RedDye40 July 25th, 2015 3:24pm

In Aug, I'll begin working FT after 6.5 years working PT (I also started/completed a bachelors). I've had a VERY flexible schedule allowing me to be home w/ kids most of the time. Who will struggle more w/ this change? Any tips to help us transition?

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
07/25/15 9:40 pm

Oh and I'm planning to apply to grad school soon too, looking at an MPH in Maternal/Child Health.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/25/15 10:35 am

Kids are quick to adapt to change. Adults are not. Your kids will pick up on your stress worrying about them and react to it. Explain everything to them, that this is the right choice for the family. Both my parents worked and I turned out just

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/25/15 10:36 am

fine. I now work full time in a demanding job that I love and am in grad school! Working full time does not make you less of a mom. You are still a mom first and foremost. Don't buy into the SAHM fanatics that say you aren't harming the child by

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
07/25/15 10:39 am

working full time. I'm sickened by fanatics on both sides arguing who's doing it better. Just be you and be thankful of the time you have with your kids. You will rock at this. Congrats on all your accomplishments!

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
07/25/15 9:34 pm

Oh I hear ya! I can't wait to go back. I was a single mom for 11 years and worked full-time until my oldest turned 13 (my youngest was born and we couldn't afford daycare for two babies 😕). My oldest is now 19 and is doing awesome!

RedDye40 Way Over Yonder
07/25/15 9:38 pm

I'm worried mostly about logistics -- shifting into a new routine. I cook from scratch most of the time, but it's so time consuming... I have to leave for work before they can go to school, so I have to make sure everything is ready and organized.