with his family just for political goals. Try again, retard.

rambo088 kansas
07/29/15 9:16 am

>implying the nsa collects data for the good of the citizens

07/29/15 9:26 am

What about your very own elected gov.........they violate the laws and Constitution daily, with the slightest hesitation.......do they also not deserve the "traitorous" title and crown?........

iceberg124
07/29/15 10:28 am

He and Glenn Greenwald were conspiring for days in Hong Kong before he went to Russia. They had created the Ed Snowden, painted him as some badass dodging the NSA and out overlords. Snowden had hurt our country economically, foreign relations,

iceberg124
07/29/15 10:33 am

Our security. They spread misinformation in a tactical manner to harm the U.S. As much as possible. When they leaked NSA tapped Merkels phone why didn't they say the German intelligence agency was dependent on the NSA? He's a martyr for the cyberpunk

iceberg124
07/29/15 10:35 am

Movement and nothing more. Not to say that revealing the domestic spying was a bad thing, I think it's better there is a reform but to seriously think this was not an attack meant to harm the U.S. As much as possible you are naive. Wouldn't be

iceberg124
07/29/15 10:35 am

Surprised if Assange was whispering in his ear

07/29/15 10:44 am

They were conspiring to what.......write a book and reveal a true story of corruption and untold illegal act committed by a devious and evil organization......oh, that right the organization has a name......"The United States gov."

iceberg124
07/29/15 11:05 am

Most of what the NSA did was not illegal. They were conspiring how to editorialize Snowden and make him a cult hero. He was a disgruntled employee, no one special. He would have been a traitor to everyone if he didn't have Professional journalists

iceberg124
07/29/15 11:08 am

Snowden is a coward whose words mean nothin as he sits on Putins lap continuing to parrot his outdated critique of the NSA. If he really believes in his cause he would face trial and let the courts decide his fate

07/29/15 11:20 am

I disagree.......If what the gov was not illegal than why this past week did they stop funding that part of what Snowden revealed?....the mass collection meta data. ......You may dislike the messenger, but do not negate the message due to the .....

07/29/15 11:21 am

Messenger.........

rambo088 kansas
07/29/15 11:25 am

"The nsa did nothing illegal" while that is true, it is unconstitutional as fuck. He's a coward for doing the right thing and not getting life in prison? Lol ok. America's disregard for privacy whether it is international or within the nation needed

rambo088 kansas
07/29/15 11:26 am

To be opened to the eyes of the American public, without Snowden, it would've taken longer.

iceberg124
07/29/15 11:27 am

I agree that it was not right but if was a grey area in the patriot act. It was ruled illegal a month or two ago

jlheathfam
07/29/15 5:44 am

People still misunderstand. The govt never did "spy" on average citizens. They did listen to conversations between US citizens and overseas terror groups. Still a violation, but clearly not what many of you think.

jlheathfam
07/29/15 5:46 am

Also, almost none of what he stole\leaked had anything to do with that (because he simply spilled everything he could get his hands on). A hero doesn't act vindictive and whiny. He could have been a hero, he simply isn't.

jlheathfam
07/29/15 5:48 am

And yes, you can be pardoned pre conviction avoiding any trial.

07/29/15 6:08 am

Did FISA authorize those intrusions by warrant or by word of mouth, saying they followed the the law or was this prior to being exposed for the slimy rats they are?........

johnnycub Bronx
07/29/15 5:43 am

Unless I'm mistaken, he tried to talk to his supervisors but they ignored him. He also wanted to go to Ecuador but was stuck in Russia because the U.S. revoked his passport. Snowden exposed the unconstitutional actions of the government.

07/29/15 1:30 pm

The 250 year old constitution doesn't allow the government to adequately protect us with the modern day threats. Sorry but that's the truth. And he also gave secrets to Russia and China

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:24 am

Delta, feel free to share all your information with the government. You have NO RIGHT to dictate who can see MY information, regardless of whether you vpte it into legislation or not.

07/31/15 9:41 am

And u have no right to allow my family to die just bcuz ur so selfish that u can't show ur information to someone who's protecting us. I would rather turn in my information to someone who will check it and move on then I would allow a bomb to go off.

07/31/15 9:45 am

It just sickens me too how low u guys r. U would let thousands (maybe millions) of innocent civilians die then u would turn over ur texts u had with ur girlfriend. What's worse for the country? People like u don't care for the constitutional rights

07/31/15 9:45 am

OF all. Hell u don't even care for the lives of others bcuz u would rather them die so there's no way u care for their rights.

