Mattwall1 March 15th, 2015 5:39pm

Within the United States, are tolerance and acceptability levels of non whites within largely white communities tied in some way to the levels of white employment and risk of white unemployment at the expense of non whites?

aclincoln memphis
03/15/15 8:24 pm

eh, maybe. I think the main reason though is bc whites have a better opportunity for education due to their socioeconomic advantage compared to other races. minorities are less likely to be hired bc they weren't properly prepared like whites

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/15/15 2:57 pm

The numbers and visibility of minorities might be threatening to some whites, but I doubt it has anything to do with competition for employment. If it did, I'd expect areas of racial unrest to mirror white unemployment rates. I don't think they do.

knetzere Illinois
03/15/15 1:45 pm

As hard as it might be for you to believe this I've been told by the majority of our contract partners mostly from India that the U.S. Is the least racist and most inclusive country that their company staffs people in

knetzere Illinois
03/15/15 1:46 pm

They staff people all over Europe in China Japan and South America

redsox95 New England
03/15/15 12:44 pm

How about we stop dividing? Continuous division will only make a problem out of something that's not.

As long as you keep talking about something, it will continue to be MADE a problem, even if it's really not.

kermie gaytopia
03/15/15 12:30 pm

Can you rephrase this for the layperson?

Do minorities threaten white jobs? Is that what you're asking?

DrReid Ever present.
03/15/15 12:39 pm

In many or perhaps most white majority communities, presence of Minorities are tolerated and accepted as long as they remain a token few. Too many and they start to feel threatened.

rons WOKE is sick
03/15/15 10:49 am

I think people prefer to live amongst their own.

DrReid Ever present.
03/15/15 12:20 pm

"Their own?"

Wtf does that even mean? We are all human beings. That's just antiquated thinking.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
03/15/15 7:25 pm

If you think of a socioeconomic and background (education, age, etc), like people (forgetting race) do tend to group together. I'm very much middle class and so is my housing community, but it's very diverse

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
03/15/15 7:26 pm

My street is more diverse than the U.S. as a whole, but we all have a lot in common.