Show Of Hands December 11th, 2012 12:00am

Has there ever been a "mass shooting" incident in your home town?

maverick11
12/19/12 5:35 am

Rapid fire weapons are inaccessible to your average day citizens without proper a proper class of license which is hard to obtain. You can buy a similar style weapon only catch is its semi automatic, one trigger pull is one bullet, same as a handgun, rifle, shotgun.

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:31 am

Ps. I'm from DC/Maryland. My husband is an infantryman in the USMC.

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:29 am

Cool. I guess cars kill people when driven by drunk drivers. Oh, and utensils make people obese. Makes TOTAL sense. Ha. Not to mention, gun restrictions and laws are stricter than ever in history. Look up Switzerland criminal stats. Hint: they have guns! OoOoOoOo

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:21 am

Common sense is not common. Go ahead and tell the underground drug cartels that they must quit selling illegal firearms. See how that works out for ya. Ps. Look up a school shooting in Mississippi back in 1997. Assist Principal had gun and stopped shooter.

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:14 am

Look up the school shooting in Mississippi back in 1997. Assist Principal had a gun in his car & stopped the shooter. 3, including shooter's mother, died.

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:12 am

Look up the school shooting in Mississippi back in 1997... Assist Principal had a gun in his car and got the shooter to stop.

wright3f San Diego
12/18/12 3:10 am

DC sniper. Not sure if that's considered exactly a "mass shooting", but people were freaking out for days.

maverick11
12/18/12 12:54 am

The way I see it. You don't need to know I have the gun. If you don't see it the fear Ian there. I try and keep it as out of sight as possible. I do not aim to cause trouble. Simply want to have the option to save my life and others if I need to. You won't know it's there til it's needed.

maverick11
12/18/12 12:50 am

Quimby: so what you are saying I that if we take away everyones right to drive we will have a better nation. People drink and drive and kill more people in a year than firearms do. It is a conscious decision to break the law that gets people hurt, regardless of the tool.

maverick11
12/18/12 12:45 am

You care to share how you knew?

maverick11
12/18/12 12:44 am

Did we ever figure out how this kid "predicted" the shooting

kgirl1992
12/16/12 9:19 pm

Not exactly town, in the county aka close enough it felt like my back yard. And for anyone questioning what happened in PA the Amish school house shooting

mlc31415
12/16/12 6:26 pm

Note to self, don't move to Oregon.

brinrawson Knoxville and DC
12/16/12 10:48 am

There was a shooting at a church a few years back. It's crazy when it's so close to home.

susanr Colorado
12/16/12 8:37 am

Tahn, none of the children stabbed in China the same day at the CT shooting (nor the one adult stabbed) had life threatening wounds, let alone died. NONE. In CT, an even larger number were hit by bullets, and TWENTY-SEVEN people died, only ONE survived. That's pretty dramatic, and sobering.

JennaF sunflower state of mind
12/16/12 8:29 am

How did you know from before? Please answer!!!

cockasianman Georgia
12/15/12 9:19 pm

Tony send me the the email I wana know how he knew

JackTorS Clap you stupid bastards
12/15/12 7:42 pm

How bout giving teachers the option of carrying one.

obamaboy
12/15/12 4:29 pm

I'll email you but don't go posting the email all over the Internet

Tony SOH Founder
12/15/12 2:29 pm

Good question. What's the scoop, obamaboy? Shoot me an email at info@showofhands.mobi.

Tony SOH Founder
12/15/12 2:28 pm

I posted it the day after the mall shooting in Portland.

kris1107 Wisconsin
12/15/12 2:17 pm

What is the coincidence that this question would be asked just three days before the Newton shooting? Makes me wonder...

nRattlehead
12/15/12 8:17 am

I wonder if the guy who predicted this is either dead, or has a dead friend?

nRattlehead
12/15/12 8:15 am

Hmm. It looks like the voters here in Utah have forgotten about the Trolley Square shooting from a few years ago.

BondiBaby Nebraska
12/15/12 8:10 am

So sorry and sad for the people of your lovely state today. The whole country mourns for you all.

