PRoberts March 13th, 2015 2:47am

Should those on welfare be required make some sort of contribution to America?

TierasPet
03/13/15 5:49 am

Yes. There is plenty of work to be done in most communities and never enough money to do it. Contributions seem fair. If you're not looking for a job, and you could be, then contribute another way. Also, the five year limit doesn't apply here either.

kennabenena life is a blonde moment
03/13/15 1:08 am

I think that all American citizens should be making contributions to this country somehow...

Esha
03/12/15 8:49 pm

No. Some people get seriously injured and can't

TierasPet
03/13/15 5:46 am

True but that's what social security is supposed to cover.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 8:01 pm

No they already did. Also there is no permanent welfare state anymore. Clinton abolished that and replaced it with a maximum lifetime entitlement of 5 years. Also, anyone with a criminal record is permanently ineligible to receive welfare or housing.

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/12/15 8:12 pm

Not all states have time limits unfortunately I live in one with no limit.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 8:20 pm

Sounds like a knock on your state not the overall federal system.

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 8:22 pm

Also, I'd note that I don't know of any states that allow people with convictions access to welfare. Is that the case in your state as well?

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/12/15 8:22 pm

I agree I believe all states should have limits so the states like mine don't continue to be dumping grounds

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/12/15 8:27 pm

It doesn't apply to if they have completed their sentence and comply with judgement/probation. If they go thru the correct channels they can receive benefits

susanr Colorado
03/12/15 8:28 pm

Consider what circumstances cause a person to resort to welfare, & whether they have the ability or time & energy to do any contributing.

Dandilionz Caveat lector
03/12/15 8:31 pm

My mom had me at 16 and when I was 5 she needed assistance within the year she was off she had a better job and started college. I'm not against it. I just believe their should be limits

bringstheeagle Colorado
03/12/15 8:34 pm

There are limits. Lol. Still I see your concern. Sounds like you need to work politically within your state. The federal welfare problem seems resolved to me.

susanr Colorado
03/12/15 8:37 pm

That's the kind of "contributing" that I think is great, Dandi... She let the assistance help her into a better situation. That's good not just for her (and you, her child), but for our society.

BrodyRoberts Lake Park, GA
03/12/15 7:52 pm

I say we abolish the permanent welfare state in general besides people with major disabilities that completely inhibit their ability to do physical labor.