Show Of Hands March 21st, 2015 5:10pm

Christians: do you have to actively try to repent from all of your sinful lifestyle choices in order to be forgiven by God, or does God forgive even the sins that you don't try to stop committing?

ohreally
03/25/15 7:11 pm

James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
James chapter 2
Faith without works is DEAD

pappaledu
04/07/15 6:34 pm

James 2 talks about justification before PEOPLE in which case, yes, actions speak louder than words. "You SHOW me your faith..."

pappaledu
04/07/15 6:35 pm

Justification before God has ALWAYS been on faith alone. Romans 4

pappaledu
04/07/15 6:36 pm

Let this freedom motivate you to action! Not the fear of losing your salvation.

josh12344
03/24/15 1:17 pm

All your sins are forgiven past present and future. This isn't a free pass to yolo in everything you do but to be encouraged

ohreally
03/25/15 7:30 pm

Ps 33:15
Ps 62:12 according to their works
Prov 24:12 render to every man according to his works
John 14:12 the works that I do, do he also
James chapter 2 faith without works is dead
Rev 2 justified by works also
Rev 20:12 judged according to works.

ohreally
03/25/15 7:31 pm

Is that enough, or would you like more?
Consider why there is a judgment day at all....

robclark89 Utah
03/26/15 6:40 am

Yeah, the Bible clearly states we must actively try to repent. God doesn't simply forgive us of our sins because he's nice like that. He wants to forgive us, but we need to exercise repentance first.

CAModerate California
03/24/15 11:39 am

I can confess my sins on my death bed to a priest and be forgiven. Here's to having fun!!!

cowboy Dawns Highway
03/23/15 8:32 am

You have to try.

cowtown
03/22/15 11:14 pm

If we're not trying, then we haven't truly repented. Jesus made it clear that loving God = obedience. His grace is offered for the taking, but those who in their hearts continue to please themselves by not turning away from sin, have not received it.

03/22/15 8:02 pm

We are held accountable to the level that our conscience is formed, however, that does not make our actions any less sinful. God forgives the contrite heart. He challenges us and gives us grace to grow in a life of holiness and constant conversion.

jake3105
03/22/15 2:06 pm

It's sort of a Catch 22. Sure, God forgives you and loves all of his children. But if you are sinful and feel no remorse for your sins, then you are not in accordance with God's love.

corino Utah
03/22/15 12:06 pm

What good is the bread of life if you don't eat it?

mrcalifornia
03/22/15 10:32 am

Confession (Reconciliation) is a great exercise for the mind and soul.

Aubie83 Chattanooga
03/22/15 10:19 am

This question is invalid.
You misunderstand the definition of repentance.
Replace repentance with "smoking cigarettes" and see how much sense it makes.

pappaledu
03/22/15 10:02 am

God saved us NOT because of righteous things we've done, but because of HIS mercy. Titus 3:5

03/22/15 8:09 pm

I would add that God loves us so much that He does not desire for us to remain in our sinful ways. And he even gives us grace to overcome temptation in our lives. The word "Repent" means to turn away from. But more importantly to turn to Him.

pappaledu
04/07/15 6:29 pm

pappaledu
04/07/15 6:31 pm

Justification before God has ALWAYS been on faith alone. Romans 4

03/22/15 7:59 am

Why on earth would Jesus die for our sins just so we can sin again? That would be pointless. When you're truly saved, you DON'T WANT to do secular things anymore. Sure, the temptation is there and you might give in everyone once in a blue moon, but..

03/22/15 8:01 am

.. that's when you're supposed to repent and STOP sinning. God didn't send his son to die for no reason. What I want to know is, what logic do you people have behind sinning and still being saved?

03/22/15 8:06 am

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, ..

03/22/15 8:07 am

revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21 .

03/22/15 8:09 am

Adultery: voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

03/22/15 8:09 am

Fornication: sexual intercourse between people not married to each other.

