Show Of Hands July 27th, 2012 12:00am

Would you sell your vote for $25,000, if there was no possibility of being caught?

rothbard
08/04/12 9:50 am

I have one vote that won't matter. So u can have two votes that won't matter for the right price.

ishady 86451132020
08/03/12 12:48 pm

I've decided to sell my vote to the Koch brothers just like mitt.

08/03/12 11:26 am

ONE VOTE will not change the course of an election, and 25,000 dollars can do a lot of good.

ClecoLvr
08/02/12 7:50 pm

I'm disgusted with how many people voted yes. That is why our country is where it is today.

vette
08/02/12 11:37 am

I have one vote, it's mine, it's not for sale at any price.

immakai Missouri
08/02/12 5:47 am

I'm ashamed of how quickly I voted yes.

billwick
08/01/12 4:15 pm

I guess it's true that everything/ everyone has a price. I find it fascinating how much the percentage jumped when it went from $1,000 to $25,000!

dmertz California
07/31/12 2:17 pm

If my ballot has no close races, my individual vote won't alter result. So I might as well have the money.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
07/31/12 4:54 am

They're ALREADY trying to buy your vote. We might as well try and get the money directly!

ZaQ777 Pittsburgh
07/30/12 9:53 pm

25000? I would sell my vote for 10 bucks to the crazy guy down the street who wants to write-in the love child of Hitler and Saddam. That's how much my vote is worth to me. Anyone who disagrees is just bad at math.

Couchw02 Massachusetts
07/30/12 7:30 pm

Wow... I hate humans! So fucking selfish!!!!!!!!!

07/30/12 11:28 am

I could buy so much with 25,000 :0 !!!

Responsible
07/30/12 5:57 am

Ashamed of you Minnesotans and Iowaigians!

07/30/12 1:23 am

Sure. Especially so if I knew my friends were voting for the other candidate. $25,000 is half a year's pay.

genone
07/29/12 9:47 pm

It's not like the vote means anything..l.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/29/12 8:46 pm

spoon- thanks for having an intelligent discussion with me. :-) It never crossed my mind that you didn't have integrity! I hope it didn't come across that way. I admit, I don't understand *everything* about how our system works. I do know there are things that could be done better.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 8:18 pm

...however, if I knew that everyone else was selling there vote, I might vote, because with less people voting the same way, I might be able to have a voice... Maybe. And it's not that I don't have integrity, I just understand the system and how my vote often times means nothing, not that you don't.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 8:14 pm

@jms, I respect that. I think that it is great you have integrity. I wish more people voted, a lot of people don't vote at all! I think that if I had the opportunity to sell my vote, and lived in say your state, I would, because it wouldn't matter...

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/29/12 8:09 pm

...involved in gov't. I never will be, though, because I have integrity. I CAN NOT BE BOUGHT FOR ANY PRICE. And I don't have any skeletons in the closet. Some People would be bored half to death because they thrive on scandal and gossip. Not me.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/29/12 8:07 pm

spoon- I see what you're saying. I still maintain that integrity is what too many people are lacking today. If we had more people with integrity, we wouldn't have poll questions like this! And our gov't wouldn't be in the hole it's in. Has nothing to do with electoral college. I would love to be...

L1B3RTAR1AN Virginia
07/29/12 7:40 pm

Does this mean sell my right to vote or sell just one vote. I could care less about the upcoming election because they are both horrible people. I would sell my vote for this next election because either way it's going to suck. But I would never sell my right to vote. It's an essential right.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 7:19 pm

@jms, if you really wanted your vote to count, you would move to a swing state, not the reddest county in the reddest state as you put it. Its dumb to think your vote would count in such an extreme state as Idaho, even if you do vote red, because everybody else does, it doesn't make a difference!

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 7:16 pm

@jms, because you are red, your vote matters even less, because even if you don't vote, then your county and your state will go red. That's what I met by your vote doesn't matter. Also, I never said that you have a problem with your state being red? Where did you even get that from?

misterzero West Virginia
07/29/12 6:51 pm

I know we're all scared of going broke and our election system is under attack and needs reformed, but come on people! selling one of our remaining freedoms? is that really what our country has come to?

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/29/12 5:42 pm

spoon- who says I have a problem with my state being red?? As a matter of fact, my county has been labeled the reddest county in the reddest state in the nation. I love it!!! So in that case, since I usually do vote red, my vote does count, right? And I hate the electoral college system, too.

cynic8 New Hampshire
07/29/12 3:44 pm

Cryskull I think you should not be commenting on politics if you really do not know the difference between the president and bid laden... Even if that was an attempt at a crass joke. I mean what does that make your country then?

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 3:39 pm

@cryskull, no popular majority elected him, however, the electoral college system is the way bush unrightfully won in 2000. So before you go spewing your hate about this man who you ignorantly call a terrorist, you might want to do your research.

cryskull Culpeper, VA
07/29/12 3:18 pm

Ummmm, liberals.... Is this how you got Barack "Obama" bin Laden elected

07/29/12 2:57 pm

Oh & those of u who think you r giving such an intellectual response about the rigged voting system.. There us a term given to speech such as u use. It's called "baffling w/bullshit" S u fa to dazzle with brilliance. Pompous, stupidly arrogant wastes of air & consumption of production.

07/29/12 2:55 pm

Ppl like tvg should b locked up not just 4 vote selling but because the only way to eradicate stupid is against the law & unpatriotic parasites like him/her have to be grateful 4 that & that breathing is autonomic. These jackasses r a big part of the problem & like I said the solution is illegal

tvg Worcester, MA
07/29/12 1:14 pm

Voting is rigged. Even most idiots know that. So, yes, I would, because the system is already a gigantic failure.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 8:39 am

Jms, so to not give up your vote for money, you must be rich, because your trip to the voting booth is a waste of time, and a loss of a hypothetical 25000 dollars. Say thanks to the electoral college system.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/29/12 8:37 am

Jms, it's not called integrity if you understand the electoral college system, it's called stupidity. Especially
Since you live in Idaho, a historically very red state. I'll be honest with you, your vote does not matter in that election, your state will vote red, I promise. And you can garuntee that

07/29/12 8:17 am

@Roadtoruin Or we just know more than other states about the electoral college.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
07/29/12 3:37 am

jms, yes, but as the new owner I would make some changes to the management and the decor.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/28/12 11:08 pm

bekka- you're wrong. For some of us, you can add as many zeros as you want and we still won't sell out. It's called integrity. I just wish more people understood the word and lived by it.

jms in the middle of Nowhere
07/28/12 11:06 pm

Doopy- would we have to keep CA if they pay your price?? :-)

Classified
07/28/12 10:08 pm

Hah, playing the "everyone has a price" game. Fun

TheClan09
07/28/12 9:53 pm

Money please...I'm hungry and I want to buy food. Danke.

spoonrock North Carolina
07/28/12 8:46 pm

In a heart beat, if I lived in a state like California or new York or Texas. People's votes honestly don't matter there anyways, especially because of the electoral college system.

chrismisen atlanta
07/28/12 8:36 pm

@kishma, you are so deluded. please, look up some stats. i would sell my vote any other year, but (if i were able to vote) this year i have to vote against obama.

schlogg
07/28/12 8:00 pm

A single vote isn't going to change much. And for 25,000? I could use that to great advantages.

DrJohnny IPhone
07/28/12 12:43 pm

53% also say honesty is not always the best policy.

ThornyBadge
07/28/12 12:09 pm

Romney cant Winn MN anyway. Yes, since a republicans hasn't won here in 40 years