NateE March 16th, 2015 3:01am

Do you believe in some sort of an afterlife?

Maelthus
03/16/15 5:21 pm

Only through our children, and as the energy and matter of our bodies becomes part of the universe, and used to create new life. The beauty of the universe is that matter and energy never really die.

CowHick See 8ch
03/16/15 5:08 pm

Yes I think one can exist freely in an ethereal state in paradise or one can choose a new baby body to bond with once the time is appropriate and near the birthday.

NickD528 For The People
03/16/15 1:49 pm

Sometimes you gotta drop the "Mmm, yes science is great! It's life!" act and just have some faith. Stop being a miserable sack of meat and see how much happier you can be with a faith. You may not agree with it early on, but you will be much happier.

persuader
03/16/15 9:39 am

Yes, absolutely! We are all sons & daughters of Father in Heaven, of God, who loves us. This mortal life is simply a brief period of time away from Him to see if we will seek after Him and will follow His example by obedience to Him.

timeout Boston Strong
03/16/15 9:31 am

No I do not. One living beyond his time here on earth just doesn't make sense to me.

koalapanda The Universe
03/16/15 8:17 am

An afterlife affiliated with a god or religion? Don't believe that at all, because I need actual evidence to believe something. But if you want to consider people remembering you after you die, then yes.

NateE Moderate Republican
03/16/15 9:04 am

An afterlife doesn't have to involve god or religion

greeengoddess Minnesota
03/16/15 5:24 am

I think it's possible, and I think reincarnation especially (compared to other beliefs) makes sense, but I wouldn't say I necessarily believe in any of it.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/16/15 5:18 am

I don't. Beyond the complete lack of evidence, all versions of it seem completely made up, and it seems unlikely from a rational point of view. What purpose could it possibly serve? Wouldn't it get crowded? Wouldn't it be a drain on the system?

rbrown Kansas
03/16/15 5:05 am

I believe lots of afterlife ideas could be true. However, they are definitely all fictional.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
03/16/15 5:50 am

"Definitely?" And how, per se, have you gained this knowledge that billions of people since the beginning of time have been unable to prove?

rbrown Kansas
03/16/15 7:04 am

By "fictional", I meant that they have been made up by people with no proof. I stated that they could be true.

persuader
03/16/15 9:36 am

It is noteworthy to point out that it is a presumption on your part"...that they have been made up by people without proof." There is much evidence given to those who exhibit faith in God. Why would God reveal anything to one who refuses to believe?

rbrown Kansas
03/16/15 10:01 am

Every religion has its revealed truth about what happens after death. Many conflict with other theories. That's fine for believers. The poll question asked what I believe. I believe it's all fiction.

SticksandStones Stop fearmongering
03/16/15 10:22 am

You weren't giving an opinion, you were stating that they were fiction. There's a difference.

rbrown Kansas
03/16/15 10:57 am

It's my opinion that they are fiction. Feel free to disagree as I do with you.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
03/16/15 4:14 am

I had a dream about my mother last night. It scared me. She's been dead for 2 years.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
03/16/15 6:59 am

I dreamt of my grandmother the other night.

persuader
03/16/15 11:09 pm

It is true that her body is dead. However, her spirit lives. She knows & loves you as much as she has ever known & loved you. Perhaps you might find some comfort by considering some of these revealed truths about life.

www.mormon.org/#

inge MIA
03/15/15 10:53 pm

I wish I did but I don't. My boyfriend does and it sounds so comforting...I just can't pretend there is an afterlife.

Axl752 NY
03/15/15 10:55 pm

I can totally relate

persuader
03/16/15 11:11 pm

Very honest comments, and very understandable as to why you feel the way you do. You might consider pondering about some of these revealed truths.

www.mormon.org/#

Brandon1995 San Francisco
03/15/15 9:03 pm

I want too. It would make dying less scary. But I can't bring myself to believe in it.

persuader
03/16/15 11:12 pm

www.mormon.org/#

tenletters New York
03/15/15 8:36 pm

No. It's both a terrifying and comforting thought.

susanr Colorado
03/15/15 8:18 pm

Not at all.

drewseph17 San Francisco
03/15/15 8:10 pm

if reincarnation counts, then yes.

NateE Moderate Republican
03/15/15 8:13 pm

Why do you believe in reincarnation? I'm not doubting you, just wondering

drewseph17 San Francisco
03/15/15 8:18 pm

I don't really know why I do. I just feel like it's a possibility. I see it more as we relive the same life over and over, not necessarily the same movie but the same character, if that makes sense.
and no I am not Hindu.

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/15/15 8:07 pm

I do whole heartedly

NateE Moderate Republican
03/15/15 8:12 pm

What makes you so sure? I'm not doubting you at all so don't mistake me, but do you have any big reasons to believe? Any experience, facts, or anything like that

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/15/15 8:27 pm

I was raised with both Catholic and Jehovah Witness and it allowed me to question and search for where I fit. I had doubts and questions but while searching I found wonderful friends and just felt blessed. There are miracles every day you just have

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/15/15 8:31 pm

to look for them As I read my bible I started looking to see if the places they described so long ago could be found today and they can How the world we live on is set up so perfectly to support us I can't see how that could have happened by accident

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/15/15 8:35 pm

Jesus said "I know them, and they follow me; and I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand." Believing gives me peace and makes my life so rewarding.

Axl752 NY
03/15/15 8:12 pm

Because I haven't seen any evidence that points to an afterlife. Before I was born I had no consciousness, no awarness. I believe when we die that's what we go back to.

persuader