03/22/15 8:13 am

Lewd: crude and offensive in a sexual way.

03/22/15 8:14 am

Idolatry: worship of idols. extreme admiration, love, or reverence for something or someone more than that of God.

03/22/15 8:15 am

Sorcery: the use of magic, especially black magic.

03/22/15 8:16 am

Hatred: intense dislike or ill will. Even if it is only in the mind.

03/22/15 8:17 am

Contentions: heated disagreement. An assertion, especially one maintained in argument.

03/22/15 8:19 am

Dissensions: disagreement that leads to discord.

03/22/15 8:21 am

Heresies: belief or opinion contrary to Christian doctrine.

03/22/15 8:22 am

Revelries: lively and noisy festivities, especially when these involve drinking a large amount of alcohol.

03/22/15 8:26 am

Not to mention the 10 COMMANDments.
1. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below (idolatry).

03/22/15 8:28 am

3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
5. Honor your father and your mother.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.

03/22/15 8:29 am

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet (envy, jealousy)

03/22/15 8:29 am

& many other things along those lines.

03/22/15 8:20 pm

Jesus payed the price that we could never pay. We are saved because of Christ's merits on the Cross. We are invited, as Christians, to participate in His Pascal Mystery. As members of the body of Christ, we're called to love others as we are loved.

03/22/15 8:31 pm

I'm not disagreeing with thay, I'm just saying that we are saved with the condition that we follow him and obey him. Honestly, do you think a murderer or a cheater will go to heaven because Jesus died for us? No. A liar will not inherit the kingdom,

03/22/15 8:32 pm

Neither will a prostitute no matter how many times she visits the church.

03/22/15 8:35 pm

Jesus died for us so that we could be forgiven for our sins. That doesn't mean we stop asking for forgiveness and keep sinning. That's like your dad telling you to do the dishes to receive your allowance & you continuing to ignore him without saying

03/22/15 8:37 pm

"I'm sorry dad, I ignored you & I'll go do the dishes." Also, on a side note, if you're truly saved, you don't want to ignore God! You want more of him! You want to obey him to make him happy. You want to do your metaphorical dishes!

03/22/15 9:33 pm

I think it is important not to focus so much on the sins of Prostitutes and Murderers, etc. Remember where they were going to stone the Woman caught in adultery, but Jesus steps in? What does he say? (John 8; also read Matthew 7)

03/22/15 9:40 pm

Yes. He shows her grace and tells her to sin no more.

03/22/15 9:41 pm

I have found that in my life when I have been closest to God (Holy -- not by my own doing, but by God's Grace), is when I have become the least judgmental towards others, while at the same time, realizing how sinful I have become.

03/22/15 9:44 pm

Righteous judgement is different than judgement, on a side note. Also, that doesn't change what the Bible says. I'm not in any way saying that you shouldn't love others and forgive them and accept them, but it is important to repent because it is

03/22/15 9:46 pm

Repentance that determines whether we go to heaven or hell. Yes, it is all important; love, grace, mercy, forgiveness. However, that doesn't mean we can stop asking for forgiveness of our own sins.

03/22/15 9:48 pm

In the Bible, it says that if you do not repent you will go to hell. It does not say that if you do not continually show grace at all times you will go to hell. We need to focus on both. None less than the other. Love, but judge righteously.

03/22/15 9:50 pm

We agree that sin is sin. Yes, we should judge actions and not sinners. I'm not saying that we should lower the bar. In fact Jesus raised the bar so high, that he said that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.

03/22/15 9:52 pm

Then what exactly are you saying?

03/22/15 9:54 pm

Without Jesus, we can not make it to Heaven. Trust me, I have struggled with this, and I have felt like you feel. The Holy Spirit gave me clarity through the Liturgy of his Church. He does not want us to lower the bar or to become moral relativists.