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:46 am

I have a right to "allow" anything I want. Inaction is not a crime.

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:47 am

Emotional appeals will not work on me. My rights over your dead.

07/31/15 9:47 am

And I have a right to live. Living isn't a crime either

07/31/15 9:48 am

That's bcuz ur selfish. U don't care about rights of all. Just rights of urself.

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:49 am

You do not have a right to live. You have a right to your property, which consists of your body and anything else you have in your name.

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 9:50 am

You are the one trying to take away my righys, don't give me shit about being selfish, if anything, you are the selfish one because you want to use the state to take away everyone's rights for your own morals.

07/31/15 9:54 am

Who said anything about taking ur rights?! I was just saying one of our rights isn't capable of protecting us. Not all of them. We aren't losing all our rights idiot. For my own morals? No it's not "for my own morals". I don't want another terrorist

07/31/15 9:54 am

attack to happen so I'm ok with amending the FOURTH AMENDMENT, not all our rights, in order to keep us all safe. That's not selfish at all. It's u who is selfish.

07/31/15 9:55 am

"MY rights over your dead". U just said that. That's selfish thinking and u know. And u said "MY rights". Not "our rights"

MarketSocialist
07/31/15 10:15 am

1. You want to take away the people's right to uninfringed privacy without a warrant...
2. For your own morals. You value safety over the right to privacy.
3. Thus, you are taking away other people's rights for your own reasons - selfishness.

PoliticalMemes Liberty
07/29/15 5:36 am

Republicans "I hate our government" republicans "Snowden betrayed OUR GOVERNMENT?! KILL THE TRAIOR!!!"

joeschmos Indiana
07/29/15 7:01 am

However at least republicans can spell

rons WOKE is sick
07/29/15 5:10 am

Pardoned for steal confidential government secrets. He was never convicted how can he be pardoned. But you never know with Obama.

07/31/15 10:06 am

Remember what by choice, you forfeit, many gave the "Ultimate Devotion" to obtain and achieve......We are just the custodians entrusted to maintain and safeguard for the future generations........

rons WOKE is sick
07/31/15 10:23 am

I think he's a traitor an hope he enjoys his Dacha in Siberia.

07/29/15 4:33 am

Had he not exposed the gov. for the rats they are, we may not have known about it, are you comfortable knowing the rats are spying on you or anyone without "Due Process" of law.....further, you hold Snowden to a ethical level, why not you elected....

07/29/15 4:35 am

gov.?......"A man only has those rights he can defend!"..........

07/29/15 4:46 am

There, "We only have those rights we can defend!".......

07/29/15 1:31 pm

The government is made of rats? U know the people in the NSA r actually good people. They don't hack into our lives for fun. They do it to protect us so stop being so scared of nothing.

07/29/15 1:40 pm

Not if people continue to accept just any excuse for the continuing decay and total disregard for our guarantees and protections......you want to talk about ethics and honor and integrity.....certainly you do not....look at what you defend........

07/29/15 1:43 pm

There's only one constitutional amendment that they r "violating". That also to protect us. Not to oppress us. We aren't losing our liberties. Please stop being so scared of a non existent government threat. Only privacy is going away. Nothing else.

07/30/15 5:57 am

If that is not the single most greatest cop outs I have every heard.........You are dead wrong, "it's only one amendment their breaking," So, gov violating the supreme law of the land is okay, because it is only one amendment their violating right?..

07/31/15 9:56 am

Would u rather die in a terrorist attack along with thousands, maybe millions others, or would u allow ur secret texts to be checked my someone who doesn't care what they say as long as they stop an attack

JGTheMan Here
07/29/15 4:28 am

He had avenues to blow the whistle without defecting to Russia of all places for God's sake. He's gotta face the consequences of his actions.

Certified Trans Jew Nerd
07/29/15 7:52 am

He went to Russia because they are one of the few people who don't have an extradition treaty with us.

AP35
07/29/15 9:01 am

He was also using Russia as a conduit, got stuck when we revoked his passport. Kinda limits ones options at that point.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
07/29/15 3:39 am

While I agree with what he did...he still violated his contract and used his Secret clearance improperly.

He knew what he was doing and knew there would be consequences.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/29/15 3:44 am

^^ exactly.

He violated a many laws and regulations in the process. Actions have consequences.

