Rotavele March 13th, 2015 4:09am

Israel launches a nuclear tipped Jericho III ICBM and it hits Tehran. Turkey (Ally), Egypt, Saudi Arabia (Ally), Iran, Iraq, Jordan (Friend), Oman, Qatar (Friend), UAE (Friend), and Libya in a coalition declare war on Israel. Who do we side with?

bassic
03/15/15 10:57 am

Always question anything that wealthy old people think is a good idea! Especially wealthy old Republicans.

bassic
03/15/15 10:59 am

*people who identify as Republicans, that is.

bassic
03/15/15 10:53 am

Fuck Israel forever for their treatment of other humans.

jlheathfam
03/14/15 8:22 pm

Totally depends. Are they retaliating or countering an existential threat?

commonsense Read another book
03/14/15 1:00 pm

Definitely side with Israel. As they are defending themselves from years of Iranian sponsored terrorism and threats as well as Iran gaining a nuke.

skinner Wisconsin
03/14/15 5:21 am

You forgot to put "(friend)" next to Israel.

I would have to know the events that led up to the attack before I could make a decision.

allswel Minnesota
03/13/15 1:50 pm

I think in that case we should work very hard to find a way to side against war. I would side with the coalition up to the point of war. That may include punitive measures against Israel.

CudOfCow Oregon
03/13/15 1:35 pm

Israel. and...what a fucking mess it would be. I truely hope that never happens.

spicysteve M14D SBS
03/13/15 12:26 pm

Who would we side with? I don't know. Probably coalition.
Who should we side with? Absolutely coalition

BCassassin
03/13/15 6:05 am

Where's the, "stay out of it" option

rons on top of the world MA
03/13/15 5:31 am

Always with Israel! Blow em up!

NDAmerican WV Escapee
03/13/15 5:07 am

Depends on the series of events preceding the launch. Though if it just came out of thin air Id side with the Coalition. But the gambler in me would choose Israel seeing they would win.

Liberty Lets Use Logic
03/13/15 3:24 am

Who is "we" in this scenario, and am I picking how "we" would side, or how "we" should side?

badattitude no place like home
03/13/15 12:23 am

They wouldn't do it unless Iran launched a nuke first. But it would be suicide if they did, Israel would turn Iran to glass. So nobody is going to launch one first. A mistake might end it all though.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
03/12/15 11:07 pm

I want to pick the coalition, but as much as Israel seems more trouble than it has ever been worth, any country that takes out Saudi Arabia deserves a special bonus and a second chance.

chrismisen atlanta
03/12/15 10:54 pm

the coalition, but only because israel launched the missile. none of the countries in that coalition like us. some openly despise us. i would rather stay out of it

PrinceOberyn Io Himeros
03/12/15 10:00 pm

We ought to ionize that irritating thorn (seriously, Israel is thorn shaped) the moment they launch the missile.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 9:44 pm

The United States adopted a "First Strike/Preemptive Doctrine during the Bush Administration. Sometimes called the Bush Doctrine. That being the case how can we not support an allies who take similar actions? See the link below.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 9:50 pm

That being the case while I don't think we should support such an act it seems reasonable that our allies would expect to defend themselves similarly. See the link below. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

allswel Minnesota
03/13/15 1:47 pm

I would really like to see the US repudiate the Bush Doctrine, publicly and without reservation. It is not like we do have enough evidence that it does not work.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/13/15 2:04 pm

I agree but not likely to happen during Obama's presidency- he'd be in for even worse treatment than he gets now.

droo Santa Barbara
03/12/15 9:39 pm

Jesus Christ, Israel could slaughter babies, burn the American flag, and desecrate Reagan's grave and Republicans would side with them.

fernando1999 Texas
03/12/15 9:36 pm

As much as I like Israel, I would side with the coalition. Im a republican and I know the stereotyoe is that ALL republicans are pro-israel 100% of the time. But I have my issues with Israel. I don't think there would ever be a justifiable reason

fernando1999 Texas
03/12/15 9:37 pm

for any country to without warning launch a nuclear attack on another country.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 9:53 pm

I agree however since the Bush administration installed the first strike doctrine that has not been US National Security Strategy - if Obama changed it I'm thinking we would have heard. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

Maj Worth Economist
03/12/15 9:32 pm

We will side with Israel. But we shouldn't.

Maynard Londor
03/12/15 9:21 pm

In this situation, hopefully the coalition, but I wouldn't be surprised if we backed Israel. If anything, we shouldn't get involved, other than diplomatically.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
03/12/15 9:17 pm

Israel.
I'd prefer to back the winner, and I have no doubt Israel would win that fight.

MrMilkdud Pref pronouns Thou Thee
03/12/15 9:19 pm

And most of those countries are allies on paper only. They want our money and our refineries. Other than that, they think we're the devil.

MarketSocialist
03/15/15 5:33 am

Dud, are you implying that Israel does not do the exact same thing? Shut off that Israeli aid money, we'll see how long our "friends" in Israel continue to "support" us.

coolwearm Colorado
03/12/15 9:13 pm

While I'm all for Israel, they would be breaking laws of war and international codes. So I'm siding with coalition.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
03/12/15 9:13 pm

Coalition. Anybody who launches a nuclear first strike without warning and without being at war is in the wrong.

GubraLagima Tramp 2016
03/12/15 9:11 pm

If there was an ounce of common sense in Washington we would side with the coalition, but not actually join the fight. However, since Washington is Washington, we would probably reinstate the draft and get millions of people killed defending Israel