Shazam July 27th, 2015 6:03am

Today, Huckabee said President Obama is marching Israelis "to the door of the oven" by agreeing to the Iran nuclear deal. Is this more or less offensive than anything Trump has said so far?

Libertarian1776
07/27/15 11:18 pm

Everyone wants to be offended...

07/28/15 7:11 am

Right...everyone is just weak, nothing offensive can ever be said... We both know that's false

timeout Boston Strong
07/27/15 2:13 pm

I'm not even Jewish and I find it offensive. A very poor choice of words.

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
07/27/15 12:12 pm

It isn't really offensive, it is just really freaking stupid and inaccurate...

bringstheeagle Colorado
07/27/15 11:27 am

More offensive and dumber too I think.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/27/15 11:08 am

Poor judgment is the order of the day for almost everybody in the GOP clown car.

Wooperth Blue Dog Democrat
07/27/15 10:34 am

Trump was speaking the truth about illegal aliens. Huckabee made a poorly thought out allusion.

palindrome California
07/27/15 11:12 am

You must be kidding

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
07/27/15 11:50 am

Mexican immigrants are among the hardest-working people in America.

I'd prefer one of them to 5 lazy, entitled, redneck Americans.

DonWichita Kansas
07/27/15 10:31 am

Less offensive & more true.

kspells TheOtherOtherside
07/27/15 9:48 am

We have a incredibly active & strong military commitment to Israel.An attack on Israel will be seen & defended as an attack on the U.S. If Trump can't grasp this basic concept he cannot be commander & Chief.4 his comment, he deserves the gas chamber

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
07/27/15 9:54 am

KS - the quote was from Huckabee.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
07/27/15 8:47 am

Haha wow. Like what? Trying to get headlines much? That's just crazy. It's definitely in the same ballpark as Trump.

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
07/27/15 8:21 am

This guy's head is so far up his own ass that he thought it'd be a good idea to highlight this quote on his Facebook page

m.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/photos/pb.6934857868.-2207520000.1438010364./10153154242152869/?type=1&source=54

tsd715 New York City
07/27/15 6:54 am

More offensive to me personally since I'm Jewish and Trump hasn't said anything anti-Semitic (yet). Really, it's offensive whenever a gentile tries to speak for the Jewish people.

tsd715 New York City
07/27/15 6:54 am

Christians like Huckabee would like Jews to think the only reason we are so successful in America is because of the goodwill and generosity of Christians.

tsd715 New York City
07/27/15 6:55 am

However, we were successful because we worked hard and, on fact, overcame more anti Semitism here, in some cases, then we did in Europe. Also we have the highest average IQ of any ethnic, religious, or racial group in the world at 110.

palindrome California
07/27/15 11:14 am

IQ doesn't really measure anything regarding how you'll perform in life.

tsd715 New York City
07/27/15 4:25 pm

I know, but it's something to be proud of.

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/27/15 6:49 am

What's offensive about what Huckleberry said?

jvberg Winter has Come
07/27/15 9:45 am

Something Jewish people walking to ovens? Bring back some memories about what happened to Jewish people 70 years ago?

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/27/15 9:49 am

Jews should be more worried about Obama giving Iran a nuclear bomb.

jvberg Winter has Come
07/27/15 9:50 am

Iran isn't going to get a bomb and I'm going to leave it at that. Read the agreement is all I'm going to say

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/27/15 9:52 am

Yes they will and Obama gave it to terrorists that want to wipe Israel off of the map. So what is the big about what Huckleberry said?

s4mm1 MD SLP
07/27/15 12:06 pm

Hitler also sighed an agreement that he wouldn't invade any nations after Czechoslovakia. I'm glad he didn't end up invading other nations like he agreed!

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/27/15 6:54 pm

Cowboy, I'm totally against the Iran deal, both as an American and a Jew.

I don't like what Huck said, for all the reasons mattwall1 said below. I could reiterate, but Matt said it well.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/27/15 6:55 pm

It's a couple of threads down, in the thread started by ronderman.

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/27/15 7:28 pm

I don't care what Matt said. Huckleberry was right. There's absolutely nothing offensive about it.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/27/15 7:35 pm

Cowboy, it's exploiting the Holocaust for political points.

I agree 100% on Huckabee's position on the Iran deal. I just don't like the way he said it.

The only reason I mentioned Matt is that he had already said it, but I feel the same way.