03/22/15 9:57 pm

He wants us to grow in personal holiness. This means growing in relationship, in fath, in obedience, in love. It is in Him that sin is conquered and that hearts are changed

03/22/15 10:03 pm

Often, it is in our repentance that God gives us grace. We agree more than you know. Like I said, I have been where you are. I have to go to bed, but know that I have genuinely enjoyed this dialogue. God Bless.

weallhave1 Tennessee
03/22/15 1:41 am

The thief on the cross next to Jesus didn't repent and Jesus told him he would be in Heaven with Him.

pappaledu
03/22/15 9:51 am

His heart repented, which is enough.

corino Utah
03/22/15 12:11 pm

It is hard to make a case that the man who hung on a cross and had no opportunity to give up his sinful lifestyle has very much to do with the average sinner. The man on the cross had two options, complain or accept his punishment as just.

corino Utah
03/22/15 12:15 pm

If both of those thieves were taken down off their cross which would go back to the life of a thief?

weallhave1 Tennessee
03/22/15 4:25 pm

The question wasn't one of opportunity, but action. Is the action required? No, it's not. If it was, opportunity wouldn't matter.

03/22/15 8:32 pm

When it comes to the theif, Catholic Christians refer to this as Baptism of Desire. He willed to be united with Christ, but because of circumstance, he could not obviously be Baptized. Similarly, God can save those who cry out moments before death.

ohreally
03/25/15 7:16 pm

Check your translation on that verse.
This day in the spirit world.
Faith without works is dead

gelina44 Springfield, MO
03/21/15 10:25 pm

Best way to answer is to read The Word www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/forgiveness-bible-verses/
When we truly repent we turn away from the sin. Even if we sometimes backslide we should always turn away from sin.

steelcity Pittsburgh
03/21/15 8:37 pm

Salvation results in obedience. Obedience demands repentance.
It's not that repentance is a requirement for salvation, it's that a lack of repentance indicates a lack of salvation.

dpoisson Maine
03/21/15 7:20 pm

Mercy is not getting what you deserve, Grace is getting what you don't deserve. It is by faith in Christ Jesus and not of works unto Salvation.

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 8:12 pm

But faith without works is dead

pappaledu
03/22/15 9:52 am

Works justify us before men. FAITH alone justifies us before God. Galatians 2, Titus 3, John 6, etc.

03/22/15 8:50 pm

It's not about Faith vs Works. Both Faith and Works are important. Many Protestants and Catholic Christians disagree on terminology when it comes to Salvation/Justification. However, we agree that it is Christ who saves.

03/22/15 9:03 pm

Some Christians believe that our belief is all that saves us. Others believe that it is Christ working in us that we are saved. All Christians (Protestants and Catholics) should agree that it is not by our own merit that we are saved.

03/22/15 9:15 pm

If you are Catholic and disagree with me, I challenge you to reread this Lent's Sunday Liturgical Readings. To my Protestant brethren, when Scripture speaks against "works," it is in error to associate this with the Catholic understanding of "works."

gatsbyxxv
03/21/15 7:17 pm

I believe God is all forgiving but without repenting, without making amends, without a true constriction, then I believe you are playing with fire.

MrSir2015 California
03/21/15 6:56 pm

This is a loaded question. Neither answers are entirely right: Biblically, you have to repent of your sins to be forgiven. However, God knows that you will continue to sin. But out of respect for him you should make the effort not to do so

MrSir2015 California
03/21/15 6:57 pm

God won't throw somebody into hell that moment they die if they haven't repented their most recent sin.

NOTColonelWest
03/21/15 6:40 pm

He'll forgive, but he won't forget

robclark89 Utah
03/22/15 7:20 am

Wrong. Hebrews 8:12. If we truly repent, the Lord will remember them no more.

