Shazam March 13th, 2015 10:03pm

Is there anything in your refrigerator right now that has been in there too long for you to feel comfortable consuming it?

Liberatheist Mustafar
03/15/15 5:20 pm

There's roast beef in my fridge that's been sitting there since September. My roommate doesn't know that but if he did he'd have a fit.

leilu SoCal
03/13/15 11:30 pm

I clean out my fridge every trash day

Wino I need a drink
03/13/15 5:15 pm

I clean it out every few days. It's a fight with my husband when he is home because he bases cleaning out by smell whereas I use time in fridge. I have a sensitive stomach so bad food must go.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/13/15 4:53 pm

Maybe the milk, because no matter how fresh it is, it's still nasty. But typically no. We're very good about rotating our stores, and get rid of anything questionable every Wednesday evening (Thursday is trash day).

chickencookie Jihad Joe
03/13/15 4:11 pm

You caught me on the right day! I cleaned it today, shelves and all. But I usually keep on top of it.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
03/13/15 3:52 pm

I figure something in this must have expired by now, so I went with that for an answer.

kermie gaytopia
03/13/15 3:46 pm

Ugh. Yes. That comes with living with roommates who never clean up after themselves. I'm the only one who ever cleans the fridge and I feel weird about throwing out their food until it's clearly covered in mold.

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 3:40 pm

A bottle of pomegranate juice that my ex-SO took a swig out of about a year ago. It was intended to be cooked down into pomegranate molasses, & the boiling would probably kill any cooties, but it made me uneasy to I kept putting it off. I should

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 3:41 pm

just throw it out. And a tub of olives from a salad bar. I'm never sure how long it's safe to eat those. I think I'll throw them out too.

Otherwise, it's spiffy. I check all through it every week before I shop on Thursdays.

kermie gaytopia
03/13/15 3:45 pm

Treat yourself to some new POM :)

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 3:49 pm

I should. It's a large bottle, though (48 oz) of pure juice, no sugar or anything else. It was expensive, & I had a great coupon, which of course I don't have now. Hmph. I ought to make him pay for it, except he does all sorts of good stuff for us.

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 3:51 pm

OK, I dumped it. (The POM, not the ex-SO; that happened decades ago.)

If the grocery store just carried pomegranate molasses I wouldn't have this problem.

kermie gaytopia
03/13/15 3:53 pm

Yeah it's definitely expensive. Pomegranates are not efficient for juice. Fwiw I wouldn't have had any qualms about boiling it after someone drank from it.

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 3:55 pm

I should have done it right away, & then I would have been fine with it. I was too busy while he was here for a couple weeks, & then I forgot.

TierasPet
03/13/15 3:04 pm

Nope. You caught me right after I cleaned it out.