07/28/15 7:08 am

Cowboy-I'm nowhere near convinced this is a good deal (at the same time, the geopolitical realist ones seem to make it the only possible deal, and a better scenario than rejecting it), or that Iran will magically become nice and friendly. That

07/28/15 7:10 am

Doesn't excuse Mike Hukcabee's politicization of the Holocaust or the implied comparison of the President to Hitler and any supporters of the deal to the Nazi's. All that does is make it clear Huckabee sees the victims only as political pawns-and

07/28/15 7:10 am

That should be offensive to anyone with a conscience

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/28/15 8:39 am

What huckleberry said was the truth. The truth is often offensive to most people. And those people need to grow up.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/28/15 8:42 am

So, I guess I need to "grow up." No thanks, cowboy, I'm pretty mature already.

By the way, why do you keep calling him huckleberry? The name is Huckabee.

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/28/15 8:47 am

People are focused on huckleberry when they should be worried about Barry working on giving terrorists, that want to wipe Israel and us off of the map, nuclear weapons. It's so ridiculous.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/28/15 8:51 am

I am worried about Obama, as well! Why can't it be both?

07/28/15 9:09 am

Cowboy, it's possible to be worried about multiple things at once, or at least it is for most people. It's possible say "I think the Iran deal is a mistake" or "The Iran deal should be completely rejected", as well as any other view on the issue, and

07/28/15 9:10 am

Still be able to say "Huckabee comparing Obama to Hitler, anyone that supports the deal to the Nazis, and making Holocaust victims pawns of his political game is offensive and wrong." Heck, there are Jews for the deal, and even Israeli security

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/28/15 9:11 am

I don't know how anyone could be offended by the truth. It baffles me.

07/28/15 9:11 am

Establishment figures for the deal (or viewing it as a lesser of two bad options). Huckabee's statement implies they're Nazis as well. I personally find that offensive as well, but are you ok with Huckabee labeling people in general-let alone Jews,

07/28/15 9:12 am

As akin to the Nazis over a geopolitical disagreement?

07/28/15 9:16 am

So, Cowboy, you think Obama and all the other negotiating parties are setting up a holocaust through the Iran deal? You think THAT is the truth?

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/28/15 9:20 am

Barry is giving Iran nuclear weapons, so yeah.

07/28/15 9:28 am

I try to avoid this type of statement, but this is too much. Do me a favor cowboy and stop by the brain store. I'm not defending the deal, but if you're actually comparing a president and his supporters to Hitler and the Nazi's, and not seeing the

07/28/15 9:29 am

Offense of Huckabee's statement, you need a new model. I hear the Common Sense Bot 1001 and the Einsteinium Model 2500 are on sale.

cowboy Doors of Perception
07/28/15 9:33 am

Barry sent a team of people, to Israel, in order to work against Netanyahu's election and now he's ignorantly, or willingly, acting like Chamberlain with this terrible deal that Iran is laughing at him about.

Korosensei Maine
07/27/15 6:45 am

Tough to say but holocaust comparisons are slightly worse than calling all immigrants rapists

rbrown Kansas
07/27/15 6:43 am

Sounds like The Huck is trying to grab headlines using The Donald's strategy. There's no such thing as "bad" free publicity.

jvberg Winter has Come
07/27/15 6:31 am

Bet he hasn't even read the deal like the majority of Republicans

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
07/27/15 12:08 pm

Yea, kinda like the way Obummer and liberals passed the health care bill, " you have to pass it so you can see what's in it . . ." That's sooooo un-American!

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
07/27/15 1:01 pm

Obummer is by bypassing congress. Does that sound like the way our government functions? To me he is acting like a dictator, not the way this countries government works. He is one sick SOB . . .

ezh2o Texas Hill Country
07/27/15 1:06 pm

Obummer has kept the deals content secret from the get go. Then sends it to the UN before allowing Americans to know what's in it. Transparency my ass . . .

GlockMan1 Alabama
07/27/15 5:13 am

Why don't we all "grow a pair" and stop being OFFENDED every time someone says something.

07/27/15 8:05 am

How about, instead of painting everybody as a wimp for being offended by something and just demand they grow balls, why don't you grow some brains to understand the reasons why they're offended, even if you still disagree with them after?