03/22/15 7:57 am

Shots fired. 🔫🔫🔫👍

pappaledu
03/22/15 9:53 am

Nice robclark! The prophecy from Jeremiah

ChristIsKing texas
03/21/15 6:20 pm

All is forgiven but if you don't try to repent then you need to question if your truly even saved

leader77 California
03/21/15 6:05 pm

All is forgiven, but you must show that you understand your short comings and have a will to be closer to God.

hoosierwisdom inner voice
03/21/15 5:06 pm

The wording here was a little off for me. As a Christian, I should yearn to change away from sin. Can I? Maybe. Will I? It will be tough as sin is deep

PoliticalMemes Liberty
03/21/15 4:40 pm

You have to have the good intention of not doing it again

ronderman North Carolina
03/21/15 4:09 pm

"Repent" means to turn away. You can't repent from your sins with the knowledge that you will continue with the same sin tomorrow.

That said, I disappoint god every day. I'm sure I don't even know many of the times where I do so. He knows my heart

ronderman North Carolina
03/21/15 4:10 pm

And I do repent and ask for forgiveness of the sins I am aware of. I screw up every day though. We all do. None of us are perfect.

handshown The Midwest West Coast
03/21/15 7:17 pm

I agree very much

With the adultress lady he told her to go and sin no more.

He knew she eventually would sin but I think He set the precedent to actively attempt to sin no more.

kjhopster California
03/21/15 3:50 pm

This is a poorly worded question to me because it is not forgiven if you don't see a problem but all is forgiven if you have repented so it can go both ways

03/21/15 3:37 pm

Jesus was not teaching that obedience to Him was bad.He was teaching that good works alone, without exercising faith in Him, in His atoning sacrifice, in His power to save, was not enough(ie. Pharisees etc) In like manner, faith without works is dead

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 3:10 pm

See Titus 1:15-16-Unto the pure all things are pure but unto them that are defiled & unbelieving is nothing pure... they profess that they know God but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

drself Gated Community
03/21/15 2:47 pm

I would hate to miss Heaven, because I forgot to ask forgiveness for some sin.

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 2:55 pm

(Almost) no one "misses" heaven. We will all be resurrected in the second day and will commune with God as we are comfortable, which is why the three degrees of glory exist. All degrees are heavenly, and far more peaceful than earth :)

drself Gated Community
03/21/15 4:31 pm

Yes, so you believe if a person misses one sin, they go to hell?
I guess you don't believe in eternal salvation.

TheMobius Siberian Gulag
03/22/15 7:14 am

Do you not like me or something? I didn't say that

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 2:44 pm

So many Christians are missing that concept

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 2:44 pm

Matthew 9:13-I am come not to call the righteous, but sinners unto repentance. Christ atoned so that we would be ABLE to repent from our sins and thus obtain eternal life. Yes, salvation is a free gift, but you have to put in your work too!

ldsmom02
03/21/15 2:27 pm

Everyone sins every single day. What counts is what is in your heart and where you are headed and if you take the time to repent of those things you know you should repent of.

03/21/15 2:06 pm

If one does not do that which is required to repent & be forgiven, one cannot be forgiven. Two of those requirements are to forsake the behavior and obey. No forsaking, no obedience = no forgiveness. "Go thy way & sin no more."

jadeburt Ann Arbor, Michigan
03/21/15 2:01 pm

James 2:17 "Faith without works is dead." If we don't try, we don't really even have faith in Christ because our faith should really motivate us to want to become like him.

hazhap1 Las Vegas
03/21/15 1:49 pm

So Christians with tattoos repent for it everyday?

ldsmom02
03/21/15 2:20 pm

Once is enough.you could try to remove the tattoo but God understands your heart and motivation. That is the real test.

ronderman North Carolina
03/21/15 4:06 pm

Tattoos are forbidden in the Old Testament/covenant Jesus came and brought a new covenant. I'm pretty sure that tattoos are no longer forbidden, just like eating pigs and wearing clothing woven of two types of materials.

hazhap1 Las Vegas
03/21/15 5:06 pm

Oh yeah I forgot... The only part of the Old Testament we cling to is that part about the gays, the rest we just dismiss because it's inconvenient.

ronderman North Carolina
03/21/15 6:17 pm

Homosexuality is also mentioned in the New Testament, but your point isn't far from the truth sadly.

bluerum29 optimistic idealist
03/21/15 1:48 pm

I believe you need to admit (confess) your sins. Not all of them individually, and not yo any person, between you and God.

