Christian1459 July 25th, 2015 3:45pm

Inspired by Rainey's birthday (Happy Birthday!): Can you list five of each: famous birthdays, famous deaths, and Historical Events, on your birthday? (Just click a day on calender, or month. January 11 is mine).

badattitude no place like home
07/26/15 9:23 am

I got one. Fourth of July.

thesmileyyyyyj
07/26/15 7:43 am

One of the Wright brothers died on my birthday

drself Gated Community
07/26/15 6:42 am

Elvis Presley's birthday
USS San Fransisco hit underwater mountain
Battle of New Orleans
George Washington's 1st State of the Union address
I guess I can only name four.

Christian1459 Cookin Trouble
07/27/15 8:25 pm

Not a problem! Still some pretty cool stuff there!

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/25/15 3:13 pm

No way. I do have 3 very notable events that occurred on my birth date though...

1995: Oklahoma City bombing
1993: Waco Massacre
1775: First shot of the American Revolution is fired.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/25/15 3:16 pm

It felt like my birthday was cursed until I found out about that last one, through a poll similar to this one. ☺

07/25/15 5:11 pm

Don't forget James Cook sighting Eastern Australia, the proxy marriage of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI, the issuing of the Pragmatic Sanction of 1713, which would lead to the war of the Austrian Succession, the betrayal of Piso's plot to kill

07/25/15 5:13 pm

Nero by Milichus, the recognition of the U.S. by the Dutch Republic, the establishment of Belgium.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
07/25/15 5:17 pm

Well I thought everyone knew those, so I didn't mention them. 😉

07/25/15 9:36 pm

😂😂

Tausif7 California
07/25/15 1:15 pm

I remember from AP Euro last year that the French National Assembly ended the feudal system, which was part of the famous French Revolution on my birthday.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
07/25/15 12:43 pm

Not five of each... I could do five maybe 10 total without looking.

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
07/25/15 12:44 pm

My birthday is March 21. I share my birthday with Bach, Matthew Broderick, & Rosie O'Donnell. It's the earliest day on which Easter can occur. For most of my life it was also the vernal equinox.

07/25/15 8:00 pm

There are some very interesting events on your birthday. Heraclitus returned the True Cross to Jerusalem, Alexander Stephens have the Cornerstone Speech, Bismarck was appointed German Chancellor, the Soviets implemented the New Economic Policy,

07/25/15 8:02 pm

And Alcatraz was closed (among other things).

Christian1459 Cookin Trouble
07/25/15 2:46 pm

Cool! 😊 how old are you if I may ask?

TierasPet
07/25/15 10:07 am

Princeton received its charter, Edison perfected the light bulb and quite a few nuclear tests were performed.

07/25/15 5:20 pm

Wait a sec, October 21?

TierasPet
07/25/15 5:35 pm

No, 22nd. I noticed you're one day before me.

07/25/15 9:55 am

October 21 is my birthday. I share that honor with Franz Moritz von Lacy, Alfred Nobel, Benjamin Netanyahu, Carrie Fisher, and Gavrilo Princip. Famous deaths on that day include John Taylor, William Livingston, Floride Calhoun, Big Mama

07/25/15 9:56 am

Ignore what I said past Netanyahu. I looked at the wrong date

07/25/15 10:01 am

Births are Netanyahu, Von Lacy, Carrie Fisher, Alfred Nobel, and Will Estes. Deaths include Horatio Nelson, Jim Garrison, George McGovern, Charles VI of France, and William Wade. Famous events include the Battle of Trafalgar,

07/25/15 10:04 am

Magellan discovering (or "discovering") what would become the Strait of Magellan, the launching of the USS Constitution, the granting of female suffrage in France, and the establishment of the Tokugawa Shogunate in Japan.

Christian1459 Cookin Trouble
07/25/15 2:47 pm

Wow! The first list you gave, I didn't know anyone from. 😅

07/25/15 5:16 pm

Which first list? Births? Or deaths?

07/25/15 5:27 pm

You don't know who Nobel was or Netanyahu is? Or Carrie Fisher?

07/25/15 9:45 am

325 – The First Council of Nicea is formally opened, starting the first Ecumenical Council of the Christian Church.
491 – Empress Ariadne marries Anastasius I. after Zeno dies of dysentery.

07/25/15 9:45 am

491 – Empress Ariadne marries Anastasius I. after Zeno dies of dysentery.

