Show Of Hands January 21st, 2013 12:00am

Do you usually sleep with your bedroom door open or closed?

BebesMort
01/26/13 2:15 pm

Feels safer for my door to be closed

troller99
01/26/13 2:09 pm

Only a stalker would ask a question like this. O_o

ltsmith WV
01/23/13 4:34 pm

Bahaha! I can relate! My door doesn't shut and my bedroom is right at the top of the stairs. When someone comes stomping up the stairs and has the light on at 2 am I want to punch them as well. Unfortunately my door won't shut all the way

trip2
01/23/13 12:39 pm

So Thad, you're saying you like to pee in closet too?

trip2
01/23/13 12:36 pm

So you're saying you pee in closet?

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/23/13 12:02 pm

Seriously, you guys are fine, I'm not offended or worried. And I hope you are not either. If you really are worried or have any questions about what we do in our family just ask. We are rather open ;)

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/23/13 12:02 pm

...if they caught us and we freak out then they could be traumatized. They see us dance together, do dishes together, swim and cuddle together. Sex is very intimate yes but not dirty or bad. I would be more ashamed if my kids saw us strike each other (we don't).

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/23/13 12:01 pm

Bloody hell people, I don't have sex in front of my kids. We strive to make sure we can have our alone time. But If they happened to see us I don't think it would scar/harm them. They really would have no idea what we were doing and not know how to feel about it. Kids watch us for cues...

snuzzy
01/23/13 11:42 am

I wasn't being rude. Based on your comments I think it's concerning. Children are meant to remain innocent. Teaching them about an adult act when they are too young is a bad idea. I'm not saying you are doing anything malicious just seems like poor judgement IMO.

EarlyBird Portland
01/23/13 4:59 am

Kian - I don't think I'm considered a bully or troll by many people here. If you re-read your comments, you imply that having sex in front of your children wouldn't be traumatic, if explained to them in a certain way. All I was doing was questioning your outlandish comments.

dopaz California
01/23/13 12:17 am

cats. no way out could be closed.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/22/13 9:43 pm

my cat likes to sleep on my bed, so I always leave it just a crack open for her. never more than that because if someone turns on the hall light it penetrates my peaceful dark haven and makes me want to go punch them.

Mable
01/22/13 8:45 pm

When I was a kid at home and in college with roommates, always closed. Now that I'm in my own home with just the hubby, we always leave it open.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 8:35 pm

Oh, anyone who is purposely being rude and obnoxious. EB you are cool!

johninsandiego San Diego CA
01/22/13 7:41 pm

Partly closed so my two cats don't decide to do their business somewhere in my room

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 6:50 pm

I have wondered how trolls do it too. Care to tell me?

EarlyBird Portland
01/22/13 6:42 pm

How can you compare animals "doing it" to humans, "doing it"?
I don't think little kids would even notice animals as doing anything strange.

snuzzy
01/22/13 6:42 pm

Explaining animal reproduction to your kids is not the same as them seeing their parents get down. It worries me that you are going to sexualize your children before they are at an appropriate age to understand it.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 6:39 pm

No worries, I welcome honest questions. And I follow the co-sleeping rules.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 6:38 pm

No worries, I welcome honest questions. And I follow the co-sleeping rules.

snuzzy
01/22/13 6:35 pm

Good to know. That's why I asked. I wasn't accusing anything.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 6:34 pm

Please never go to the zoo or have more than one pet people. Your kids might "see something" and you might have to explain.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 6:32 pm

Lol! My second child was conceived on the couch. Or the shower. And my first child was not present for it. She has never seen my partner and I have sex.
Thanks for asking.

2ndafe Flat lands of Ohio
01/22/13 6:23 pm

So...according to your post above, you not only have sex in front of your kids, they are in bed with you when you do it? Forget putting money away for your kids college...start saving for their psychiatric health care fund.

snuzzy
01/22/13 6:23 pm

After seeing your comment on my post I have a question. Do you have sex while your children are cosleeping with you?

snuzzy
01/22/13 6:20 pm

I don't think sex is something dirty or bad. I do think it's inappropriate for a 3 & 8 year old to see.

I walked in on my parents at 13. I did not think it was a beautiful act of love. LOL

EarlyBird Portland
01/22/13 5:12 pm

Kain - do you have sex in front of your children?
I hope that's not what you're suggesting.

Dragonite
01/22/13 3:09 pm

Always closed. I feel like someone is watching me if it's open.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 2:15 pm

Only of you tell them it's traumatizing. How about making it normal and healthy but only something between you and your partner!?!

taximom Boise
01/22/13 1:32 pm

I am wondering if the closed door would delay the activation of the smoke detector in our room, and delay our ability to help the children escape in time?

taximom Boise
01/22/13 1:30 pm

Wow, I think having the tv on all night would totally disrupt my sleep, and drive me crazy! But too each his own!

taximom Boise
01/22/13 1:27 pm

Left the door open when our kids were young so we could hear them. When kids got older, we closed the door. (We only lock our door for certain "private moments").

snuzzy
01/22/13 10:43 am

We have little kids so the door is open. If it's closed mommy & daddy are having "private time" that would traumatize out-of-bed kiddies.

kianiwaters Somewhere Over There
01/22/13 8:00 am

We are a co-sleeping/bed sharing family so both kids (ages 2.5 years and 6 months) are in our bed. If our kids were in a different room the door would be open. I can't imagine having doors between my kids and me. It feels safer knowing they are safe and they are right there.

nanisoccer Virginia
01/22/13 5:27 am

Closed because I have 3 little sisters and cannot sleep with light

HPNerd Hogwarts
01/22/13 5:02 am

Open so the dogs can get out if they need to. But it's only me and my fiancé, so it's not a big deal.

godcyanide Probably gone for good
01/22/13 12:19 am

Usually closed, either because it's summer and I'm keeping the AC in or I am with roommate. If I'm alone and the AC is not on, it's whatever happens. But I typically close it.

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
01/21/13 11:21 pm

Closed. It's quieter and darker. Especially since noise travels so well in my house. My door also stays locked because that's where the killers come in. My dorm room door stays locked too in case of the off-chance of some drunk wandering in or something.

lindiihop Michigan
01/21/13 10:52 pm

Both parents and I sleep with the TV on, and my parents sleep with the door open. So naturally, I sleep with the door closed to avoid confliction. But I'd still probably sleep with the door closed, even if none of us slept with the TV on.

leary Dulag Luft
01/21/13 10:44 pm

And the slickest grape jelly.

leary Dulag Luft
01/21/13 10:42 pm

We have bigger dogs and better guns.

mrskinsey Memphis
01/21/13 9:45 pm

My door is propped open. Otherwise it stays mostly closed which drives me crazy when I'm going in and out all day. My daughters door is closed. Otherwise she wakes up and gets up when my husband gets up really early.