MittKay11 North salt lake city
03/21/15 1:09 pm

You have to forsake the sin, have no desire to commit that sin again, and if needed, confess to a bishop.(I'm Mormon) Also I see a lot of people confused. You do have to actually try and work in life. The atonement is there to make up what you can't.

MittKay11 North salt lake city
03/21/15 1:10 pm

It isn't there to make up every sin you commit that you could have repented from and worked towards improving. You show your faith by your works, and grace will supplement the rest of what you can't.

bwilson2194 Mesa, AZ
03/21/15 2:46 pm

Spot on. Following you now! Yay for LDS people on this app! :)

HalfDozenMama in my scrapbook room
03/22/15 8:54 am

By Grace Alone. The misguided focus on works is the major reason I walked away from the Mormon church 1 week before I was to be baptized. I still shake my head when I remember the missionaries "working with me" to have my stop drinking my 2 cups of

HalfDozenMama in my scrapbook room
03/22/15 8:55 am

coffee daily, and when we'd go to church on Sunday mornings, I'd glance inside other cars parked there and see soda cans, Monster energy drinks, etc. the pure absurdity of it all.

MittKay11 North salt lake city
03/22/15 1:45 pm

Seeing what others do and the poor choices they make shouldn't determine how you think or how you behave. Just because they drink soda and energy drinks, doesn't mean you don't have to not drink coffee.

How could works not play the big role?

MittKay11 North salt lake city
03/22/15 1:47 pm

I remember when I went to buy my first car, my father told me he would help me, but I had to put forward as much time and money as I could. He could make up my short comings, but wouldn't give it all to me for free, that would be poor parenting.

NAJ
03/21/15 12:58 pm

All was forgiven with a price that has been paid, but Jesus isn't a band-aid.

ldsmom02
03/21/15 2:21 pm

All was forgiven as Jesus was the sacrificial lamb. Nevertheless, you cannot avail yourself of the atonement unless you follow the rules, which are to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

DamageInc California
03/21/15 12:52 pm

Why would he forgive if you aren't trying? His grace is their to cover our imperfections, but His grace cannot save us if we don't make an effort. He will save us from our sins, but not in our sins.

Arkansas123 Neoconservative
03/21/15 12:48 pm

If you don't repent now, you'll pay in purgatory.

believer3 California
03/21/15 12:13 pm

I believe God has already judged all the sin of man & the debt is paid in Christ for all, it is finished. There is one unforgivable sin left, not believing in the one God sent, Jesus. A Christian is a sinner following leading of God through Christ.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
03/21/15 12:50 pm

I believe in God... I should go burn down a house and kill the family inside. You "all is forgiven" argument is bs

believer3 California
03/21/15 1:27 pm

It is clear you don't understand what God has done & is doing. A sinner following Christ is changed by God into Christ likeness BY God. Sin was not removed, its power is removed because of what God did thru Christ, knowing not to act out sinful acts

believer3 California
03/21/15 1:33 pm

It's all relationship with God thru faith and the evidence God has given to follow Him in Christ. Not by ones own works or own power or own acts to claim righteousness. Without what God has done in Jesus, sins power over us prevails and we are dead.

03/21/15 2:19 pm

Good points. The atonement of Christ has overcome physical death for all, both the repentant and the unrepentant; both the obedient and the disobedient. All will be resurrected. However, spiritual death can only be overcome by abiding the terms..

