Show Of Hands January 21st, 2013 12:00am

Did you watch the Presidential inauguration?

susanr Colorado
01/27/13 8:49 pm

Some of us had the day off because it was also a holiday. Some of us are at home with children. Some of us work second or third shift. A few of us may have been home sick. Some of us are retired.

crashnet Michigan
01/27/13 11:26 am

I really hope most of those Dems watched it on DVR and not because they didn't have a job.

tdaddy diversity
01/26/13 5:52 pm

And before I forget, what's all this about Cheetos, soda, WoW, and TV?? On your dime I can afford pizza n' wings, beer (Blue Moon hits the spot), playing the horses, and rock concerts! :P

susanr Colorado
01/26/13 5:43 pm

It was a federal holiday but a lot of other people would have been at work. I wonder what the stats are for inauguration viewing on weekdays - 1st or 2nd term, whether it's the candidate you voted for or not, etc.

tdaddy diversity
01/26/13 5:42 pm

If you didn't secretly love our prez as much as I do you would have hit the pavement soliciting votes like I did; instead of thinking big mouths like Limburger, Hammity, O'Ricketty, and Ann Kosher were trying to fight a battle they knew obviously wasn't worth winning.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/26/13 5:26 pm

That's sad there are people like you who voted for him just to get something for free. What happened to this country. Lazy ass trash is what I call people with this mentality.
Entitlements, what a joke. You probably sit at home eat Cheetos, drink soda, play WoW and watch tv all day.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/26/13 5:20 pm

Oh social security, I guess you thought if a white republican came in office you would of lost your free money. Oh wait tax payers money.

tdaddy diversity
01/26/13 3:42 pm

People said similar things about Bill Clinton, but by the end of his second term the economy was in better shape then than any time since. Plus his antics made for great late night TV. Hopefully by the end of President Obama's second term we'll be saying similar things about him.

tdaddy diversity
01/26/13 3:21 pm

I thought it would be so funny if their worst fear came true; and YES, it was funny at the start of his first term, but soooo much funnier at the start of his second term, when all the tea parties in the universe were unable to muster the votes to stop him. (LoL)

tdaddy diversity
01/26/13 3:21 pm

There you are Wrong! For one thing I'm on Social Security, so any kind of legislation that is pro-entitlement benefits me. For another thing my Deep South WHITE relatives were so sure a Black President was going to have whites in chains down on the plantations...

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/26/13 3:11 pm

Wow 79% did not watch, Hmmm, even less than 45% dems watched him. Are we sure our voting system in America is accurate. Something seems a little fishy. Not saying our elections are rigged or anything but I think it's a good possibility.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/26/13 3:01 pm

From the sounds of it you are black.... Just admit that's the reason you voted for him.

BebesMort
01/26/13 2:13 pm

Did I watch the economy and this entire country just commit suicide? Nope I didn't

Captainbstring Doctors 4 Trump 2020
01/25/13 11:33 pm

I'm all for "The President", but the boob currently holding that respected office is not up to the job. He is divisive, biased, smug, condescending, dismissive, vindictive, shady, not transparent, and I don't trust him. Benghazi, tanks and planes to Egypt, rev. Wright, Bill Ayres, etc, etc.......

Think Lovin Life
01/25/13 10:50 am

Ajack is left flapping in the wind, all of his/her/it's Democrat talking points dashed on the jagged rocks of reality.

It's getting tougher to be an O'groupie with all the lies to defend.

desmoduede Argon
01/24/13 8:17 am

America!! Freedom!! And Obama! God bless my President

tdaddy diversity
01/24/13 1:23 am

No. He got my vote because I like his style. I'm not into pomp and I could care less seeing what the peeps are wearing.

susanr Colorado
01/23/13 10:57 pm

Did you wonder who ensured that Laura Bush and Nancy Reagan could wear clothing also?

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
01/23/13 7:48 pm

Hell No.
I would have been shot attempting to Punch the Big Dummy.
Better if I not go.

dollyskid
01/23/13 7:41 pm

From Section One, Row 3 live and in person. Seriously.

melanieswats
01/23/13 5:15 pm

No I have better things to do then watch the man that is going to completely screw up the economy.

sydwel
01/23/13 3:24 pm

Yes i agree, the bad public education system convinced me the evils of bipartisanship were actually effective. In that case, George Washington was the least intelligent and most unoriginal man ever born.

saminsocks
01/23/13 2:01 pm

Because our country is free we can elect someone to office, not the other way around. A lavish party is unnecessary, whether 1st or 2nd term. It's not about money, it's about being responsible for what you have.

