smarttexan March 13th, 2015 12:57pm

Do police show they think of themselves as more important than the citizens they are paid to protect when they spend more energy & resources hunting suspects who harm or kill police than they do hunting suspects who harm or kill regular people?

BusinessJustin Tamriel
03/13/15 8:57 am

No, I think it's perfectly fine. They already work on the dangerous edges of our society and face the risks associated with that, but when they can't even show up for work because of fear of being a target, that's a problem.

allswel Minnesota
03/13/15 6:44 am

Lots of issues with group think is policing, but I do not believe this is one of them. If the police are not able to safely perform their duties, they are no good to the rest of us. If they are walking in fear, they will make a lot of bad decisions.

smarttexan More Moderate Than U
03/13/15 3:26 pm

I do agree they need not to feel like targets. I wonder if there are different ways to drive safety. For example, building relationships with the community, focusing on working together and not controlling...

allswel Minnesota
03/13/15 3:32 pm

I violently agree with you on that smart. You don't attack peacekeepers, and we hold peacekeepers accountable for their actions. Most of those actions should be along the lines you outlined.

Ru12bseen Ignoring the Ignorant
03/13/15 6:15 am

Their cliquish (nearly mob) mentality drives them to feel more "aggressive" when one of their own is taken down. It's seemingly unavoidable and also happens within groups of soldiers but is expected there.

sojourner present
03/13/15 6:00 am

I don't think so. I think it shows first they are human. We would all want priority given for those of our "family" that have been targeted. Secondly, it makes it more difficult for them to do their jobs of protecting us if they are being targeted.

smarttexan More Moderate Than U
03/13/15 3:27 pm

You are right. It's human to close ranks when something bad happens.