Show Of Hands December 16th, 2012 12:00am

Should high-capacity ammunition magazines be banned nationally?

patrioticteen
12/23/12 8:53 pm

With that being said, having a low capacity mag will not reduce crime and damage at all!

patrioticteen
12/23/12 8:05 pm

So you would rather bring a knife to a gunfight? Stupid liberal logic!

patrioticteen
12/23/12 8:00 pm

Excuse me I'm 13 an I can handle a weapon better than most teenagers. I love the sport of shooting, and hell my teacher loves shooting too! As long as guns are used safely I love them, and have fun with them. Hands and feet kill more people than assault rifles! Lets just ban hands and feet!!!

patrioticteen
12/23/12 7:56 pm

Actually if you knew what the hell you were talking about a civilian cant own am assault rifle that is exactly like those in the military we can't own automatic weapons, and we have the second amendment in case we ever need to fight the government to protect our rights.

patrioticteen
12/23/12 7:54 pm

I can reload a magazine for a rifle in under 5 seconds! I live in California where you are restricted to only ten rounds but I wish we could carry our guns in LA and carry more rounds.

shefjr New York
12/23/12 5:06 am

@superdave- yes you should be liable. It's not stupid. Because if you're a RESPONSIBLE gun owner it's not gonna get stolen. Your gun will be secured in a proper gun safe or on your hip.
This would stop a lot of illegal gun crime.

ishady 86451132020
12/21/12 8:29 am

Piss off to your bunker you freak.

july475
12/21/12 7:22 am

So do we a national health care system now?

july475
12/21/12 7:20 am

Guns should be treated like cars and to have one you have to have insurance....no one needs military weapons except the military

superdave
12/20/12 3:57 pm

So a criminal steals from me and I should be liable for the use of? Damn that's stupid!

cowboy Doors of Perception
12/20/12 11:21 am

You wouldn't think that if I shoved it in your mouth to shut you up you ignorant little twat.

shefjr New York
12/20/12 8:07 am

We need to look at realistic options. Most ideas the politicians are putting forward is posturing and will be ineffective.

shefjr New York
12/20/12 8:07 am

Additionally, gun owners should be liable criminally and civilly if their gun is lost, stolen, or used in the commission of any crime. That will force people to be more responsible about the guns that are out there. Buy a gun safe first then the gun. It's not possible to eliminate all guns.

shefjr New York
12/20/12 8:03 am

Average of 25 murders a day but by gang bangers and criminals! Not the responsible gun owners.
All banning will do is make the honest person hand in their mags, but criminals certainly will not.
There should be a federal registry (license) for all guns owners and only they can acquire any gun.

shefjr New York
12/20/12 7:59 am

@Adaala, I was being conservative. I am faster when I rush but, for me I'm usually not in a rush. I don't shoot competitively that has got to be a blast. ;)

superdave
12/20/12 7:38 am

This coming from a president who sent weapons down south that were used to kill an unknown amount of people! A man who is allowing a marine to rot in a Mexican prison for having a gun! Wonder if that is his desire for us?

ScrewU Gone
12/20/12 7:06 am

You are slow as shit friend. I can change mags in under a half second. I have done a bit of competition shooting though. :)

ishady 86451132020
12/20/12 3:45 am

A gun doesn't make you a man cowboy you tiny dick moron. It just makes you a scared little pùssy.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/20/12 1:24 am

All the statistics taken together point to one fact: gun control is an effective means of reducing, but not eliminating, the rate of gun deaths at the cost of INCREASING the overall murder rate and violent crime rate.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 11:01 pm

They're not being killed because of guns. They're being killed because of criminals.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 10:57 pm

Well, not the only one. Assault rifles live there too. I believe carbines are currently a sub-category of assault rifle...

palindrome California
12/19/12 10:53 pm

Whatever it is, it certainly isn't the classification between sub-machine gun and machine guns.

palindrome California
12/19/12 10:51 pm

Hitler also had a funny mustache.... Uh oh!

honest
12/19/12 10:05 pm

What if the majority of those people are criminals? Still think that?

ladmo Louisiana
12/19/12 8:20 pm

Hitler wasn't fictional, and he did the same thing.....get a grip, it's a valid argument.

