Show Of Hands July 19th, 2011 12:00am

Do you believe in the existence of the Judeo-Christian God? (single omnipotent deity, creator of everything, morally perfect, etc.)

08/02/11 4:14 pm

"Life is a journey, not a destination." — Ralph Waldo Emerson

08/02/11 3:06 pm

No wonder Democrats lead such miserable lives; they have nothing to look forward to in the end!

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/02/11 7:31 am

Interesting. Big Pharma need to keep their hands out of people's genes and the Catholic church does too. (jeans)

08/02/11 5:10 am

Very true. It's a sad state. Here's the headline if you're interested.

"Federal court rules human genes can be patented"
Published on August 1st, 2011
Written by: Eric W. Dolan

08/02/11 5:03 am

@frank sadly, I think this is an argument for the omnipotence of Pharma.

08/02/11 4:47 am

"The United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled in a 2 to 1 decision Friday that human genes can be patented because the DNA extracted from cells is not a product of nature." is this an argument against the existence of god?

08/02/11 3:36 am

How many Christian youth does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just two, as long as they're sure no one from PurityPals(tm) will catch them in there.

veritas… Texas
08/02/11 1:49 am

@Austrian. Then just argue on the Obama approval questions. Those never go away.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/02/11 1:44 am

Anybody want to argue about anything else? No? Okay. I'm guessing this question will be eliminated by tomorrow.

veritas… Texas
08/02/11 1:41 am

@NYevo. Yep. Well…active is a stretch. Existing…for now.

NYevo NY
08/02/11 1:04 am

OMG (mind the pun). This post is still active?!

veritas… Texas
08/02/11 12:55 am

Atheist: What’s this fly doing in my soup?
Waiter: Praying.
Atheist: Very funny. I can’t eat this. Take it back.
Waiter: You see? The fly’s prayers were answered.

veritas… Texas
08/02/11 12:53 am

How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb?
Two. One to actually change the bulb, and the other to videotape the job so fundamentalists won’t claim that god did it.

08/02/11 12:48 am

Oh, comedy can be applied to everything, especially god.

08/02/11 12:39 am

Well, I liked it when you and Atheist didn't get along just a little bit.

veritas… Texas
08/02/11 12:33 am

I liked this discussion more when it was about Comedy b

08/01/11 11:57 pm

I realize calling an action passive aggressive can be itself passive aggressive, and I'm okay with that. It's not just a tactic.

08/01/11 11:47 pm

You didn't have to use the word, "obvious", once used, you declare your statement so, to us. Even, or especially, because it's your perspective we know you think it, we know you think it's obvious. It is text book passive aggression, cause I don't think you're completely delusional.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 11:24 pm

I see the opposite as borderline delusional, Frank. It's obvious to me that when I say obvious, it is obviously just that it is obvious to me, not that it should be obvious to all. Obviousness is all about perspective.

08/01/11 11:20 pm

We are all guilty of fueling the fire.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 10:37 pm

DoOver - LOLZ at your comment to Tony. Eh, man.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 9:57 pm

Not they exclude one side and only have the other. "There is as much bias on the other side as you subscribe to Fox." There is as much bias on the other side as you accuse Fox of having. He didn't say or even imply he agreed with Stewart's accusations. That was quite clear throughout the interview.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 9:57 pm

"I think our viewers think finally we're getting somebody who tells the other side of the story." People didn't get the other side of the story until Fox came around. That doesn't mean Fox only gives one side of the story. That means Fox let's conservatives be heard.

08/01/11 9:47 pm

Well I don't think Atheist is childish or stupid, so, you musta been talking to me.

veritas1 Panda
08/01/11 9:28 pm

@Frank NOOOOO!!! I'm so sorry. That was meant @Atheist. You are neither childish nor stupid :)

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 9:24 pm

It's not possible to "have" someone in a "self-inflicted" state. Any specific things you can list that Christianity promises but doesn't deliver?

08/01/11 8:57 pm

@veritas..., are you sure that post was meant for me?

08/01/11 8:29 pm

Christianity promises all kinds of goods it can't deliver. And the balloon payment you're supposed to get in the afterlife? Greatest con-game ever conceived. Zero people going to the cops to say they were ripped off; they're all too dead to file complaints.

veritas1 Panda
08/01/11 8:27 pm

@Austrian He specifically said that the mainstream media tells one side ad Fox tells "the other side."

veritas1 Panda
08/01/11 8:26 pm

@Frank How is a debate about the existence of a higher power related to which specific religion I am? I had stated my beliefs MANU TIMES before. You are obviously not intelligent enough to see that or don't care about what I actually said and are just arguing to prove your stupidity and childishness

08/01/11 8:25 pm

Oh, no AustroBoy. I've been around the block with Christianity. It's no straw man. What it is is a sack of shizzle. You are in chapter one of your path to atheism. Spoiler: there's no pot of truth at the end of the prescribed course of self-inflicted mental abuse they have you in.

08/01/11 8:24 pm

@Austrian, saying it's obvious is very passive aggressive, when it's not only not obvious, but borderline delusional.

I might steal DoOver's analogy about Fox, religion, news, and philosophy. Thanks for pointing out the obvious so clearly.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 8:20 pm

Frank, is the guy you know a host? Or a guest? Andy Levy and Greg Gutfeld don't seem like hippies. Bill Schulz kind of does... If you don't want to tell me, that's fine, too.

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 8:19 pm

DoOver, Christianity promises liberty, honesty, and reality. You've just confused yourself by constructing a straw man of Christianity which you've decided that you hate. It's okay. Misinformation is a common problem among atheists.

08/01/11 8:18 pm

@Veritas, it depends. Though what I mean is if you think of an act as a sin, that perspective is dependent on god. Me, as a non-believer, doesn't consider a malevolent act a sin, just a malevolent act, I can't sin. I can only be selfish, inconsiderate, destructive, etc. Only the offended can forgive

austrian Valid Location, Virginia
08/01/11 8:16 pm

Wallace was obviously saying that nobody tells the other side of the story. Not that they are limited to that side of the story.

08/01/11 8:14 pm

If Tony is listening, I hope He will also be the bringer of conversation treads within comments; if it be His sovereign will for us His users. Eh, man.

08/01/11 8:11 pm

@jopat you don't understand when I went through decon, shed the miserable part of my life. Christianity makes people into their own brainwashers. It's sick warmed-over neoplatonism. I wish liberty, honesty, and reality for my children & all people; not that steaming pile of godey crud.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 8:10 pm

Veritas - I'm not crazy as long as I take my medication. ;) So you don't think your religion is relevant in a discussion about personal beliefs? Ok then, we disagree.

veritas1 Panda
08/01/11 8:06 pm

@Atheist what?! How is my religion relevant AT ALL?! you are crazy.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 8:05 pm

@Frank - Tony told me he plans to bring back all of the polls that disappeared with the update. Hopefully that will include the ones that have dropped off since the update.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 8:02 pm

Veritas - I pointed out it was a convenient position, not to disclose it. That is not asking what it is.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 8:02 pm

Veritas - Show me once where I asked what religion you follow?

veritas1 Panda
08/01/11 7:59 pm

@Atheist so? Once should be enough. But Nooooo. For you you can ask again, even after I told you it was personal. And again. And on top of that you have the nerve to call me a coward for not divulging irrelevant, personal information. Ya…not so much of a stretch.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
08/01/11 7:57 pm

Veritas - "Constantly harass" is a
stretch when I mentioned it a few times at most.