sailingaround July 26th, 2015 6:10pm

Is it ironic that many of the same people who are worried about the militarization of the US government are also many of the ones who want military recruiters walking around the grocery store with M16s?

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 1:50 pm

Military being armed at a recruitment center isn't the same as carrying an M16 at the grocery store. But a properly trained military member carrying a side arm is no big deal to me. I am surrounded by CCW holders daily

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 1:50 pm

It's not like its shoot outs every day.

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 3:41 pm

I never said cut off. I know gun terms are hard for the uniformed to understand, but a side arm isn't an M16. I have no problem with side arms on a trained professional anywhere. As far as if they want long guns at the recruitment

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 3:43 pm

Center, that's fine. You're lumping two separate things together and trying to make a good idea sound bad. All you're accomplishing is sounding dumb to people who know what you're talking about better than you do.

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 4:32 pm

But how hard would it be to train them? And on a side note, why are our military members not trained in use of common defensive weapons?

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 5:05 pm

Care to explain? Because you're the one that was confusing an M16 with a hand gun.

musiman28 Cotton country
07/26/15 7:27 pm

When you're asking when the cut off is. I had stated that they most likely wouldn't be carrying M16's at the grocery store, yet I have no problem with them carrying a side arm.

Think Lovin Life
07/26/15 12:56 pm

What a ridiculous question!

Who's asserting that military personnel should carry automatic weapons in grocery stores?

Who in the right mind is worried about the militarization of America, especially since naked emperor 0 is reducing the size?

Think Lovin Life
07/26/15 3:05 pm

Shall we also focus on the color of the tile in the grocery store!?

If you want to get technical, the M16A3 is a fully automatic version of the rifle that was made for the Navy and Special Forces. However, this trivia deflects from the poll!

Think Lovin Life
07/26/15 3:06 pm

Sailing ... answer my two questions, if you dare.

Think Lovin Life
07/26/15 3:47 pm

Sailing ... I recognize its hard to admit when you're wrong.

The poll question is nonsensical and you want to focus on trivia!

The key is our military members are targets at home and abroad and should be armed at least when in uniform. Period.

Think Lovin Life
07/26/15 3:49 pm

Sailing ... noted that you chose not to answer my questions, but rather continue to deflect from the real issue of our service men and women as sitting ducks.

bringstheeagle Colorado
07/26/15 12:13 pm

Lol. Totally ironic and amazing really.