Optimus1 March 21st, 2015 2:25pm

In modern day socially acceptable demonizing standards, is there a difference between "political correctness" and "forced conformity"?

FarmerManE djent
03/22/15 1:05 pm

You can choose to be politically correct, or you can choose not. There is no law.
Were as you can choose to not kill people, or get sent to jail for killing people

lcrowhurst1 Stevensville, MD
03/21/15 10:18 pm

Yes but it is often a grey area or a blurred line

drhenry please enlighten me
03/21/15 5:38 pm

As far as I know, no one is "forced" to be politically correct. It's encouraged by some, but not forced.

03/21/15 8:26 pm

Really? College professors ban students from participating their classes, for no other reason than their personal views of homosexuality. I can list many other examples of you like?

drhenry please enlighten me
03/22/15 6:49 am

I've never heard of that, but I don't doubt you. It's very unfortunate are that something like that happened. Is it really so common, though, that this extreme becomes the rule and that modern day standards in general are "demonizing"?

03/22/15 6:50 am

Actually, yes it is. Even the American flag is demonized. Do you not watch the news at all, or keep it on MSNBC?

03/22/15 6:51 am

Do you know your own president refuses to wear the American Flag pin?

drhenry please enlighten me
03/22/15 6:58 am

I've never seen MSNBC. Also, what does the president not wearing a particular pin have to do with this?

03/22/15 7:22 am

What does it have to do with it? Interesting. His liberal hatred for the fundamental structure of this great country, has lead to the flag being deemed politically incorrect. He doesn't just not wear it, but ashamed and refuses, there's difference.

drhenry please enlighten me
03/23/15 2:51 pm

Just because he doesn't wear it doesn't mean you or others can't wear it. If he doesn't want to, it's not "demonizing", in my opinion.

03/23/15 5:22 pm

Your opinion? The POTUS, in the eye of We The People, is the representation of our country and the direction it is being led. A personification of you will. So, your opinion is therefore minusculed by the illustrated arrogance of this "great leader".

drhenry please enlighten me
03/23/15 7:35 pm

How is not wearing a specific pin "arrogance"?

03/21/15 7:28 am

Racism, prejudice and bigotry, used to be an issue of treating someone differently, which is truly unacceptable and horrid behavior. This has evolved into ideology. If you THINK something, progressives act as if you should eat a bullet.

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 7:31 am

I said no, but it's because some people take it way too far. Using exactly the right words, in my opinion, isn't really important. If you ask me, it's about respect. You can respect someone without knowing all the right vocabulary.

03/21/15 7:32 am

There is no excuse for racism, on any level. But having personal views on sexuality issues or someone's choices or behaviors, without being an activist, shouldn't be a demonizable offense.

03/21/15 7:33 am

Wise replies, both.

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 7:35 am

To deny privilege is foolish, but no one should feel guilty about how they were born.

03/21/15 7:45 am

I agree that no one should feel guilty for how they where born. The issue now is, it has been taken steps further in the opposite direction. "If you THINK, you are therefor demonized as a bigot". Is this liberal treatment also acceptable behavior?

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 7:50 am

Thoughts without actions are empty, are they not?

03/21/15 8:19 am

Exactly the point of this conversation, well done. Mind control, is what North Korea does to their citizens. Absolute conformity or death to you and hard labor to your extended family. Thoughts without action, not a concept accepted by liberals.

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 8:24 am

See, and I'm very left-leaning myself. But I do see the problems.

03/21/15 8:49 am

I know you are, that's why this is such a great discussion. Certain Bipartisan issues, should be definable by the element human nature. People should be who they are, not who society feels they should be.

03/21/15 8:51 am

Some Conservative groups are to blame as well. I wouldn't want to label liberal ideology as the only problem.

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 8:54 am

Exactly. And it really shouldn't be that difficult, you know? A little respect goes a long way. We're not going to agree on everything, but we're all doing the best we can.

firefly5 the verse
03/21/15 9:03 am

As presented, absolutely. There's a lot of hyperbole from both sides. But there is privilege there. But then, holding that against someone makes as much sense as holding it against someone that they're born into poverty.