Shazam March 15th, 2015 4:00am

Which group's work has the better chance of enduring in perpetuity: A) Politicians, Kings, Queens, etc. or B) Authors, Painters, Philosophers, Poets, etc.?

ron6923 parts unknown
03/15/15 11:02 pm

Ask the prehistorian that painted in those caves.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
03/15/15 2:22 pm

Rulers: change cultures and environments.
Art may be pervasive and cross cultures, but the political structures and rulers of the Western Works have made a scar that will endure generations.

NOTColonelWest
03/15/15 10:46 am

We still have exact translations of stories written by the Greeks, but only the abstract of their laws and customs. Their art lived longer than their rule, and in a purer form

DonWichita Kansas
03/15/15 9:46 am

Rulers, laws are made but seldom removed. Politicians, just re-interpret them for their own purposes.

CountryBoyGA Forsyth
03/15/15 7:17 am

Well I mean most (modern some past) liberal artists tend to kill themselves because someone critiques their work. Rulers tend to work in different variations of ideas. I'd say rulers.

rons WOKE is sick
03/15/15 5:46 am

Somebody has to work for a living.

zack1018 Ich will nach Stuttgart
03/15/15 12:36 am

You mentioned the word "chance", so based on that I would say politicians simply because there are so many more artists, poets, and musicians out there than there are politicians.

NOTColonelWest
03/15/15 10:48 am

I think he meant as a group. Like, what will still be culturally relevant a thousand years from today, our best book or our best politician? At least, that's what I think he meant

Arananthi Literal Ninja
03/14/15 9:29 pm

Look back at history. Universally, the oldest documents from any given part of the world are governmental.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
03/14/15 9:30 pm

ARAN - well.....there are those caveman paintings......

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/14/15 9:06 pm

People will still be reading Heinlein a thousand years from now, and thinking man, that guy must have been a time traveller or something. The mercenary musings of dime-a-dozen politicians won't be read by anyone but historians a generation from now.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
03/14/15 9:29 pm

What about Catherine the Great, Joseph II, or Q Elizabeth I? Could I guess throw Abraham Lincoln in that mix too. I tend to agree with you broadly though.