GlockMan1 Alabama
07/27/15 10:56 am

I am a gun owning, Bible believing, traditional marriage, evangelical Christian that likes Donald Trump. How else can I offend you today?

palindrome California
07/27/15 11:15 am

Typical: you think your lifestyle is what offends people when what is really offending people is the uneducated stuff coming out of your mouth

07/27/15 11:18 am

You own a gun? Fine. You believe in the Bible? Fine. You're a Christian? Fine. You believe in traditional marriage (at least how you define it)? Fine, so long as it's understood that religion is not the source of common law nor should it be. You

07/27/15 11:20 am

Like Trump? I may not agree with you, but you absolutely have the right to like him. The issue here isn't that you're a Christian, or a gun owner, etc. it's that you assume anyone that's offended over anything lacks a grievance and simply is weak

GlockMan1 Alabama
07/27/15 11:24 am

Paladrome....what you say does not offend me. Why does what I say offend you? Grow a pair and stop being so sensitive.

palindrome California
07/27/15 11:39 am

Bullshit. If I said Christians were moral degenerates and other inflammatory attacks against your religion and practices, you'd sure as hell would be offended and I know that for a fact because I've seen your responses to such attacks before

palindrome California
07/27/15 11:40 am

That's just a majority privilege mindset right there

GlockMan1 Alabama
07/27/15 11:45 am

It's not like Christians (and myself) haven't been called, RACISTS, BIGOTS, HOMOPHOBES and HATERS. It's just part of being a Christian. I will defend the accusations but I am not offended by it.

palindrome California
07/27/15 12:34 pm

If you say so

rons WOKE is sick
07/27/15 4:25 am

Bye bye Huck!

ronderman North Carolina
07/27/15 3:41 am

Please explain why it is offensive. I see it as eerily accurate.

07/27/15 7:28 am

On the one hand, there's a bit of pathetic irony in someone like him making a holocaust reference. However, cavalier holocaust analogies just to score political points are fair to call offensive, the implication that Obama is Hitler (or a pawn

07/27/15 7:30 am

Thereof is offensive and idiotic). Regardless of what you think of the Iran deal, going that far is well outside the realm of rational thought, and it shows that he is willing to use the Holocaust as a political tool-which makes all of its victims

07/27/15 7:30 am

Into pawns for his political game-and that absolutely is offensive

ronderman North Carolina
07/27/15 8:44 am

I disagree. I don't like him, but I can see his point. He is simply saying that there is a group of people (Iran) that want to wipe out the Jews and we have given them the tools to do it.

07/27/15 9:10 am

The problem is that's not all he's saying, and he knows how to say that without resorting to this. By invoking the holocaust and placing blame on Obama, he's intending to link Obama (and anyone for the deal) with Hitler and the Nazis, which goes well

07/27/15 9:13 am

Beyond "Iran is against Israel and wants to wipe it off the map, and diaspora Jews as well." He either believes Obama is equal to Hiller and any supporters of the deal are Nazi-like, or he is using the statement solely for political gain. Forgetting

07/27/15 9:15 am

The irony of someone like him talking about wiping out Israel, the way the statement was stated is not saying Iran wants Jews dead (true), but Obama and anyone supporting him here are equivalent to the Nazis (false, and beyond offensive)

ThomG25 Texas
07/27/15 9:26 am

ronderman, do you really think Huck had to say Obama was marching the Israelis to the door of the oven? Think hard about that. The man running for the highest office in America had to go that far to criticize the POTUS. That's shameful of him.

ronderman North Carolina
07/27/15 10:54 am

Well, thanks for answering my question. I still disagree though.

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
07/27/15 6:49 pm

Fwiw, I fully agree with Matt.

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
07/26/15 11:42 pm

I don't get how this is offensive.

07/27/15 7:31 am

Above

BusinessJustin Tamriel
07/26/15 11:33 pm

Meh, they're both horrible

07/27/15 4:02 pm

That's true, but does that mean they're both equally horrible?

BusinessJustin Tamriel
07/27/15 4:07 pm

They're close enough that I don't see any value in trying to discern which one is worse than the other. Both are far enough along the that spectrum that I take nothing they say seriously.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
07/26/15 11:17 pm

He's an elephant in a china shop.

07/26/15 11:13 pm

On a personal level, definitely. From a broader point, arguably, though the Trump comment about Mexicans being rapists is the only one that comes close (though probably not as offensive as Huckabee's statement)

rons WOKE is sick
07/27/15 4:28 am

Huck's gone. by the way rape is common by the coyotes on the border. Check your prison population for the number of illegals. I think he was talking about them not all Mexicans. He wrong about the Mexicans, it's central american illegals.

07/27/15 7:18 am

Trump was pretty clear that he was meaning Mexicans (or more spectacularly, who Medico's government decided to send), and then paint them all as raps it's, murderers, etc. at that point, you can't use statistics to fix what was always intended as a

07/27/15 7:18 am

Blanket generalization

rons WOKE is sick
07/27/15 8:16 am

All I know he hit a nerve in a lot of people. The Mex Government opens their southern borders and allow whatever to cross the US border. There are lots of drugs and bad people coming in. Do you condone open borders?

rons WOKE is sick