Lukester32
07/29/15 5:36 am

He didn't know shit would get this deep when he signed the dotted line.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
07/29/15 1:43 pm

Then he should have quit. He was just ADP...you have to be able to trust those guys.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/29/15 3:24 pm

He stole data from the Gov. He's in IT, he knew exactly what that meant.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/29/15 6:59 pm

If my annual training covers human trafficking, I'm sure stealing data is cover very well! Data, safe keeping, etc its all part of OPSEC which is an annual training contractors and gov employees take in the DoD.

Lukester32
07/29/15 8:34 pm

Lol k u ppl are so delusional
Have another sip of uncle Sam's kool aid

Panterek Bangkok has me now
07/29/15 2:56 am

Wow so much ignorance in this thread. Sheep you all are.

Handstand .
07/29/15 7:52 am

Please enlighten us with truth!

Congressman Louisiana
07/29/15 2:04 am

He's the hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

smacc DunningKruger
07/28/15 11:50 pm

I'm not sure. He exposed things that needed to be but others he should not have. Spying on us yes, on others no. Also, did he come upon this information in the course of his work or did he go looking for it?

JHawk3205 MD
07/28/15 11:24 pm

I think a confederate statue should be removed, from wherever, and the metal reconstituted to make a statue of something like burning money, and phone tapping, so we can look back on the patriot act in the same regrettable way as the confederates..

Drpaulitics San Diego, CA
07/28/15 11:03 pm

Anyone who exposes the corruption of government should be recognized as a hero.

4boot LaTrineodeur, MN
07/28/15 10:59 pm

Pardoned and given the Medal of Freedom and Nobel Peace Prize...

evan2048 Michigan
07/28/15 10:32 pm

Rand Paul 2016

evan2048 Michigan
07/29/15 9:35 am

No no no. Two first term senators would not be good going up against Hillary. I'm thinking Susana Martinez. Popular governor of a swing-state, woman, latino. Maybe Carson, maybe Kasich, but I think someone not a white male would do the ticket good.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/28/15 10:28 pm

They cut loose an actual despicable spy who was working against us today, you'd think they'd be willing to pardon a guy who was actually on our side.

rons WOKE is sick
07/29/15 5:12 am

What was he convicted of to be pardoned? And who would pardon him?

Zod Above Pugetropolis
07/29/15 6:23 am

Snowden hasn't been convicted of anything yet, but he could be pardoned in advance to preclude prosecution. Like what Ford did for Nixon. Or be granted amnesty. Pollard was convicted and sentenced to life without a trial, based on a guilty plea.

rons WOKE is sick
07/29/15 8:01 am

Maybe he likes his Dacha from the Gulag in Siberia. Hunting, fishing, animals, nice and quite!

Brandon1995 San Francisco
07/28/15 10:10 pm

He put our country's national security in jeopardy. Lock him up.

Vayl Reason over common sense
07/28/15 10:15 pm

No he didn't. He exposed the government for violating the 4th amendment.

evan2048 Michigan
07/28/15 10:28 pm

booooooooo he put the increasing powers of a constitution-trampling federal government in jeopardy. He's a true statesman

JHawk3205 MD
07/28/15 11:21 pm

National security wasnt any better before he exposed the massive phone tapping. Hell, even the NSA admitted the program cost too much money and effort, and yielded pretty much no results.

Congressman Louisiana
07/29/15 1:58 am

I'm beginning to think Brandon is secretly Diane Feinstein...

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/28/15 10:10 pm

People like him should be revered as heroes while liars and war criminals like Bush and Cheney should be prosecuted for orchestrating the deaths of thousands of Americans

andy465 Guitar Center
07/28/15 10:03 pm

He should be given an award

cdukarm colorado
07/28/15 10:02 pm

Part of my duty as federal employee is to follow orders but I have also sworn to guard and protect the freedoms in the constitution. Should I be in a position where those 2 conflict I should side with the constitution, as I feel snowmen did.

EquaISideEcon more conservative than u
07/28/15 10:45 pm

I completely disagree when faced with a challenge snowmen just completely melted the heat and made a bad decision

rons WOKE is sick
07/29/15 5:13 am

Pardoned for what. What was he convicted of?

Spiritof76 USA 1776
07/28/15 9:23 pm

Pardoned along with a ticker-tape parade, a dedicated monument in DC, and be the first in line to smash the servers that collected all that data from us.