SunsetLeopard March 13th, 2015 4:41pm

Do you feel like society rewards bad behavior more than it does good behavior? (Such as: continuously complaining at a busy food place gets you free food while waiting patiently gets you nothing)

MackGray Jiving and Shucking
03/13/15 5:24 pm

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

TierasPet
03/13/15 10:33 am

Yes, just look at the news. Bad behavior and tragedy get huge attention. Good behavior and acts of random kindness are almost never mentioned.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 10:37 am

Very true...people tend to discipline their kids the same way. They do something bad you have timeouts, spankings, privileges taken away etc...but rewards for good behavior are sometimes quite scarce. I'm determined to focus more on our son's good

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 10:38 am

Behavior than his bad. Short, simple, quick discipline for bad behavior and dramatic, "big" rewards for good.

TierasPet
03/13/15 10:44 am

Very true sunset. Rewarding good behavior is extremely important.

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/13/15 10:46 am

To reward good behavior we used mommy and daddy dollars we made a chart for their reward choices and how much they would need to earn. I feel it was effective and fun

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 11:52 am

Oh that's a good idea...we'll have to do something like that

typetype level 2 pretty
03/13/15 10:30 am

Recently, I've seen things like that happen more frequently. Don't know if it's just the big city, weirdo Californians, customer service people having off days, me becoming old &bitter... I don't think Texas is the coolest thing ever--but I know I

typetype level 2 pretty
03/13/15 10:35 am

It seemed to happen less there--at Starbucks the line was out the door and an employee was behind the counter sweeping. I made the mng decision to ask for a mng and ask of she could maybe hop on the bar or take drink orders or do something other than

typetype level 2 pretty
03/13/15 10:38 am

Sweep while the line was out the door. wasn't rude I was more objective customer and the mng was kinda like whatever lady. I hate my job and I hate you and had the employee keep sweeping while we all waited in a line out the door 4 some sugar trash

typetype level 2 pretty
03/13/15 10:42 am

That example had nothing to do with anything . I award myself no points and am now logging off. 😔😽

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 10:44 am

Haha well I do understand there are circumstances where the business isn't performing properly...so I get that, but @ least you were still nice about it. I hear some people just ranting and raving to get attention when the company is trying its best

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/13/15 10:11 am

I used to mange a bar and on occasion we would get some who would complain loudly and usually when their was nothing left on their plate. First offer a discount or gift certificate and end up comping their meal. Loud Customer is always right

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 10:31 am

Exactly...and I just don't agree with it...it's not the company's fault...they are just trying to make everyone happy but I can't stand people who abuse it like that

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/13/15 10:37 am

I agree completely.

SunsetLeopard Still writing my story
03/13/15 9:42 am

Not saying in the example situation you should get anything for waiting patiently, but I know for a fact the people I'm referring to only bitched so much so they could get their meal free