03/21/15 2:22 pm

...& conditions Christ established for one to be forgiven of sin, & thereby overcome spiritual death. It is a process, not an event. One becomes like Christ by following Him, by repenting, forsaking the sin, & showing ones love for Him by obedience.

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
03/21/15 12:12 pm

All is indeed forgiven in Christianity, but that's not a free pass to consciously sin as much as possible. I think it's all about maintaining integrity when the chips are down. If you're the kind of person that returns a lost wallet without...

Gunfighter06 Iowa, since 1846
03/21/15 12:13 pm

... taking anything out of it, then you're probably good.

TrojanMan Los Angeles
03/21/15 12:09 pm

There will always be sins we aren't fixing, the point is loving Jesus, and he'll work on our weaknesses. The point is focusing on Him, not to try and not sin at all(which is impossible)

03/21/15 2:31 pm

Good points.It is possible to overcome sin. Work on one thing at a time until you have perfected that thing,&move to the next.We must ask, knock & seek. We must pray & obey. If we mistake, we stand up, pray & work. With His blessing, we can overcome.

03/21/15 2:33 pm

He has commanded us to become like Him. We can do so if we will try & strive to become like Him. We will likely not become perfect in this life, but if we will rely upon Christ & His redeeming power, we will one day succeed.

03/23/15 5:23 pm

When you are saved and your heart belongs to God, can you take from God what belongs to Him?

03/21/15 12:03 pm

Jesus' death paid the dept for all of our sins. If we believe in him, all of our sins are forgiven. Past, present, and future.

DamageInc California
03/21/15 12:54 pm

So I just have to believe and I can do anything I want and be forgiven?

03/21/15 1:17 pm

Did I say you should do whatever you want?

03/21/15 1:19 pm

Conviction shows our understanding for what Jesus has done. But if we believe in Him, He has already forgiven us.

ldsmom02
03/21/15 2:25 pm

Nope you still have to follow his rules. The debt is paid, but you cannot access the atonement without repenting of your sins.

03/21/15 2:36 pm

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that WHOSEVER should BELIEVE in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

DamageInc California
03/21/15 2:45 pm

Be ye therefore perfect; If ye love me, keep my commandments.

You still have to do things. Faith without works is dead.

03/21/15 2:47 pm

A heart truly saved wishes to do good and repent. But it's not a requirement.

03/21/15 3:00 pm

And in that day, many shall say, did we not preach and do many good works in thy name? And He will say, depart from me, ye that work iniquity. I never knew you.

One must obey. Otherwise the atonement is of no effect in their lives spiritually.

03/21/15 3:02 pm

Did that not just say "Did we not do many works in your name?"
I believe it did. No amount of good works will get you to heaven. Believing in Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. And you get to heaven by believing in Him. He said so Himself.

03/21/15 3:04 pm

To access the atonement & overcome spiritual death, one must repent. If one does not repent, one cannot become clean. If one does not become clean, one cannot live in the presence of God. If one does not change themselves, one cannot become like Him.

03/21/15 3:15 pm

Jesus made me clean when He went on the cross. All I have to do is believe in Him. I reiterate John 3:16.

03/21/15 3:20 pm

You may do as you wish. You may show you faith & love without works of righteousness. I will show my love for Him by following Him, by obeying Him. You may believe a life preserver will save you. But if you don't work to grab hold, you will drown.

03/21/15 3:39 pm

03/21/15 3:40 pm

Jesus is my anchor and I am the ship. My faith is the chain. So long as I have faith and believe in Him, I'm saved. Doing good things is good. I follow His teachings out of my love for Him. But good deeds will not get you into heaven.

03/21/15 3:46 pm

Do you eat only as much as you need to live?

03/21/15 8:44 pm

Just as faith without works is dead, so works without faith is dead. The Devils believe, but are not saved. Faith is different than belief. Faith in Christ motivates one to act, to follow Christ. If one's actions do not match their professed faith,

03/21/15 8:47 pm

...then that individual has no faith. They may believe, but their belief is not faith because they simply verbalized without good actions, without righteous works. If one professes belief in Christ but does not follow Him, they have no faith in Him.

