eggbert
01/24/13 7:44 am

I dabbled with P90x for a bit and the yoga was impossible! I had to shut it off after 20mins.

caligrl21 Huntington Beach
01/23/13 11:07 am

No but I've tried yoga pants and I like them very much

FearToFall what is this for
01/23/13 3:36 am

I tried it because I was forced into it for gym class (I was absent the day when we chose units). It bored me and I didn't see much of a point.

caligrl21 Huntington Beach
01/22/13 10:54 pm

Haha hahaha yes but I think I would rather just wear my yoga pants

Mable
01/22/13 8:54 pm

Yes. Hate it. I work out 6 days a week and need my time at the gym to be effective and efficient. Yoga is a waste of time to me and I feel like I need to spend another hour getting a real workout. No thanks.

peytonlydia
01/21/13 7:51 pm

Heat yoga for the most results !!

peytonlydia
01/21/13 7:50 pm

Even though yoga has incredible medical and health benefits, the moment of meditation you receive from yoga is enough to make you go back a second time.

freetobeme146
01/21/13 10:48 am

I love yoga! It's so refreshing!

gonzoboy Arizona
01/21/13 8:07 am

What a wonderful Monday morning environment! Not only should they taste better, but eating happy pancakes should make one happy from the inside, out! Remember to save a little batter for The Queen!

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/21/13 7:57 am

Back to you too. Have kids oner so am making smiley face pancakes. You do know they "tastes" better.

gonzoboy Arizona
01/21/13 7:47 am

Ahhh, G' Mornin' Ms. Tops! Happy Monday to you!

gonzoboy Arizona
01/21/13 4:52 am

I've never tried Yoga, but my brother does Bikram Yoga religiously (Very hot, sweaty environment), and he's now off of his blood pressure meds.

jamjay Atlanta, Ga
01/21/13 3:59 am

Yoga is a great compliment to lifting weights.

Mags99
01/20/13 10:49 pm

Sorry, but you never practiced yoga. It's not exercise. It's not stretching.

mama3
01/20/13 10:40 pm

Thad's reply just made me laugh. Hysterical. God forbid I want to work out just for, you know, my health.

01/20/13 10:35 pm

Assuming that this ever happens, just for the sake of discussion ... No, I would not say that something is amiss. I would say that this hypothetical person is entitled to his own fulfillment, in his own way.

BlackBenz Northwest Arkansas
01/20/13 10:26 pm

I made one reply to that comment and I keep getting the notifications all day long. Please. Stop. lol

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 10:26 pm

Speaking from the perspective of a Jewish person, would you say there is something amiss when a person attempts to use yoga to fill the spiritual void left over from the rejection of the Jewish God?

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 10:11 pm

That's a key difference between us, you're perfectly content with "I don't know", I am not.

The food analogy is plain rubbish, no one disagrees that both steak and pizza exist and are both perfectly capable of filling your stomach, virtually everyone disagrees about religion and spirituality.

01/20/13 9:56 pm

I think it's winding down. I felt as if he wasn't treating my belief system with respect and that got my goat.

01/20/13 9:55 pm

@Tops
*smile*

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/20/13 9:52 pm

I responded lucky? She looked at me and said no and she made up some nonsensical word about 10 syllables Long. She was five at the time.

01/20/13 9:50 pm

other's choices. That was my injection in the first place.

Perhaps, you didn't mean for it to come across that way.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/20/13 9:49 pm

@whoami I was shopping and got a very good deal was with my granddaughter I told her that was a Mitzvah. A Mitzvah is a blessing from God. A blessing is when something good happens to you. She was shopping with her auntie and me. She asked me What it is called when you have to people spoiling you?

01/20/13 9:48 pm

I don't know. I have never really discussed it with any of them.

Let me make an analogy. We all need to eat. People like different kinds of foods. Would you say that people who eat pizza are filling a hole, left by their rejection of steak? People like different things. We should respect each

01/20/13 9:41 pm

Sorry about that! I just let him get to me, I guess!

01/20/13 9:39 pm

Those are just a few things, off the top of my head. I pray with people that believe as I do and we connect with God and with each other. It's probably the same in all religions, to some extent.