BondiBaby Nebraska
12/15/12 8:08 am

Apparently the Von Maur mall shooting has been forgotten where I live.

onlinespec Dallas, TX
12/15/12 7:47 am

I grew up in Baltimore, what's the minimum death toll?

pcfz
12/15/12 4:59 am

First off guns aren't alcohol. They're not cheap, you don't drink shots of them. Guns are associated with violence while alcohols are associated with a culture. Every non Islamic culture accepts alcohol, only the us allows accepts selling automatic weapons to people

tahn Pennsylvania
12/15/12 1:35 am

yeah, let's ban guns. then they'll be impossible for anyone to get, just like nobody could find alcohol in the 1920s prohibition and just like nobody can buy marijuana now. get real, people. if guns get outlawed, outlaws will get guns. that's simply how black markets work whether you like it or not.

tahn Pennsylvania
12/15/12 1:31 am

apparently you didn't hear about the guy in China who stabbed 22 people today with a knife? if somebody wants to commit a heinous crime, he will do it whether guns are legal or not.

sgeisler18 Illinois
12/14/12 11:17 pm

I'm a townie. I still vividly remember 2/14/08. I remember seeing all the news helicopters in the sky when I looked out into my back yard.

sgeisler18 Illinois
12/14/12 11:12 pm

The NIU shootings in February 2008. Now that I'm off at college, I get a bit wary sometimes when I hear things that sound like gunshots. It still affects me, even though nobody I know was hurt.

muji
12/14/12 9:48 pm

Yeah how do you know that was going to happen?

elleck SOH Fan Club
12/14/12 9:25 pm

Well that's really weird man. Awful how you predicted that one.

pcfz
12/14/12 9:19 pm

It's time to revoke the right to bear arms. People cannot be trusted.

pcfz
12/14/12 9:17 pm

Seriously redbird. Teachers should carry concealed weapons? Do you realize that this is the only country in he world that would have people come up with such stupid comments. Also why are automatic weapons still legal? Seriously? In the past 7 months there have been so many massacres

pcfz
12/14/12 9:13 pm

Shit....my high school math teacher lives in newton and has two young daughters.

ukbro00
12/14/12 6:39 pm

You creepily predicted this yesterday

obamaboy
12/14/12 5:27 pm

There is now

soulfighter
12/14/12 5:15 pm

One point: unlike a chef knife or a bat, a gun is designed to inflict harm and death. Jus pointing out the minor detail.

soulfighter
12/14/12 5:00 pm

Yes you can get "technical" but that doesn't change the fact people are using "guns" to kill. How were those children killed, by a gun. It's okay to be honest. No one wants to take guns away BUT there is a gun problem no one can deny. If u can't admit there is a problem no one will fix it.

soulfighter
12/14/12 4:47 pm

STL: Oh sadly you missed the entire point. Ur assumptions of me misguided you. No one wants to take guns away nor defend themselves BUT it is a FACT that this country has a major gun problem. And to not offer possibilities of resolution is a ... Waste. Meanwhile gun violence continues to rise.

STLRedbird
12/14/12 4:24 pm

Done arguing, just remember when seconds count the police are only minutes away. And that my friend is a FACT.

STLRedbird
12/14/12 4:21 pm

well, have fun protecting yourself and your family with your cellphone by calling 911, meanwhile my family and I will at least be able to put up a fight against anyone who is wanting to do us harm.

preemiedoc
12/14/12 4:01 pm

What is the purpose of automatic weapons but to create mass carnage? Newton is a bucolic town and it adds its name to Aurora, Columbine, the attack on Sikhs in Wisconsin, and Virginia Tech. Arming teachers? Ridiculous. The carnage was quick. Rapid fire weapons are made for war.

soulfighter
12/14/12 4:01 pm

STL: the real question is how did he get the gun. 2nd, they have done actual studies of ur proposal. The studies show it DOES NOT work. So ur "theory" is proved to be wrong. Try again kiddo.

soulfighter
12/14/12 3:58 pm

STL: haha The fact that I do believe in GOD tells me more about how to be a good American and treat people. Maybe you should give God a chance. And lets me honest, you really think God would put a gun in everyone's hand. Hehe I doubt it kid. Try again.

soulfighter
12/14/12 3:55 pm

STL: 1st of all, do your research. There is far more than ONE incident. C'mon now, I doubt you believe what you just said. 2nd I NEVER said to get rid of guns, but extending rights and accessibility to gun ownership isn't INCREASING safety. Pls try to use commonsense.