03/21/15 8:56 pm

If someone chooses not to follow Christ, then they do not believe in Him. If they did, they'd know the price He payed for them and want to do good. But if you truly believe in Him, then you are saved. That's all you have to do...

03/21/15 8:57 pm

For whosever shall believe Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

DamageInc California
03/22/15 11:36 am

So you take one scripture and base your entire belief in that when there are multiple other scriptures that prove there is more to it than just believing.

03/22/15 11:40 am

I'm just following what Jesus said. All you have to do is believe in Him to be saved. Repentance and conviction comes with a heart that is truly saved.

03/22/15 11:44 am

See, what you believe is "If you repent, then you will be saved."
What Jesus teaches is "If you are saved, then you will repent."
But Jesus teaches the only way to be saved is to believe that He is the Son of God and He came to die for our sins.

DamageInc California
03/23/15 8:42 am

You are only picking one. There are multiple scriptures that talk about being saved. He that endure to the end... He that believes and is baptized... Whosoever callers upon my name... We are saved by hope... You don't just pick one, you do them all.

DamageInc California
03/23/15 8:45 am

Why is it that you are only picking one of the doctrines? Even the evil spirits and the devil himself believe in Jesus, but I don't think they are saved. We have to have faith, hope, be baptized, follow the commandments and endure to the end.

03/23/15 9:23 am

As the Bible tells us, “For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved....

03/23/15 9:23 am

...For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved” (Romans 10:9-11).

DamageInc California
03/23/15 1:41 pm

But you are ignoring all of the other scriptures that tell you to have faith and hope; to be baptized and endure to the end. Are those not scriptural truths? Do we only believe and practice the easy ones?

03/23/15 5:24 pm

When you get saved, your heart belongs to God. Can you take from God what is His?

grifter
03/21/15 11:53 am

Poorly worded question.

brisket Illinois
03/21/15 11:42 am

Part of being forgiven is actually be sorry.

sssss1 arizona
03/21/15 11:37 am

If u really r a Christian, then u will try to repent, but Once you accept Christ you r forgiven from all of your sins.

TheRealEman Virginia
03/21/15 11:35 am

"Does this mean we should continue in sin so that grace may abound? By no means!"

zuko on deck
03/21/15 11:25 am

Forgiveness precedes repentance. That is what grace is. The offer is there before...it's our choice to accept or reject it.

03/21/15 3:16 pm

Grace is a gift, doing something for us that we could not do for ourselves. However, we must do for ourselves that which we are capable of doing. We are capable of loving Him, & showing our love by obeying His commandments & becoming more like Him.

zuko on deck
03/21/15 3:45 pm

Yes. But repentance is more of a response to the full acceptance of God's grace. Not a prerequisite for receiving it in the first place. Repentance is the fruit borne from a branch fully grafted onto the Vine...the product of the seed in good soil.

03/21/15 8:51 pm

Very true. One cannot believe or exercise faith without a knowledge of that thing in which they hope to believe & have faith. When one gains some knowledge of Christ & God's plan of salvation, they can then exercise faith in Him & His redeeming power

03/21/15 8:54 pm

Exercising faith in Christ is one of those things that all must DO in order to receive forgiveness of sins. One must also DO some other things. One must pray, ask for forgiveness, provide restitution, & forsake the sin, & obey/follow Christ.

zuko on deck
03/22/15 4:18 am

Grace leads. Faith follows. Works result.
If works are not present in my life, I am not where I want to be with God relationally. If works ARE present, the converse is not necessarily true.

Alex619 California
03/21/15 11:10 am

While on earth you have to confess and turn away in the sacrament of confession. *evangelical gasp*

dudley northern Virginia woods
03/21/15 11:02 am

All is forgiven. But I try to be as entertaining as possible just in case....