Mud Constitutionalist
01/23/13 11:55 am

He'll no. My blood pressure wouldn't stand it.

sunsweet Sweet yet blunt
01/23/13 9:05 am

Anyone who says we don't have a spending problem needs to look at these posts lol As far as him not being the "driver" are you kidding me? He can't simply state, " I want to set a precedent and not go over the top." You think people wont listen? He's not as weak as you are portraying him hon. Lol

sunsweet Sweet yet blunt
01/23/13 9:05 am

It's like Marie Antoinette having lavish parties while her subjects were starving and saying "let them eat cake." It shows a lack of Conscientiousness as is proven by an Obama support placing more importance on celebrating than on spending.

sunsweet Sweet yet blunt
01/23/13 9:01 am

So in your opinion as long as you are celebrating something noteworthy spending out the wazoo is ok? I know a few couples who had that mindset when they got married and went all out when they didn't have the money to do so. If you don't have the money... You don't have the money.

tobyrockssohard Wisconsin
01/23/13 8:51 am

A million people. More than double either of Bush's.

arste New York
01/23/13 8:34 am

I watched the 2009 inauguration. I couldn't because I had to work.

GrandmaALiCE
01/23/13 8:26 am

Truantics, that is ridiculous! Just for the record, I am an Independent voter. I voted for Romney this time, Obama 4 years ago.

But, I am getting tired of all the stereotyping and insults against Democrats on SOH. No, you don't have to support them. They work and pay taxes, too.

ravensfreak95
01/23/13 7:14 am

Why would I watch that failure of a president blame other people for his own faults and offer no new plan to stimulate the economy other than spend out the ying-yang?

ravensfreak95
01/23/13 7:12 am

Typical liberal. Says he's against war and is so proud Obama is taking the troops out of Afghanistan yet takes credit for killing Osama

kristea Denton, TX
01/23/13 5:44 am

Couldn't. Had to work. Probably would be have anyway, though.

smarttexan2 Extremism Harms
01/23/13 4:52 am

Someday, we'll understand mown cannot be the driver of every decision. What a sad statement from a free American, placing money over the celebration of freedom.

smarttexan2 Extremism Harms
01/23/13 4:51 am

And then I see that the most liked comment says something like "I was at work because I have to support everybody who voted for him" and I wish our country had better invested in education to support that freedom.

DavesNotHere!
01/23/13 4:07 am

And 2001. Lets go back to say. The fair housing act, carter. The WTO, Clinton. Stupid people and facts are like water and oil

DavesNotHere!
01/23/13 4:05 am

I don't remember bush blaming Clinton. Clinton blaming bush? You got to be young to be that stupid. But not always. I work in the union. Everyday I'm filled with brilliant ideas from mind numbed people

RJ1969 SoCal
01/23/13 12:01 am

Mr. and Mrs. Crew?

jrw010
01/22/13 11:41 pm

The Democrats purposefully chose not to renew the payroll tax cut because they want to have their cake and eat it. I'm sorry you don't understand that you're arguing an untenable position, you are obviously blinded by the rhetoric fed to you and can't see or admit that everyone's taxes are raised.

jrw010
01/22/13 11:38 pm

Susan you can ignore the question, but the point stands. Apparently you don't realize that nearly every spending bill has "temporary" triggers built in that require the attention of Congress every 2, 5 or 10 years they want to address it. Your point that you try to drive home is made moot by that.

chemist2016
01/22/13 11:33 pm

Smarttexan I admire your enthusiasm but you will not be able to keep up with the amount of boo boo that flies out of people's mouth. in this country we have the freedom of speech which includes the freedom to spread ignorance

susanr Colorado
01/22/13 10:36 pm

Sorry, but PAYROLL taxes (SS) WERE LOWERED 2% two years ago, with a built-in RETURN in Jan. 2013 to the 6.2% that it had been for ages. Maybe it should have been extended. But it's not a raise in the tax. Anyone who was paying attention when it was lowered should have known it was temporary.

jrw010
01/22/13 10:30 pm

So tex, we went from those bogus lists of sure accomplishments to just doing great things and making excuses as if they're factually based? Obama needs to give people a reason to stand behind him instead of dividing America. His divisive inaugural will result in 4 more years of stagnation.

jrw010
01/22/13 10:25 pm

Susan, so are payroll taxes going up or not due to the results of the Democrats policies? The answer is yes, they are going up, the answer is that he's raising EVERYONE's taxes. Don't try to hide behind political posturing and semantics.

jrw010
01/22/13 10:22 pm

Bless your hearts, tex doesn't the President set the agenda? Or can he not even do that? Doesn't he sign the bills into law? Your argument is that if the Democrats lower taxes that's to Obama's credit, but if they raise them, he's not involved? Hmmm

sunsweet Sweet yet blunt
01/22/13 10:04 pm

I was thinking when he got re elected I'd be quite impressed if he decided to set a precedent and tone it down. Maybe the next two termer will pleasantly surprise us.