Christian1459 March 14th, 2015 6:14pm

I believe that some women that wear makeup frequently think that is the only way persons will think they are beautiful (though it starts with their own perception). I don't feel this is right to teach younger generations.

CallieCat ginger princess
03/14/15 3:37 pm

I wear make up because I like it and it makes me feel pretty, I don't wear makeup for others

03/14/15 4:38 pm

Well that is good. I'm not saying it's bad to wear for females in general. I'm saying some wear it for wrong reasons or reasons that really wouldn't be necessary.

cyanospool The Deep North
03/14/15 3:09 pm

I don't think that's accurate. As a make-up wearing woman myself, my reasons are because it enhances my current features and humans are biologically wired to view slightly more exaggerated features as more attractive. Feeling attractive means I have

cyanospool The Deep North
03/14/15 3:09 pm

. . . a higher baby-making value which means I have a better chance of passing on my genes which is the only reason anyone does anything in the end.

03/14/15 4:40 pm

So, are you beautiful? (Your own opinion of yourself).

cyanospool The Deep North
03/14/15 7:33 pm

Without makeup I consider myself reasonably good-looking. Beautiful in my own eyes, but on any sort of objective standard I have no idea. Beauty seems more subjective.

03/16/15 6:19 pm

Well that is good. It starts with yourself. That's what I was saying. If don't feel you're "good-looking" in your own view, you use make up to persuade yourself of that. Correct? (Not meaning you, but women in general). Bottom-line. It's about

foodienurse Smalltimore
03/14/15 2:50 pm

I think some women feel beautiful with, some feel beautiful without. Doesn't really matter as long as it's from within.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/14/15 12:56 pm

Maybe for a few, it certainly isn't common among the women I know. Some wear makeup because they just like to, but most don't, or only do for special occasions where they feel it is part of the dress code. She should wear it only if she wants to.

03/14/15 4:44 pm

Agree, if she WANTS to, not she needs to. Differentiating between the two is I think important. A female could think she wants the make up to enhance herself, but frequently does it making her eventually think she NEEDS to.

treble
03/14/15 12:26 pm

I believe that a lot of women wear makeup because they like to. Not because they want to look good for anyone else, but because it feels nice to look pretty sometimes.

03/14/15 4:45 pm

Feel pretty to themselves? Or both themselves and others around?

treble
03/16/15 3:44 pm

Themselves

RoDe Latinus wordsus
03/14/15 12:01 pm

I agree, but their perception is not incorrect. Our current society does value physical beauty, so the problem isn't only the individual recognizing that and perpetuating it, but also the orientation of the society itself.

DrDollylonglegs in the lab... again
03/14/15 12:00 pm

I feel like I look a little better with a dab of mascara, sure... but when I go all out on my makeup it's not for anyone but me and my own artistic fun.

03/14/15 4:48 pm

That's what I'm trying to point out. Females should be putting make up on for themselves not others. Also the ones that only feel beautiful in general if wearing it. This excludes clothes. Clothes can attract people just as much as face, though face

03/14/15 4:48 pm

Is looked at first, I feel if ads dialed down, there wouldn't be this much insecurity. My personal opinion.

firefly5 the verse
03/14/15 11:21 am

I agree so very much. Wear makeup if you like, but don't think that you need it to be beautiful.

TierasPet
03/14/15 11:32 am

Couldn't have said it better.

susanr Colorado
03/14/15 1:04 pm

I feel really sad when I hear a woman say, even jokingly, that she won't go out of the house without "putting my face on."

03/14/15 1:11 pm

Yes, it is sad indeed.

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 11:18 am

I agree. It should be an optional thing, an artistic outlet, not a requirement. I wore makeup at work the other day which i usually dont (its hot and i start super early). First regular tells me i actually look like a girl today, then i get told i

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 11:18 am

Look healthy today. Um thanks...lol

firefly5 the verse
03/14/15 11:20 am

It gets hot in Wisconsin?

03/14/15 11:28 am

Many times have I heard that from female friends. It enhances their looks by a bit which catch my eye, but they certainly do not wear everything (maybe just eyeliner and foundation) everyday. You have these women and even young girls that wear

03/14/15 11:31 am

They wear all of it... Making it look like society thinks you NEED this to be "better". This travels to young teenaged girls. Now on top of hormones, PMS at times, stress from school/work/home life, you now have them thinking they are only beautiful

03/14/15 11:32 am

If they "enhance" who they are, which at that age, identifying themselves is already a thing. If ads tell them who they are or should be, then they are not "themselves".

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 12:08 pm

@firefly- rarely, but the coffee shop i supervise at is a sauna lol, plus we move a lot.

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 12:10 pm

@christian- i hear the same thing from friends too. And even my younger sister. She had acne and in high school wouldnt leave the house without it because she felt ugly. It was sad. Theres also this sense that makeup looks professional- which is a

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 12:11 pm

Serious double standard since men arent expected to put that time and money into making themselves look acceptable. Everyones unpainted face should be a ok.

aj1545 Cat Lady
03/14/15 12:12 pm

I just cant get over needing makeup to "look like a girl". I am one with or without lol

03/14/15 12:14 pm

Agree. You are beautiful if you are beautiful, I once said. Let that sink in. It sounds simple, but look at it with a deeper perspective.

firefly5 the verse
03/14/15 12:16 pm

Well said. It needs to be said more often.