Show Of Hands January 20th, 2013 12:00am

Do you drink the unfiltered tap water in your home?

whynotlive
01/25/13 5:40 pm

No but only because our fridge has a filer built in. Neither bothers me.

bschultz28 Seattle Tacoma area
01/24/13 4:59 am

Some natives ...not shoe :)

bschultz28 Seattle Tacoma area
01/24/13 4:58 am

Growing up in Florida I got used to the tap water taste and learned to love it. Shoot we drank from the garden hose. But now I live in Wa state and the tap water here is a lot more fresh and I know shoe natives that's stay far away from it. I still love it!

wiildkat Propertarian
01/23/13 4:13 pm

Our tap water is better than most bottled waters. I love living in the foothills :)

rodin South Dakota
01/22/13 9:27 pm

well water. drink 4-5 glasses a day

Mable
01/22/13 8:48 pm

Colorado water is some of the best in the country, heck yes we drink it!

annis Kansas
01/22/13 7:36 pm

Thank you for being supportive and wish more people knew the facts !

caligrl21 Huntington Beach
01/22/13 5:59 pm

Ewe that's nasty it has a bad taste I usually drink bottled water but I don't like water that much usually drink coke

anastasia70
01/22/13 4:49 pm

Annis is totally correct...as a chemist... I never drink municipal tap water or sports drinks...or domestic wine or beer. fluoride is indeed a poison!

annis Kansas
01/22/13 11:21 am

Google has a list of all bottled waters. Those that use spring water without fluoride and those that are just purified tap water etc. read what fluoridated municipal waters are doing to people. My Dr was right!

benseth naturalist
01/22/13 11:02 am

Other than pulling str8 from an uncontaminated aquifer, there is no reason to drink any kind of pipe water. IMO. There is no reason to chance it. Reverse osmosis it at the least. What if we were poisoning ourselves and causing the problems that we struggle with now (ie autism spectrum, etc.) ?

benseth naturalist
01/22/13 10:53 am

Especially Ohio... Plants are awful there.

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
01/22/13 7:14 am

What does that have to do with unfiltered water?

megxxmarie
01/22/13 1:10 am

I live in the country and have water from the well. Love it!

AnnieM The Island
01/21/13 11:01 pm

Yeah. It's just that I worked in restaurants for a long time and I have seen people do the weirdest and grossest things in public bathrooms.
I have no issue with the bathrooms in my house, in fact, the glass of water my son keeps on his night stand is always filled at tha bathroom sink.

therivkid State of Confusion
01/21/13 8:31 pm

The water is treated where I live, and I don't have a problem with it. I have neighbors that actually buy bottles water in bulk and only use that, which I think is sorta ridiculous.

ladyapathy cols
01/21/13 8:28 pm

FLUORIDE!
Also pharmaceuticals dump chemicals as well that gets into our water supply...drink Eternal, USA company, environmentally safe & HEALTHY

icpshootyz
01/21/13 8:18 pm

Feel free to post it. But as a physician there's nothing wrong with fluoride or tap water. Sorry.

flyberg Northern Kentucky
01/21/13 7:37 pm

Around here, they changed the way they cleaned water after filtered water became the thing. Or rather, I don't recall tap water tasting 100% like pool water when I was a kid. Filtered water doesn't taste like chlorine.

effy
01/21/13 7:34 pm

I am informed, which is why I won't drink it & won't bathe in it & certainly don't buy water like Dasani etc. which is bottled tap water. No need for personal attacks either. Plenty of eye opening information out there for you guys if u choose to research it. Your welcome.

briannah98
01/21/13 7:30 pm

there are all the same! but I don't like tap water.

natedog47
01/21/13 7:28 pm

Well it is florida most of our water comes from aquifers that most likwly have salt. So in other words they have to filter it and treat it. Yuck.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
01/21/13 6:58 pm

Antibiotics create new bacteria that are resistant to them.

tabbser
01/21/13 6:53 pm

Not only unfiltered but pumped up from the ground with no filters, chemicals or processing. I have a well for water.