nataliemccary Colorado
12/19/12 7:42 pm

When 25 people are being killed on average each day in the US because of guns, it is obvious change is needed.

shefjr New York
12/19/12 5:43 pm

I'm the owner of an arma lite AR15 and it takes me approximately 4 seconds (max) to change magazines. IMO I don't see how banning high capacity magazines will be helpful. In fact for me I'm much more accurate with my 10 round magazine over my 30 round mags. Less cumbersome also high cap mags. jam up

shefjr New York
12/19/12 5:43 pm

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 5:17 pm

I didn't catch "legal" until just now. Laws against explosive small arms like landmines are unconstitutional, but they exist and they are federal.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 1:32 pm

U.S. gun owners vastly outnumber any military in the world. If you think Afghanistan is hard to occupy try America. I'm not saying it would be fun, and I don't want to fight a war against our own soldiers. I would avoid that war at almost any cost short of life and liberty. But we could win it.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 1:19 pm

If they meant muskets, they would have written muskets. They wrote "arms" because they knew arms would evolve beyond the musket, just as the musket went beyond the crossbow.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 1:14 pm

Okay, so long as those who voted yes are banned from voting in national elections for identical reasons...

killjoy569 Illinois
12/19/12 12:45 pm

Sorry but anyone who voted no, should be banned from this q/a for gross stupidity.

dino1983
12/19/12 12:15 pm

How can you argue need? If you dont need then don't have. If I feel I need then I will have.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
12/19/12 11:46 am

Okay, guys, the word "carbine" has several conflicting definitions. The M4 carbine used by US forces today is just an M16 with a different trigger group and a shortened barrel. Historically, a carbine has been a small rifle chambered in a pistol cartridge.

Liberty 4,032,064
12/19/12 11:39 am

Your words:

"It's a term used to describe guns between submachine guns and machine guns."

What does that mean?

Liberty 4,032,064
12/19/12 11:33 am

You were talking about the size of the firearm, were you not?

palindrome California
12/19/12 11:16 am

A bolt-action weapon is in a whole different category than sub-machine guns and machine guns. So how can a carbine be the type of weapon between sub-machine gun and machine gun? That's apples and potatoes

palindrome California
12/19/12 11:14 am

Liberty- lol you came after me earlier like I didn't know about guns... That's NOT what a carbine is. A carbine is typically just a lighter version of an assault rifle. It's NOT the classification between sub-machine and machine gun. There are bolt-action carbines genius. I own one.

Liberty 4,032,064
12/19/12 11:10 am

They are all mentally ill because that is who these medications are prescribed to. Look at the medications they have all been on and look at the admitted side effects.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
12/19/12 11:03 am

but I've heard it on other newstations as well. Sorry for the cussing, but why is it these mass murderers always mentally ill? shouldn't they know this by now? I don't know what my views are on this subject anymore.. I think they shouldn't have let the Brady Bill expire. They should have updated

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
12/19/12 10:58 am

before they ban anything, they need to fix the mental health system. I watch the news and all I hear is "We have to control the guns" "do we have the security in the schools we need?" "guns kill people""we need to arm the teachers" god how fucking stupid is the media? I'm not just talking FOX news

Abolitionist Voice of the people
12/19/12 6:25 am

LOL@ this post. Sometimes it's hard for me determine whether some of these guys are trolling or they're actually serious.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
12/19/12 6:23 am

They could take it by force or just conduct covert operations across the nation and pick apart who will fight and the gov and who want. You all are delusional thinking your ready for warfare with the United States military.

Liberty 4,032,064
12/19/12 5:57 am

Palindrome: You said "in between a machine gun and a submachine gun." That is a carbine.

Liberty 4,032,064
12/19/12 5:52 am

Just FYI Doopy, no government does anything except by force. That's what makes it a government.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
12/19/12 5:45 am

Look, if your open minded and your presented with information it doesn't matter if its on a smartphone app or a cereal box, you could be persuaded if its a compelling argument.

instate73 Louisiana
12/19/12 3:16 am

If any politicians choose to vote for, submit or co-sponsor any law regarding my guns and/or my RIGHT they can pack their bags.