07/25/15 9:46 am

685 – The Battle of Dun Nechtain is fought between a Pictish army under King Bridei III and the invading Northumbrians under King Ecgfrith, who are defeated.
794 – King Æthelberht II of East Anglia visits the Mercian court at Sutton. He is beheaded.

07/25/15 9:46 am

1217 – The Second Battle of Lincoln is fought near Lincoln, England, resulting in the defeat of Prince Louis of France by William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke.

07/25/15 9:47 am

1449 – The Battle of Alfarrobeira is fought, establishing the House of Braganza as a principal royal family of Portugal.
1497 – John Cabot sets sail from Bristol, England, on his ship Matthew looking for a route to the west.

07/25/15 9:48 am

1498 – Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama discovers the sea route to India when he arrives at Kozhikode (previously known as Calicut), India.

07/25/15 9:48 am

1520 – The massacre at the festival of Tóxcatl takes place during the Fall of Tenochtitlan, resulting in turning the Aztecs against the Spanish.
1521 – Ignatius Loyola is seriously wounded in the Battle of Pampeluna.

07/25/15 9:49 am

1631 – The city of Magdeburg in Germany is seized by forces of the Holy Roman Empire and most of its inhabitants massacred, in one of the bloodiest incidents of the Thirty Years' War.

07/25/15 9:50 am

1775 – Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence is signed in Charlotte, North Carolina

07/25/15 9:50 am

1813 – Napoleon Bonaparte leads his French troops into the Battle of Bautzen in Germany, against the combined armies of Russia and Prussia. The battle ends the next day with a French victory.

07/25/15 9:50 am

1861 – American Civil War: The state of Kentucky proclaims its neutrality, which will last until September 3 when Confederate forces enter the state. Meanwhile, the State of North Carolina secedes from the Union.

07/25/15 9:50 am

07/25/15 9:51 am

1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Ware Bottom Church: In the Virginia Bermuda Hundred Campaign, 10,000 troops fight in this Confederate victory.

07/25/15 9:52 am

1882 – The Triple Alliance between the German Empire, Austria-Hungary and the Kingdom of Italy is formed.

07/25/15 9:53 am

1899 – The first traffic ticket in the US: New York City taxi driver Jacob German was arrested for speeding while driving 12 miles per hour on Lexington Street.

07/25/15 9:53 am

1902 – Cuba gains independence from the United States. Tomás Estrada Palma becomes the first President.

07/25/15 9:54 am

United Kingdom recognizes the sovereignty of King Ibn Saud in the Kingdoms of Hejaz and Nejd, which later merge to become the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

07/25/15 9:54 am

1927 – At 07:52 Charles Lindbergh takes off from Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York, on the world's first solo non-stop flight across the Atlantic Ocean. He touched down at Le Bourget Field in Paris at 22:22 the next day.

07/25/15 9:55 am

1941 – World War II: Battle of Crete: German paratroops invade Crete.
1948 – Chiang Kai-shek is elected as the first President of the Republic of China.

07/25/15 9:56 am

1949 – In the United States, the Armed Forces Security Agency, the predecessor to the National Security Agency, is established.
1956 – In Operation Redwing, the first United States hydrogen bomb is dropped over Bikini Atoll in the Pacific Ocean.

07/25/15 9:56 am

1969 – The Battle of Hamburger Hill in Vietnam ends.
1980 – In a referendum in Quebec, the population rejects by a 60% vote the proposal from its government to move towards independence from Canada.

07/25/15 9:57 am

1989 – The Chinese authorities declare martial law in the face of pro-democracy demonstrations, setting the scene for the Tiananmen Square massacre.
1990 – The first post-Communist presidential and parliamentary elections are held in Romania.

07/25/15 9:57 am

2002 – The independence of East Timor is recognized by Portugal, formally ending 23 years of Indonesian rule and three years of provisional UN administration (Portugal itself is the former colonizer of East Timor until 1976).

Rainey 633 Stag Trail Road
07/25/15 9:28 am

The first successful telegraph was sent on my birthday. Also the first U.S. Patent was granted!

TierasPet
07/25/15 10:06 am

The first east to west telegraph line happened on mine.

Tanc
07/25/15 9:11 am

Nothing important happened on my birthday. Things did happen, but nothing significant.

cognocity
07/25/15 9:03 am

I share a birthday with James Buchanan, Shirley Temple, Stephen Douglas, William Shakespeare, John Oliver, and Michael Moore.