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 9:38 pm

And the people who reject all of that, where do they get spiritual fulfillment from?

01/20/13 9:36 pm

(3) A connection with the Jewish people, going back thousands of years; (4) My experiences in synagogue, where we read from the Torah.

01/20/13 9:33 pm

(1) The Jewish New Year, a very intense experience where we shed our sins of the year and give ourselves a fresh start; (2) A belief in God as having some kind of master plan for the universe (although I'm not wise enough to know what it is);
CONT

kubu1218 Texas
01/20/13 9:26 pm

There has been an argument going all day (you know who you are) that started from this question of yoga. Yoga is a practice of love, peace & acceptance - none of which has been exhibited by the parties involved. Show some love and acceptance towards your fellow man and drop it already. NAMASTE!

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 9:23 pm

What, in your opinion, causes you to feel spiritually fulfilled?

01/20/13 9:18 pm

Posted by accident too soon.

I am absolutely fulfilled spiritually and religiously with my religion, just as it is.

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 9:18 pm

That isn't what I said. I said the fact that non-Christians are more likely to pursue other spiritual activities leads me to believe that they are trying to fill a spiritual hole. I explained exactly why I believed what I do.

01/20/13 9:16 pm

And what you call my "emotional outbursts" are complaints that you don't accept or respect my religious beliefs.

Lee me "explain" it more clearly. My religion does not include a belief in Jesus as a savior. This does not leave me with any "religious hole." I fulfilled with my religion, just

01/20/13 9:10 pm

No, you haven't explained why you think that non-belief in Jesus creates an emotional hole. You have stated this as a given fact. Then, you have used this "fact" as an explanation, to tie together various stats. Circular logic.

chile safer than congress
01/20/13 8:44 pm

P90x 2 - also very good. 65 min instead of 90, at a quicker tempo.

thehopedivision Atlanta
01/20/13 8:38 pm

I did the yoga on p90x.. Pretty intense!

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 8:30 pm

I don't just think it, I've explained clearly why I think what I do.
All you've done is have one emotional outburst after another, and have failed to even attempt explaining anything.

01/20/13 8:08 pm

Tops gets it. :)

Brrrrrrrrr doesn't and probably never will. He thinks that non-belief in Jesus results in a spiritual hole, that needs to be filled with "something." *Sigh*

I'm going to move on now. I'm tired of beating my head against a brick wall.

TheAntiLib Dutchess County, NY
01/20/13 7:37 pm

I let one rip while I was assuming the lotus pose. My buddy began to crack up and we ran out of the room!

susanr Colorado
01/20/13 7:19 pm

My instructor recommended anything by Rodney Yee. That was about 10 years ago so I don't know if there are better options now, but I have several of his DVDs & like them all a lot, except one. I think it"s Power Yoga Total Body - I don't have the abs for it & just have to lie there & watch him.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/20/13 7:09 pm

She thought that I to love God so much that I should become Jewish. Honestly I think that was the biggest complement of my entire life. We were two soul sisters generations apart but together with our love of God.

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 7:09 pm

That is not incompatible with what I said. You've just filled up your spiritual hole with regular religious services. If you disagree with this, what are you basing the disagreement on?

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
01/20/13 7:07 pm

The good book says we are to love our Lord our God with all of our soul all of our heart and all of our might. Few people in my life that thier love of God is so strong the absolutely Glowed. My Jewish sister-in-law's grandma love of God was like that. She just beamed with God's love.

01/20/13 6:53 pm

But, I am a non-Christian without a spiritual hole. I thought you had just conceded that point, in your previous reply to me.

*sigh* You are backing yourself into a corner.

It's a good thing Tony has just posted a fresh batch of questions. LOL

Brrrrrrrrr
01/20/13 6:39 pm

No I'm not. Although I should probably reword it as it is virtually impossible to convince non-Christians that their spiritual hole is a result of having ejected Jesus.

01/20/13 6:17 pm

"The hole in their soul that's left when they ejected Jesus." Those were your exact words.

01/20/13 6:15 pm

I know exactly why I am spiritually fulfilled. You miss my point.

You said, right in your opening post, that non-Christians have a spiritual hole, caused by not believing in Jesus. Are you backing off from that?