curtron March 13th, 2015 1:25pm

Inspired by suppressed id: Have you ever removed recyclable refuse from a trash can and put it in a nearby recycling receptacle?

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 11:24 am

Yes, but mainly at an annual event I help with, where we appropriate city park trash & recycle containers, and not all the participants put things in the right place. We like to leave the park spiffy, better than we found it.

I don't do it at

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 11:25 am

my apartment complex, which has dumpster-size recycling containers in every parking lot. Because if I started last month I'd probably still be out there sorting stuff. You don't want to get me started on how aggravated this makes me, partly

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 11:27 am

because the incorrect dumping in the recycle container (as well as in the trash container; it's not illegal to put more than a certain percentage of cardboard in it, but people do it) directly increases our trash fee.

curtron basement of the Alamo
03/13/15 6:18 pm

I was walking through my campus and outside of a convenience-ish store there were three trash cans overflowing with discarded plastic bottles. But nowhere to put it. I had to cringe as I walked passed them three times.

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 6:24 pm

This isn't quite the same, but your comment brought it to mind: instagram.com/p/dYElf0oEYJ/

I don't know how much of that stuff is recyclable, but it's annoying anyway. Many places around here *do* provide containers for recycling the

susanr Colorado
03/13/15 6:25 pm

recyclables that they generate - fast-casual places, that is. I'm annoyed that Starbucks doesn't (not outside anyway; I haven't been inside it for a couple years).

typetype level 2 pretty
03/13/15 11:05 am

Take em in turn em in for cash. CRV. Trife life. Big city.

GlockMan1 Alabama
03/13/15 6:41 am

All the time. My wife is constantly putting plastic milk jugs in the trash.

TierasPet
03/13/15 6:35 am

I have but only at home.