Rainey March 21st, 2015 3:01pm

Do you think that spouses who continually sleep in different bedrooms is an indicator of a failing marriage?

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
03/22/15 8:27 pm

No. My sister and her hubby does because she snores. LOUD.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
03/22/15 8:34 pm

I can't take it. Pretty sure they all do this.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
03/22/15 7:01 pm

My guy snores loudly. It took me a long time to get used to it, but the physical closeness we share in bed is really important to us. Luckily, I was able to get used to the snoring. I can definitely understand how some would have to sleep separately.

lcamino Florida and Georgia
03/22/15 5:26 pm

I think that the physical closeness is the important thing . Sleeping together, snuggling, bonds you.

Yoko318 Utah
03/22/15 12:46 pm

In general, I do. There is always an exception to any rule, though.

Injectable Trump Killed Babbitt
03/22/15 11:42 am

My uncle and his wife do this. I thought it was weird, and then I stayed the night and heard my uncle snore. One wall isn't enough. I think they need to build him an outbuilding.

HalfDozenMama in my scrapbook room
03/22/15 9:29 am

My parents started sleeping separate when Dad was Dx'd with sleep apnea and he got the machine that kept Mom awake. My husband works 3rd shift so we don't sleep together and sometimes I like the space and no snoring, but most times I miss him dearly.

berniefreex44 Elsmere, KY
03/22/15 9:13 am

My parents have slept in separate rooms for years, and they're fine. It's just because of bed space and sleeping habits. It has nothing to do with a "failing marriage".

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/22/15 9:00 am

I used to...and while I still think it's somewhat strange I realize every couple is different and sometimes it just works better that way for them.

user321 Indiana
03/22/15 6:46 am

Snoring...I might divorce him if we did share a bed.

ronderman North Carolina
03/21/15 5:36 pm

I would have major issues and would continually be trying to fix what was keeping us in separate beds. It's a personal issue though.

Pirate Uses the Tap
03/21/15 2:17 pm

No. Me & my partner have been sleeping in different bedrooms for 20 years.

Wert A picture of my junk
03/21/15 1:55 pm

No. We frequently sleep in different rooms because our schedules are often so different.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
03/21/15 11:57 am

It would be in my own but as shown below that's not always the case.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/21/15 10:39 am

Probably not, it would depend on why. If it's because they just can't stand each other, then maybe yes, but if it is for any number of practical reasons it means nothing at all.

susanr Colorado
03/21/15 10:25 am

No, I wouldn't, because I know couples who did that and were very happily married, including my grandparents who had separate bedrooms for as long as I can remember.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
03/21/15 9:37 am

No. We've slept separately our entire relationship, except on weekends anyway. He snores loudly. We have different schedules. We both get a better night's sleep alone and we both enjoy having our own space/room. It works quite well for us.

CorblaKhan Team Skynet
03/21/15 8:51 am

It is possible bot hardly conclusive. I admit that my initial, knee jerk reaction is to think that they are in trouble but my mom often sleeps separately from my stepfather and they are doing very well. On its own, it sounds bad but means nothing.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
03/21/15 8:46 am

Possibly, but not inherently.

onendone On a Beach
03/21/15 8:45 am

I understand to each his own and we may have different motivation but I would view it as the marriage is missing something.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/21/15 8:37 am

No. I'm a very light sleeper my husband is a kicker and a very loud snorer a bed hog and a blanket hog. We both sleep much better separately. He doesn't like me to wake him up and tell him the rollover so he's not snoring or tell him I need some

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/21/15 8:37 am

room or blankets.

MrsCzarCastic
03/21/15 8:25 am

Not at all, especially if the couple has sleep issues. Czar always jokes that we should sleep in separate bedrooms because of his sleep problems, but we have a king-sized bed and make it work.

TierasPet
03/21/15 8:19 am

Sometimes but that usually isn't why they do it.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
03/21/15 8:07 am

Not exactly. Likely just an indicator that one (or both) of them snores.

Rainey 633 Stag Trail Road
03/21/15 8:03 am

I've met two married couples who do this. One is gong through a divorce the other couple is very happy together. I couldn't imagine not sleeping in the same room with my husband.