AnnieM The Island
01/21/13 6:45 pm

Yeah, I remember new kids at school getting freaked out because the dishes at lunch were "dirty." It usually took a while of telling them "No, dude, those are just water spots." before they'd believe it was fine. ;)

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
01/21/13 6:40 pm

Well, I think you are overreacting a bit, but to each their own. I will fill a glass of water in a public bathroom, with no qualms.

AnnieM The Island
01/21/13 6:39 pm

God bless that aquifer, eh? If I could find someone to bottle San Antonio tap water for me, it would be the only water I'd use.

AnnieM The Island
01/21/13 6:33 pm

It's the same water, but heaven only knows what people have on their hands when they touch the faucet, even the underside, or what they may wipe on it or touch it with. It's not the water, it's the faucet the water comes out of.

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
01/21/13 6:33 pm

Fellow Illinois citizens. Unfortunately for you we dump our waste into Lake Michigan so I wouldn't drink your tap

cheeseontop FactsOverFeelings
01/21/13 6:27 pm

Living in WI it's probably safe here but I still won't drink it.

annis Kansas
01/21/13 6:17 pm

Reverse osmosis is the only system that removes fluoride. Household filters do not. Our skin absorbs fluoride by bathing in tap water. It is in all sodas and sports drinks. Even baby foods now. I was not aware until my Dr told me to avoid fluoride for thyroid issues.

penelope USA
01/21/13 6:10 pm

I haven't lived anywhere that tap water was drinkable in 15 years. Florida is the worst!

annis Kansas
01/21/13 6:10 pm

To the person that thinks fluoride is ok. The main ingredient in insecticides, rat poisons, many antibiotics, etc? FLUORIDE! What is added to drinking water in many cities is a chemical waste product from manufacturing. My doctor has advised me to avoid it. Your choice! Google it

spero42 Warrington, PA
01/21/13 5:57 pm

Actually, bottled water is not as heavily regulated as municipal tap water. If it's companies and their evils you're afraid of, you should trust their bottled water a LOT less...

icpshootyz
01/21/13 5:38 pm

Yep. And tinfoil hats keep out the governments mind control radio waves, too. You're probably wearing one right now, aren't you?

icpshootyz
01/21/13 5:37 pm

You, sir, are very ill-informed. Sad, really. Tap water is just water. Plus it is tested very, very frequently to make sure it's safe. But feel free to blow your money on the same water bottled and shipped to you.

Redemption97
01/21/13 5:24 pm

Should have said people not countries

Redemption97
01/21/13 5:23 pm

Versus countries that drink from the same water the discrete waste into... Yeah i think im fine with drinking the tap

beamie Michigan
01/21/13 5:01 pm

That or a drinking Fountain! Ewww I'll die of thirst before I drink from one.

opie123 Washington
01/21/13 5:00 pm

I second that

effy
01/21/13 4:50 pm

Never. Will pass out from dehydration before I will. Full of carcinogens & like annis said below, flouride is a by product companies pay the gov to dump in our water & they say its good for your teeth. It's BS. Bottled water only. Don't bathe in it either, i use a filter.

annis Kansas
01/21/13 4:45 pm

Fluoride is a waste by product and is poison. Causing serious health problems to many people. Especially thyroid issues. Even many bottled waters have fluoride added. I use spring water, Distilled water, Avoid canned and processed foods made with fluoridated water. Etc. Hard to escape it!

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
01/21/13 4:25 pm

Annie, if you run water from the bathroom sink into a cup or bottle, it is the same water as anywhere else in that building's plumbing system. Psychologically, it may bother you, but really, the water is the same.

palindrome California
01/21/13 4:22 pm

Oh! Lol must have missed it. No, this is from Dr. Stranglove

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
01/21/13 4:18 pm

It was very amusing, because the way it was expressed was so ridiculous. He literally accused the app of wholesale deleting one side of any argument.

GrandmaALiCE Still gardening
01/21/13 4:15 pm

For those of you who missed it, some guy named jabjab (or something like that) posted an all caps rant on all the message boards. It said something along the lines of, "SOH deletes everything that is not Republican. You people are all trapped on a biased app." But, it was a lot worse than that.

christine1986
01/21/13 4:11 pm

I don't mind drinking it but it has an odd taste so I use a filter.